Movies filmed on Harmony of the Seas

Which theater? They showed multiple in the film. It was definitely the Harmony's theaters though.

We thought the first bit of the film prior to the cruise portion was a bit drawn out and not engaging. Almost stopped watching. But once they got on the ship, the pacing was much better. Entertaining film, especially if you have been on Harmony.

The one where they did the karaoke. It was tiered theater. But I’ve never been on harmony only oasis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'd think Royal wouldn't want people to think that sort of thing was permitted!

I see a bunch of comments were deleted so I will also repost that I wonder how Kelsey Grammer's character was able to board when the husband's name was supposedly on the reservation. And of course Harmony doesn't sail into NY, but I guess that's not as bad as some of the other liberties they took.

Royal Caribbean didn't write the movie

The one where they did the karaoke. It was tiered theater. But I’ve never been on harmony only oasis

That looked like Studio B, the ice rink. Just covered the ice with a stage.

I thought at first it was studio B, but they only have stadium seating and no tables. That probably wasn't filmed onboard ship.

From the balcony size, the cabin was a suite, but the interior didn't look like a JS or GS and wasn't big enough to be a higher category suite.

Lauren Miller-Rogen not only directed, but she wrote and produced the movie.

There's a youtube video of the premiere where they interview most of the cast and Lauren and a couple of others involved in producing the movie. I can't find it right now, but if you google the movie name, lots of videos pop up.

]I thought at first it was studio B' date=' but they only have stadium seating and no tables. That probably wasn't filmed onboard ship.[/color']

From the balcony size, the cabin was a suite, but the interior didn't look like a JS or GS and wasn't big enough to be a higher category suite.

There's a youtube video of the premiere where they interview most of the cast and Lauren and a couple of others involved in producing the movie. I can't find it right now, but if you google the movie name, lots of videos pop up.

I thought that at first but my wife pointed out that they could have created “tables” to go over every other row of seating.

I thought at first it was studio B, but they only have stadium seating and no tables. That probably wasn't filmed onboard ship.

You could be right. I guess the layout is basically Studio B, but they could have recreated something for a set. I didn't look closely enough when watching it.

I just watched the film. It was enjoyable. A truism of the plot was Kristin Bell’s character who couldn’t disconnect from work and was constantly on the cell phone. Even when on a shore excursion surrounded by nature. I see too much of that on cruises,

By the way, there is a funny episode of The Nanny that was filmed on a Celebrity ship. It may be on YouTube.

That is my one rule for DH as we do not get the internet package.

Wondering like poster above, is that Coastal Kitchen? And what stateroom category was that (or was that made up, filmed in a studio)

Have you ever tried to hail a cab in New York? That language is not unique to the situation. With the amount of teens and the popularity of the deluxe drink package I’m sure the F Bombs are dropped quite often on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Compared to what they say and show on TV these days that movie was tame.

My real question is can the Royal Caribbean pizza be folded like the one in the scene in front of Macy’s?

Edited by Iamcruzin

I haven’t been on RCCL yet, but on other cruise lines I’ve sailed, the slices were too small and rigid to fold. Not that I minded.

On Princess the pizza can fold, On Celebrity it was cardboard with sauce and cheese.

Maybe I missed it, but did they show the Aqua Theatre? (If that's what it is called, I haven't been on that class of ship) I saw the zipline, flowrider, etc...maybe I missed it. We are longtime almost Diamond Plus RCI cruisers, haven't been in a few years, we've switched to the Viking Ocean smaller ships. Funny seeing the huge ship...we started on Nordic Prince! Thought Song of America was huge and when the Sovereign came around...wow!! We loved our RCI experiences but the huge ships are just not for us. Seeing this movie, however, I think will bring a lot of folks to RCI. They will love the big resort type feel. Good for RCI for promoting this way.

I don't recall the Aqua Theater being shown. I like both big and small ships. I have Harmony of the Seas booked in January 2019 and at the other end of the spectrum Oceania's Insignia booked in August 2019.

There will be a movie filmed on the latest Oasis Class ship, Symphony of the Seas shown on the Hallmark Channel. Love at Sea, August 11 at 9:00 PM ET. Have to see if I have that channel.