Very disturbing lawsuit

Bridge Tour or Captain's Corner question maybe.

Or maybe ask Bailey on the President's Cruise this September.

The SOC is probably a sensitive enough of an operation that you won't get an answer form anyone.

Biker, who is surprised at the post whoring this thread has generated.

Big difference with the Martin case was the shooter was a person performing an HOA supported activity. If Martin had been shot by a resident, not performing an HOA supported function I think that settlement would not have happened.

The equivalent in this case would be the assault being performed by a cruise ship employee.

The family aren’t suing RC on the same basis as the Martins sued their HOA though. That’s the big difference.

I’m simply saying that if a massive city can monitor one of the most well visited places in the world, why can’t a ship do the same?? They have the resources...

At 2am I expect a heightened level of security- whether it be a hotel, or cruise ship. This is the time when intoxicated people are roaming the ship and crimes are more likely to be committed. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable expectation.

If you think that NYPD monitors every single camera they have in real time than you are living in a dream world .

While they may monitor a large number of them in real time, there are many more that are used as an investigative after the fact.

The same is true for a cruise ship. With the ENORMOUS amount of cameras they have there is no way you can monitor every one in real time .

Yes using logic and common sense usually is and I will reiterate yet again for those that don't read links or entire threads....

At 2am security should be stepped up not down

For those that defend not monitoring cameras...they should be monitored at times known for rowdy behavior at the minimum

We know nothing about the parents so to blame them is ridiculous as they may have put the kid to bed...perhaps right in the same cabin with them and he may have sneaked out or was lured out and they just didn't hear him or wake up

The library is apparently in a well traveled area according to posters here and doesn't have a door that can be locked and rccl apparently expects night owls to be there at 2am but doesn't monitor it even though it has cameras there...interesting

The judge is wrong by allowing the lawsuit to proceed because apparently there is no reason to hold rccl liable even though the attack took place in a well traveled area at 2am and didn't notice a kid out at 2am

However..kudos...to the ship for watching the video after the fact and getting the culprits....and even perhaps...apprehending them within minutes of the attack....but we don't know when they were apprehended...because that's not in the article so it could have been weeks later as well.

Oh and yes...this is a money grab by the parents

As opposed to..

Recognizing that legitimate lawsuits are a way to hold corporations

Responsible for their..policies...procedures...actions...that in the eyes of the law and judges and juries are detrimental to those that do business or are in some way hurt by said company

Also apparently a 13 yo is considered to actually understand everything at that age and should be expected to conduct himself as an adult and should be held responsible ..again no....the kid is protected by law as the law recognizes his age is a factor. I am not talking about trying a kid as an adult for certain crimes either as I get that concept I'm talking about trying to say they kid should,d have known better than to be out at 2am

Also we haven't a clue what the kid said to the girl. It could have just been taken the wrong way by the girl and her sick father or it could have been a serious nasty insult. The point is that they were just WORDS...not physical harm...but no one had enough sense to just ignore it

Enjoy your day all

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But we do know what was said. Read the post Merion Mom shared. Google is your friend

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We know nothing about the parents so to blame them is ridiculous as they may have put the kid to bed...perhaps right in the same cabin with them and he may have sneaked out or was lured out and they just didn't hear him or wake up

So once again, the parents get a pass for not knowing where their kids were at 2am, but RCI is culpable for not watching 300+ video cameras in real time?

Possibly lured out of the cabin? So someone was able to wake the kids up and lure them out, but not wake the parents?

Sorry, but I'm really struggling to understand your "logic and common sense."

The SOC is probably a sensitive enough of an operation that you won't get an answer form anyone.

Biker, who is surprised at the post whoring this thread has generated.

Yea, but I'd love to see the response, especially caught off guard in a public setting.

You know, I'm only here to try and tell Maggie how the library is laid out. [emoji16]

If you think that NYPD monitors every single camera they have in real time than you are living in a dream world .

While they may monitor a large number of them in real time, there are many more that are used as an investigative after the fact.

The same is true for a cruise ship. With the ENORMOUS amount of cameras they have there is no way you can monitor every one in real time .

Agree with this completely - anyone that thinks large-scale CCTV installations monitors every camera 24x7 is incredibly naïve. Within a single building, even, would be a major challenge - city-wide just doesn't happen.

So once again, the parents get a pass for not knowing where their kids were at 2am, but RCI is culpable for not watching 300+ video cameras in real time?

Possibly lured out of the cabin? So someone was able to wake the kids up and lure them out, but not wake the parents?

Sorry, but I'm really struggling to understand your "logic and common sense."

I wonder if the girl lured him there.

I'm just stating what the article said!! Until I have additional info that's all I can state isn't it?

Is the article written by the plaintiff? No

It does say.....however, no security personnel were monitoring the cameras

Somehow someone knows that because if they didn't know it then wouldn't it say....security MAY NOT have been monitoring the cameras?

All moot points anyway...the judge is moving forward with the case

Imho rccl should offer a payout and be done with it

Just like McDonald's should have done all those years ago...because everyone who can read knows by know all the burned woman was asking for was for her medical bills to be paid...about $20,000 if I'm not mistaken

Have you ever heard of FAKENEWS?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just using general common sense....and looking at all possibilities regarding this incident

Monitoring 300 cameras in real time would take 300 people and a room equivalent in size of at least 50 cabins - I think most would say that is not common sense.

Nope...but as I said all I can go by is what's in the article. As I e stated I'm just going by that. To do anything else would be making up facts wouldn't it?

My opinion about the kid being out are just that my opinions

But the article states cameras were not monitored. So until I know differently I won't make things up

Btw ....did you notice where the article came from? If you didn't read it...it a Disney article. So go argue with them.

Personally I'd like to know where you are getting your facts about the supposed lie about them not being monitored?

Sounds like to me you made up your mind on entirely what the Plaintiff filed in the lawsuit. I agree with others, why have a trial?

What's really a shame is that the father of the girl should have gone immediately to security about the original incident. They probably would've ejected the boy and his family at the next port. I've seen this happen frequently. The best revenge would've been for the boy's family to lose their vacation. Pity......

Nope the judge is allowing the lawsuit to proceed. Not incorrect

You literally stated "Ok then...how about this...the judge decided the motion was valid." That is incorrect, your rebuttal that you're right by stating something completely different is not valid at proving your other statement true.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Monitoring 300 cameras in real time would take 300 people and a room equivalent in size of at least 50 cabins - I think most would say that is not common sense.
Not quite that many. I'm sure one person could monitor at least 6. But they need breaks and 3 shifts. So maybe half of what you wrote

Nope what's an embarrassment is that so many here think rccl didn't need to monitor their cameras

Or

That the parents are at fault

Or

That rccl shouldn't be more cognizant as to the happenings in the ship at 2am

I guess I'm ignorant to suggest the library be locked at 2am?

Tell me why do they put rope netting over the pools? Why do they do that I wonder?

How many people drowned in libraries this year?

Question: How many of you will never cruise on RCL again because this happened? I hear a lot of outrage. But how outraged are you really?

And what would they say/do if Royal raised fares to hire people to watch/monitor all the security cameras onboard the ship. Watch people cry if that were to happen.