Body Cameras worn by RCCL crew

Just saw this on a recent compass. Some crew members will be wearing body cameras for the safety of passengers.

I personally think this is a little invasive but if it’s limited to a few security crew members then I suppose it wouldn’t cause too much of a ruckus.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just saw this on a recent compass. Some crew members will be wearing body cameras for the safety of passengers.

I personally think this is a little invasive but if it’s limited to a few security crew members then I suppose it wouldn’t cause too much of a ruckus.

What do you think?

Good idea. Invasive how?

Just off the Allure, only the security folks were wearing them, and the camera part that was visible was really small and unobtrusive, they looked almost like black tie bars you'd wear with a tie, unlike some of the bulkier ones you see police officers wearing.

Since we already know almost all parts of the ship are under video surveillance, it doesn't bother me if the camera is on a staff member's shirt instead of/in addition to the one on the wall or ceiling.

Doesn't bother me..just don't try to sell it me as "for the safety of the passengers"....its strictly to protect RCI and their employees...good luck if you think you would be ever able to see or use the video on those cameras as a customer of RCI if something came up.

It's only the security personnel and they are very clear about the fact that you are being recorded.

Exmaple: The hairdryer in our room triggered the fire alarm on Navigator (in Grand Suites the hairdryer is in the vanity next to the bed and there is a fire alarm right above the vanity). Besides the immediate (within 5 seconds) phone call from the bridge (we explained the hairdryer situation and they stopped the alarm), a person from security came to check within 1-2 minutes that indeed everything was ok in the room.

He did not enter the room at all before stating clearly that he was wearing a body camera. I guess this is due to the fact that your stateroom normally has no cameras in it ;)

-jani

We saw them back in September on Harmony but only the men in black were wearing them. Uniform security didn't have them but that may have changed by now. Coming from law enforcement, I think they're a good thing. Most of the time it keeps everyone honest.

What do you think?

Ok...I'll bite.

How in the name of horse feathers can you think it is invasive while you are in a public area? Ignoring the fact the US law doesn't apply outside the US, when you are in public you have absolutely no expectation of privacy.

What do you think?

If I was hanging out on Orient beach and they came up and talked to me I might consider it invasive :o but even with a BAC nearing .1% I won't mind, unless they post it to youtube and get me fired, but that won't happen.

What do you think?

I also see this on the Compass from my recent Oasis cruise.

Wondering when they go to the restroom, do they leave their camera on ?

Or even if they are instructed to turn off their camera when they use the restroom, they may forgot to do so

If I was hanging out on Orient beach and they came up and talked to me I might consider it invasive :o.

I guess it would depend if you were on the right side of Orient beach :eek:

Security cameras and security personnel body cameras are there so that if an incident occurs the video may be reviewed to show what, where and when the incident occurred. As I highly doubt that they regularly review the video without cause probably well over 99% of the videos are never seen. I would think the only places that have a real time video feed to a monitor is in sensitive areas of the ship that would not normally be accessible to the guests.

Sent from my iPad using Forums