Royal adds silverseas to portfolio

How are they ever going to fit a rock climbing wall on those Silverseas yachts?

Royal is the parent company!

No climbing walls on Azamara or Celebrity either.:evilsmile:

Wow, nice! I’m still trying to work my way to Azamara! Haha

So lucky to have found the TA in 2016, turned out to be £100 p.p.p.n. We won't pay more, but since then prices on Azamara have increases since the acquisition of their new ship, so even they are well out of our price range.

I wonder what opportunity they see with Silversea.

From what I know of the brand its very high end and presumably the market for this product is small and will remain so whilst it remains that way.

Could be interesting times ahead.

From what I know of the brand its very high end and presumably the market for this product is small and will remain so whilst it remains that way.

"Silversea is a crown jewel, and the acknowledged leader in luxury and expedition cruising, two key markets that are poised for growth," said Richard D. Fain, Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises. "Uniting our two companies presents an extraordinary opportunity to expand vacation options for guests and create revenue in strategic growth areas."

The strategic rationale for the partnership includes: driving long-term capacity growth in the burgeoning luxury and expedition markets at a much larger scale than what Silversea would achieve independently; diversifying Royal Caribbean's portfolio and increasing its expedition offerings by adding a premiere ultra-luxury brand; leveraging the global footprint of the combined companies to generate demand and increase vacation and destination options for the guests of both companies and realizing significant synergies related to global market access, supply chain, purchasing power and other economies of scale.

Source: Cruise Industry News

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/19207-royal-caribbean-buys-silversea.html

Edited by JMG

They visit Dutch Harbor. [emoji16]

Trip from Seward to Tokyo this fall is $3,900 pp for 12 nights. Plus $1,000 OBC.

Cabin is about the size of a JS, but no balcony. The lowest price balcony cabins have a 'shared' balcony. [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"Silversea is a crown jewel, and the acknowledged leader in luxury and expedition cruising, two key markets that are poised for growth," said Richard D. Fain, Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises. "Uniting our two companies presents an extraordinary opportunity to expand vacation options for guests and create revenue in strategic growth areas."

The strategic rationale for the partnership includes: driving long-term capacity growth in the burgeoning luxury and expedition markets at a much larger scale than what Silversea would achieve independently; diversifying Royal Caribbean's portfolio and increasing its expedition offerings by adding a premiere ultra-luxury brand; leveraging the global footprint of the combined companies to generate demand and increase vacation and destination options for the guests of both companies and realizing significant synergies related to global market access, supply chain, purchasing power and other economies of scale.

Interesting, thank you.

Head to head with Seabourn - owned by Carnival and Regent owned by NCL.

Hmm i wonder if there gonna go to coco cay [emoji6]

I can imagine the shock for the Silversea passengers when they find out they are sharing Coco Cay with 6500 others.

Two different products.

Azamara Premium.

Silversea Luxury. Keith

Interesting postings by Keith and others. Money people and the NY stock market are viewing this move as a "WIN" for Royal Caribbean. In checking the Wall Street Journal a few minutes ago, their stock value is up by a decent margin today. Of course, a win for Wall Street, does not always equal the best news for Silversea customers. Right or wrong??!! We have done five cruises with Silversea, including a link below for our South Africa sailing with them.

We have done two successful cruises with Celebrity, but not yet with RCL. In November, we will be doing Nov. 16-Dec. 5, 2018, our first sailing with Oceania on their Nautica ship from Athens to Dubai. This 20-day cruise will include our first visits to the Holy Lands, Egypt, Middle East, etc. Oceania is part of the mass-market NCL group. Should we worry or avoid them? But Oceania has a decent reputation, especially for its food. NCL also owns and seems to do well with its Regent Seven Seas luxury brand. Being part of a BIG corporate group could be good or bad. How well will it work for the new and larger RCL?? Wall Street has voted thumbs up.

Full stock details at:

https://quotes.wsj.com/RCL

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 39,519 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

For the past twelve months, here has been the downward slide for RCL, but then the quick upswing today with their stock value due to purchasing Silversea.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

Screen%20Shot%202018-06-14%20at%202.42.35%20PM_zpsc5mdhvpw.png

Possibly a very expensive/plausible incentive to get rid of all Vision and Radiance Class ships sooner rather than later?

Vision and Radiance Class are very large in comparison to the current Silversea fleet. Their largest ship comes in at around 40,000GT and 600 passengers.