Is there a free ship tour on boarding day for Harmony of the Seas?

Is there a free ship tour on boarding day for Harmony of the Seas?

Thank you

I went back my last 5 sailings (all 5 were different ships in different ports) and looked through the cruise compasses.... every ship except for one had a "1st time cruisers meeting" which is a basic tour of the ship just like Merion_Mom already explained. The time and place will be posted on the cruise compass (the daily newsletter) when you board.

*** Note: the only ship this was not listed in the cruise compass was Harmony.:(

Perhaps someone who has sailed recently can look at their day 1 compass to confirm.

P8202716_zpscmiv3tir.jpg

da08d2bd-e636-4ab8-9469-1411a0da5914_zps0gunueuv.jpg

I went back my last 5 sailings (all 5 were different ships in different ports) and looked through the cruise compasses.... every ship except for one had a "1st time cruisers meeting" which is a basic tour of the ship just like Merion_Mom already explained. The time and place will be posted on the cruise compass (the daily newsletter) when you board.

*** Note: the only ship this was not listed in the cruise compass was Harmony.:(

Perhaps someone who has sailed recently can look at their day 1 compass to confirm.

P8202716_zpscmiv3tir.jpg

da08d2bd-e636-4ab8-9469-1411a0da5914_zps0gunueuv.jpg

Thanks, Claudio!! I'm not home, where my Compasses are. You're a gem. 😊

We had a free tour on Holland America with our Cruise Critic roll call group about 10 or 12 years ago. It was offered to us after we were onboard. I remember walking through the kitchen and through other behind the scenes areas. HOTS has a tour for $119, but you get to see areas of the ship that are not open to the public.

Been on Oasis once and Allure twice plus on many other RC ships. Clearly I am not that observant because I have never noticed this. Another thing I have learnt through CC.

Personally, I believe it is best to explore on your own and at your own pace. For me it is part of the excitement of sailing on an unfamiliar ship. However, if you prefer a guided tour then it looks like they are available.

I have never figured out the basis for a fee, exhorbitant at that, to take a few people around a ship. It costs the company absolutely nothing.

The basis is that people are willing to pay.

I have never figured out the basis for a fee, exhorbitant at that, to take a few people around a ship. It costs the company absolutely nothing.
They get a lanyard. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just to be clear, you’re asking about a tour for those sailing that week? Or are you asking about ship tours for visitors (ie: non-passengers?) On a recent Harmony sailing there were visitors touring the ship on boarding day. Announcement came late in the afternoon for them to leave the ship — around the time of the muster drill.

Anything free on embarking is only public areas. We like to do that ourselves between lunch and muster, if we haven't sailed the ship before. We start at the top and walk each public deck on both sides. We get exercise and quickly orient ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...