Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

30 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I also believe they have a target revenue target on some cabins and if an early bid meets the required revenue it can be awarded early.   I suspect you placed a fairly strong bid.  Just my opinion not based on any facts.

I agree on the strong bid. I put mine in very early. I wanted a celebrity suite, and got one. Still total cost was 1/2 price of  what it would have been had I booked it to start with. 

1 hour ago, mikewomb said:

I agree on the strong bid. I put mine in very early. I wanted a celebrity suite, and got one. Still total cost was 1/2 price of  what it would have been had I booked it to start with. 

As best I recall, for the Royal Suite on the Inside Passage, it was in the lower quartile of the yellow (fair) zone.  Certainly wasn't in the green zones. On the other hand, my bids on the upcoming one, the May 4 repositioning, where I really do want to move up to the suite category, my Sky Suite bid is mid-way in the light green (strong) zone, and for the Celebrity Suite, it is just over the line in the light green, but also in the strong zone.  Neither of those has been responded to at all - everything still showing pending.  Quite a mysterious process...

1 hour ago, DonahCBrown said:

As best I recall, for the Royal Suite on the Inside Passage, it was in the lower quartile of the yellow (fair) zone.  Certainly wasn't in the green zones. On the other hand, my bids on the upcoming one, the May 4 repositioning, where I really do want to move up to the suite category, my Sky Suite bid is mid-way in the light green (strong) zone, and for the Celebrity Suite, it is just over the line in the light green, but also in the strong zone.  Neither of those has been responded to at all - everything still showing pending.  Quite a mysterious process...

I recommend bidding where you are comfortable. We wanted to be in a suite, so I bid more than I might have “if it wasn’t that important” we like the suite dining, and that was a factor, also more space is a plus.  Good luck and keep us posted. 

On 4/11/2022 at 8:47 PM, mauicruiser said:

I specifically asked about access to Luminae and was told no.  Very nice agent assured me that all we would get would be cabin.  I am happy it worked out for you.

First of all, Aqua is not a suite.......so, nothing additional except the room

48 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

First of all, Aqua is not a suite.......so, nothing additional except the room

They would get access to dine in Blu and also access to Persian Gardens as well as the other Aqua benefits except for the CC points. Those would be from their original category booked. I'm sure of this because I've done it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've booked an OV6 cabin on Summit on July 3. Received our MoveUp bid opportunity yesterday. We're tempted by Aqua, not really the others options since we'd be disappointed to be stuck in a cabin in an inconvenient or noisy location and the upside of Concierge isn't enough to be worth it to us. Haven't tried Aqua before. We're mostly tempted by eating in Blu.

We made a bid on the high end of the orange segment on the dial. Now I'm wondering if we should edge it up closer to yellow. Cruise shows plenty of Aqua cabins still available. Any advice on this? A bid in the "fair" range would add $100 to the cost above what we'd already bid (which was $305pp).

On 4/23/2018 at 11:49 AM, CruisingChick said:

I just received an e-mail from Celebrity regarding my upcoming 7 night Bermuda cruise titled Celebrity MoveUp. It says I can bid on an upgrade. So I clicked on the upgrade link and check veranda, since we are booked in an ocean view. The LOWEST it will let me "bid" is $400 per person. What?

You want me to pay another $800 to move up from an outside to a veranda? That's crazy.

Has anyone used this before?

Yes, you only bid when the price makes sense.

Cruiser, how much is it worth to you to eat in Blu?  Would be about $100 max. from a veranda and add a bit more from an OV.  Cabins are similar in size

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

They would get access to dine in Blu and also access to Persian Gardens as well as the other Aqua benefits except for the CC points. Those would be from their original category booked. I'm sure of this because I've done it.

Exactly.  The person you quoted was quoted @mauicruiser who stated they called X, spoke to a rep and asked for their supervisor who stated you don't get extra amenities.  Wasn't the first time nor will it be the last time a shoreside rep has been wrong

• Like 1

Okay.  Got the official email and we got upgraded to a Royal Suite, from an original Suite guarantee booking.  Very happy, of course, but more questions.  I know we don’t get some of the goodies like extra credits for the cruise, and I think someone mentioned no premium drinks package which is no big deal to us, but there are a bunch of other perks for the Royal category like free laundry twice during our cruise and some kind of upgrade on the internet package, welcome champagne, etc.  Do we get those?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DonahCBrown said:

Okay.  Got the official email and we got upgraded to a Royal Suite, from an original Suite guarantee booking.  Very happy, of course, but more questions.  I know we don’t get some of the goodies like extra credits for the cruise, and I think someone mentioned no premium drinks package which is no big deal to us, but there are a bunch of other perks for the Royal category like free laundry twice during our cruise and some kind of upgrade on the internet package, welcome champagne, etc.  Do we get those?

Yes. You get Royal Suite amenities best being laundry and unlimited speciality dining, but not the perks (drinks, WiFi) unless they were with your original booking. Drinks in Retreat Lounge are included. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

......but not the perks (drinks, WiFi) unless they were with your original booking......

Drinks , WiFi , Bar setup, Laundry, unlimited specialities etc are part of the Royal suite and not perks so regarless of what you had before you get it all with a move up to an RS 😎

Remember if you had paid for a drinks package, wifi or an upgrade to premium along with any specialities you booked and paid for, you should get that refunded as well 

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cruise leaves Saturday, Apex TA , ship is about 1/3 empty ,

haven’t  heard anyone of anyones bid getting accepted yet 

Celebrity could move everyone in an inside or ov cabins to a balcony and still have over 200 balconies empty 

My bids are weak , if I get an up grade great , if not that is ok also 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 5:34 PM, CruiserN1 said:

We made a bid on the high end of the orange segment on the dial. Now I'm wondering if we should edge it up closer to yellow. Cruise shows plenty of Aqua cabins still available. Any advice on this? A bid in the "fair" range would add $100 to the cost above what we'd already bid (which was $305pp).

How do you see what cabins are available? Is there something like and airline seat map?

Just now, akronmaid said:

How do you see what cabins are available? Is there something like and airline seat map?

Do a mock booking for the cruise that interests you. Once you choose a cabin category, select Choose your own.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 9:51 PM, DonahCBrown said:

On 4/28/2022 at 12:18 PM, DonahCBrown said:

You folks are great!  Thanks for all the help to a Celebrity newbie.  Much appreciated - or as we say here in the islands, Mahalo Nut Loa!

Aloha,

if I researched correctly your cruise in the Royal Suite should be over.  I know your original booking did not include the Premium Drink package or the Streaming Internet.  
I am just curious if you cruised in a Royal Suite without those items?  At one time they used to be standard features of a Royal Suite.

Did you  enjoy your cruise?

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Aloha,

if I researched correctly your cruise in the Royal Suite should be over.  I know your original booking did not include the Premium Drink package or the Streaming Internet.  
I am just curious if you cruised in a Royal Suite without those items?  At one time they used to be standard features of a Royal Suite.

You get unlimited specialty dining   You should get a refund if you paid for specialty dining.  You get two bottles of your choice of alcohol.  We got matching monogrammed robes on the equinox, but zero robes or pjs on reflection in march.  Guess celebrity saving money on royal suite perks.  We were disappointed

Too many emails pushing stuff for upcoming cruise.  Everyday I get multiple emails trying to get me to bid on upgrades, upgrade drink packages,  buy excursions, book a spa treatment, etc. I also get tons of emails, texts, and real mail selling future cruises.  A few now and then is ok. However, the amount of emails is very annoying. I responded stop to texts. Is there a way to stop the emails selling stuff for a booked cruise?   I am elite plus. I cannot recall having this happen before other cruises.  

Edited by Redtravel

On 4/9/2022 at 3:16 PM, mauicruiser said:

Just spoke with Celebrity re Move Up program.  If you bid on a suite from a veranda cabin, NONE of the benefits listed in Move Up description for suites go along with that bid.  NO access to the Retreat or Luminae, NO perks of suite…just get the cabin along with any perks you have with Veranda.  Very misleading in the Move Up email.  The listed benefits for suites and Aqua, etc should be removed as they are not part of the bid. Read the fine print at end of Move Up email. “The upgrade does not include any additional promotions or amenities.  Current promotions on the reservation will not be altered.  Guests will keep same amenities they have on their current booking.”

Agree.  The agent doesn't know what they are talking about -

For an upgrade you maintain the perks you got with your booking like Classic Drink Package, Tips etc.   You get all the amenities that come with the room

Retreat

Retreat Sundeck (if available)

Luminae

You DO NOT GET the extra perks that come with a Suite Booking -  e.g. Upgrade to Premium Drink Package, Premium Internet etc.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Aloha,

No drinks package or streaming internet. Not sure that the streaming internet would have helped in Alaska, as there was barely even regular internet except in ports, where my iPhone hotspot worked just fine.  However, free access to all the specialty restaurants, which we took full advantage of, was an outstanding benefit - it almost offset the cost of the move up!  Was expecting at least 1 free laundry - as it turned out, not so.  I should have checked at guest services but the lines were so long and the cost was pretty minimal, so let it go.  Overall, enjoyed it, but, honestly, the service we got (largely due to our Retreat Host, Jamal) in the Sky Suite on the preceding cruise was better.  Did really enjoy the extra space, but other than the specialty restaurants and the bar set up, probably would be happy enough to stick with the Sky Suite, as that got us into Michael's, and the concierge services which we did use.  The jacuzzi on the balcony sounded good in theory, but Alaska in the spring was not conducive to trying it out in fact.  Cruise had other issues (barnacles, slow speed, reduced time in ports, cancelled excursions, etc. as well as a lot of Covid infections that were unacknowledged officially) so we stayed pretty low key, keeping our masks on, using public areas in 'off hours', eating early or late,  staying back in the theaters and away from folks as much as possible, passing on overfilled elevators.  We were disturbed that the ship never mandated masks when we were hearing about a lot of quarantined folks and hearing and seeing a lot of coughing etc. We'll test in a couple more days to see if we picked it up either on the cruise or elsewhere on our return travels.  Tested negative on last day of the cruise, at least. 

• Like 1

A couple of silly questions on the mechanics of the Move up program.

First, am I correct in assuming that the minimum bid will differ depending on the type of cabin you are bidding from? In other words, if you are in a veranda, I would expect the minimum bid to move up to Aquaclass would be less than  it would be for someone in an OV.

Based on that assumption. Does anyone know the process for how Celebrity chooses which bid to accept, particularly since the cost per cabin can vary widely depending on when a cruise is booked.

I guess I'm wondering if Move Up ends in a game of musical cabins? People in Sky Suites moving up to Celebrity, Royal or Penthouse Suites, thereby freeing up new cabins to be filled, etc,etc.

I already expect that the program is getting affected by last minute cancelations due to Covid travel restrictions so I would expect that there might be changes being made up to day of sailing.

3 hours ago, DonahCBrown said:

No drinks package or streaming internet. Not sure that the streaming internet would have helped in Alaska, as there was barely even regular internet except in ports, where my iPhone hotspot worked just fine.  However, free access to all the specialty restaurants, which we took full advantage of, was an outstanding benefit - it almost offset the cost of the move up!  Was expecting at least 1 free laundry - as it turned out, not so.  I should have checked at guest services but the lines were so long and the cost was pretty minimal, so let it go.  Overall, enjoyed it, but, honestly, the service we got (largely due to our Retreat Host, Jamal) in the Sky Suite on the preceding cruise was better.  Did really enjoy the extra space, but other than the specialty restaurants and the bar set up, probably would be happy enough to stick with the Sky Suite, as that got us into Michael's, and the concierge services which we did use.  The jacuzzi on the balcony sounded good in theory, but Alaska in the spring was not conducive to trying it out in fact.  Cruise had other issues (barnacles, slow speed, reduced time in ports, cancelled excursions, etc. as well as a lot of Covid infections that were unacknowledged officially) so we stayed pretty low key, keeping our masks on, using public areas in 'off hours', eating early or late,  staying back in the theaters and away from folks as much as possible, passing on overfilled elevators.  We were disturbed that the ship never mandated masks when we were hearing about a lot of quarantined folks and hearing and seeing a lot of coughing etc. We'll test in a couple more days to see if we picked it up either on the cruise or elsewhere on our return travels.  Tested negative on last day of the cruise, at least. 

Thank you for clarifying based on your very recent cruise.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, capecodmercury said:

A couple of silly questions on the mechanics of the Move up program.

First, am I correct in assuming that the minimum bid will differ depending on the type of cabin you are bidding from? In other words, if you are in a veranda, I would expect the minimum bid to move up to Aquaclass would be less than  it would be for someone in an OV.

Based on that assumption. Does anyone know the process for how Celebrity chooses which bid to accept, particularly since the cost per cabin can vary widely depending on when a cruise is booked.

I guess I'm wondering if Move Up ends in a game of musical cabins? People in Sky Suites moving up to Celebrity, Royal or Penthouse Suites, thereby freeing up new cabins to be filled, etc,etc.

I already expect that the program is getting affected by last minute cancelations due to Covid travel restrictions so I would expect that there might be changes being made up to day of sailing.

I think no one really knows exactly how X chooses who to move or if it's the case that they try to move up as many people as possible (which would be your musical chairs scenario). All other things being equal, I'd imagine they take the highest bid over what you paid already (to maximize profit for them). Minimums differ based on cabin. If you look at the pinned thread on MoveUp offers at the top of this forum, you'll see examples of how minimums differ depending on booked cabin category.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 12:11 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Agree.  The agent doesn't know what they are talking about -

For an upgrade you maintain the perks you got with your booking like Classic Drink Package, Tips etc.   You get all the amenities that come with the room

Retreat

Retreat Sundeck (if available)

Luminae

You DO NOT GET the extra perks that come with a Suite Booking -  e.g. Upgrade to Premium Drink Package, Premium Internet etc.

Please read the fine print in Move Up.  I quoted that language, not a travel agent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, LIMPIT said:

Just been advised that as a UK based guest, we are unable to participate in the Move Up Upgrade Programme, I tried to register for my upcoming cruise in April on the Equinox.

I think that us UK guests receive second rate service to that being experienced by the US guests, the Celebrity Operator at Customer Services was unable to offer any reasonable explanation why !

As I see it, Celebrity only require a valid registered e-mail address, why is this so difficult to incorperate and offer to UK guests, not sure if guests from other countries are  able to participate ?

Applicable to Canadian guests, have you considered booking your cruise through a US based TA ? That's what my relatives from Liverpool do 🙂