Muster Station issue

Hello all,

I have 2 cabins side by side booked on Anthem this August and found out that they have different Muster Stations. I am mostly concerned because our 14 YO Nephew will be with my 24 YO son in one cabin and my DW and I in the next one.

Has anyone had this issue and did you find a way to fix it so we are all Mustering together?

TIA

Hello all,

I have 2 cabins side by side booked on Anthem this August and found out that they have different Muster Stations. I am mostly concerned because our 14 YO Nephew will be with my 24 YO son in one cabin and my DW and I in the next one.

Has anyone had this issue and did you find a way to fix it so we are all Mustering together?

TIA

Your nephew and adult son are together....so are you saying you don't trust your son to watch over the nephew in the event of an emergency? If so, than maybe the combination is not so good.

Hello all,

TIA

You can't

You can't

I wouldn't trust me at 24 let alone my son. I have no advice for you though other than to say that in the event of a real emergency, I bet the 24 yo will step up or maybe you and the nephew can trade places.

If you dont trust your son then make em switch your or your wife's name with his so one of you muster with the kid. Who sleeps where doesnt matter anyway.
Exactly at muster they just swipe your card to make sure you attend so your son just needs to swap his room card with yours or your wife's.

My kids have been in a different muster station the last 2 cruises. My oldest is now 22. I didn't worry about it as if something really was happening, we figured we would get together.

Don't worry about it. Chances are worse that you have an auto accident on the way there, than to have to abandon ship.

Have a good trip!

When I was 24 years old, I was working full time putting myself through a major college. I am sure I could have handled a 14yo in an emergency.

Also married 24 years old have kids, and seem to travel with said kids, without the need for more "adult" supervision.

I do not understand your concern.

Hello all,

TIA

Hello all,

TIA

short of moving cabins so that you are at the same muster station.. you don't.

When I was 24 years old, I was working full time putting myself through a major college. I am sure I could have handled a 14yo in an emergency.

Also married 24 years old have kids, and seem to travel with said kids, without the need for more "adult" supervision.

I do not understand your concern.

If this was my situation I would not hesitate to leave MY 14yo SON with his older brother. But OP is obviously responsible for her nephew who is a minor child not her own. The Puts a different spin on things.

I wouldn't trust me at 24 let alone my son. I have no advice for you though other than to say that in the event of a real emergency, I bet the 24 yo will step up or maybe you and the nephew can trade places.

I was pretty secure in my abilities at 24 and my parents had no issue trusting me to take care of my brothers when I was 15.

It depends on what you mean by same muster station? Many life boats muster at the same location but have different numbers. For example 10 or so lifeboats many muster in the theater. The muster stations are different as the number for each life boat is different, as long as you are mustering in the same main meeting location then yes the crew can typically swap people in a real emergency.

We cruise as a blended family with my husband, my daughter and stepson in our cabin. Stepdaughter, her mom and stepdad in another cabin. We have never been assigned the same muster station but always the same meeting location such as the theater or a bar because we book cabins in close proximity to each other. We talk with the staff, explain the situation and they have told us how to address the situation in a real emergency so that we meet, ensure the children as they bounce between parents alternating nights of the cruise are accounted for and board lifeboats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

TIA

I had this on my last cruise. My son (18) and daughter (15) had a different station. I spoke with the staff and they said "families should stay together". They told us to go to our (my wife and I) muster station and tell the leader the situation. It was no big deal, they checked us all in. I also asked what we do in the event of a real emergency, and again, families should stay together.

Hope that helps.

.......well, have you already forgot Costa Concordia?

Because of her falling on the side, a lot of the lifeboats were useless when she fell on the side.

That’s why there are a lot of extra lifewests in every station.

True, but Concordia was an extraordinary situation and would never occurred had the captain had any sensibility. The poster who made the lifeboat comment is notorious on these boards for posting false information and never coming back after their initial post.

When I was 24 I got married and went on my first cruise for my honeymoon. I was able to do the safety drill just fine, and I could have supervised a 14 year old too. During muster (or an emergency) the entire crew is directing people to their stations and checking staterooms to make sure they're vacant. You can't easily avoid being herded to where you need to go.

.......well, have you already forgot Costa Concordia?

Because of her falling on the side, a lot of the lifeboats were useless when she fell on the side.

That’s why there are a lot of extra lifewests in every station.

In other threads, "Chief" addressed the Condordia issue thoroughly.

If I recall, and I won't speak for him, he adequately debunked the 50% theory. I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

A quick google search for pics from the Costa Concordia will show you are wrong with your statement of "a lot of Lifeboats" and even worse CB´s statement about "1/2 of the lifeboats being useless".

Unfortunately it´s not against the board rules to continue spreading absolute false stuff. With that it´s up to the other posters to point out such nonesense.

I totally agree and I am grateful there are people like Host Clarea especially who's posts you can trust and are very helpful.

Yes he debunked the 50% theory. The captain waited something like an 1 1/2 to 2 hours before ordering people to the muster stations. If they had ordered to the stations earlier. They could have been ordered to abandon the ship in a more timely manner, utilizing all of the life boats.

If I remember correctly the reason why the ship was listing was because it pushed up against (on???) an underwater ridge. In the open water it would not list as it took on water. I believe the chief said it go down stern first but all lifeboats would have been usable for evacuation.

In other threads, "Chief" addressed the Condordia issue thoroughly.

If I recall, and I won't speak for him, he adequately debunked the 50% theory. I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

In general you don’t. Some ships print your muster station on your set sail pass and then you can ask on here where that station is located.
Don't all the ships do that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk