Concierge Class boarding day lunch

Janet524

Is there a special lunch in the MDR for Concierge Class guests on board day?

They serve lunch in the MDR for concierge class passengers, B2B passengers, visiting travel agents, and several other categories of people, such as visiting entertainers. As others have mentioned, the menu there is extremely limited.

You can ask to look at the menu at the entrance before being seated to see if there is anything on it that appeals to you. That is what we do before deciding.

Sometimes there is only one thing on the menu that we want, so we eat it there and then head up to the buffet, or over to the spa cafe for the rest of our meal.

• Like 1

We have always enjoyed the Concierge lunch. An appetizer, entree (usually chicken, meat, pasta and dessert. A leisurely lunch and cabins usually ready by the time we finish. Great way to break in your Beverage Package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

I love the Concierge Class Embarkation lunch. The menu includes choice of Caesar salad or butternut squash soup, entrée of grilled chicken with fries, whole wheat pasta with veggies, grilled salmon on spinach and mashed potatoes or short rib. Dessert choices are apple pie (as I recall) or ......? (Sorry, I don't eat sugar and can't remember).

The luncheon is a nice way to quietly enjoy your first meal on the ship without having to haul your carry-on luggage until the cabins are ready.

I enjoy the buffet lunches. But NOT on embarkation day! Waaaay to crowded and chaotic; at least until the cabins open. So I'm very happy for a quiet, relaxed dining room lunch that we can enjoy at our leisure (and break in the beverage package).

And I'm pretty sure the other dessert option is still the chocolate cake. :D

I love the Concierge Class Embarkation lunch. The menu includes choice of Caesar salad or butternut squash soup, entrée of grilled chicken with fries, whole wheat pasta with veggies, grilled salmon on spinach and mashed potatoes or short rib. Dessert choices are apple pie (as I recall) or ......? (Sorry, I don't eat sugar and can't remember).

The luncheon is a nice way to quietly enjoy your first meal on the ship without having to haul your carry-on luggage until the cabins are ready.

Agree with all of the above, the other dessert you left out is chocolate cake. Yummmm. The lunch is far superior to the buffet, especially if you are tired from travelling on an overnight flight. Not having to drag your carry on with you while you eat is another bonus !

What time is the Concierge Lunch on embarkation day? Is it a set time, a range, etc? We are on the Infinity leaving 11/1/18. Thanks!

We have attended as B2B passengers. Since we just did this yesterday I know that the staff stops seating folks at 1PM. I think they start seating at 11.30 AM.

And I think it is much preferable to the buffet on embarkation day.

• Like 1

We have attended as B2B passengers. Since we just did this yesterday I know that the staff stops seating folks at 1PM. I think they start seating at 11.30 AM.

And I think it is much preferable to the buffet on embarkation day.[/qu

Yes the lunch is from 11:30 -1pm

I also agree that it is more enjoyable than fighting the crowds at the buffet. Having said that, I certainly do not base my decision to stay in a concierge cabin on this perk.

The embarkation luncheon and the dedicated Concierge pre-disembarkation lounge are huge perks for me to book this level of service, as well as the prime cabin locations on board. I may be tempted to book Aqua Class in the future just to try Blu. We shall see....

• 1 month later...
On October 3, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Saturngrl said:

The embarkation luncheon and the dedicated Concierge pre-disembarkation lounge are huge perks for me to book this level of service, as well as the prime cabin locations on board. I may be tempted to book Aqua Class in the future just to try Blu. We shall see....

We have been in concierge class several times. MDR lunch is nice. You would think that the MDR embarkation lunch would be open to aqua class and suite guests. On our last cruise on Summit, we were in aqua class. We went to the MDR and were told that we were not allowed to eat in the MDR. Same thing happened to suite guests. We were told to go to the Buffet. I do not like the Buffet.  It seemed wrong. It was only open to concierge guests.  It wasn't a nice way to start a cruise. Buffet on embarkation day is a zoo. There are too many people and too few tables. We went to the Buffet. There should be a better way to start a cruise.  

On 10/1/2018 at 12:54 PM, mom says said:

I enjoy the buffet lunches. But NOT on embarkation day! Waaaay to crowded and chaotic; at least until the cabins open. So I'm very happy for a quiet, relaxed dining room lunch that we can enjoy at our leisure (and break in the beverage package).

And I'm pretty sure the other dessert option is still the chocolate cake. 😄

I agree. I also like the Buffet but not on embarkation day.

I love the relaxing lunch regardless of the menu. 

T

Last year when we cruised Celebrity Reflection Concierge Class the lunch was a very nice option to eating in the buffet.

As others have stated the staff will hold you carry on bags while you dine, the menu is limited, I thin we had the option of chicken, lamb and a pasta dish, stay away from chicken, very, very dry.

The only complaint that I have about the lunch is you are constantly having to deal with waiters trying to sell you dining and beverage packages, very annoying.

We are recently off the Silhouette and very much enjoyed the Concierge Class embarkation day lunch in the MDR. As others have said, it sure beats the chaos of the buffet that day. 

I just want to add that the staff do not “hold” your carryons for you during lunch. You are free to leave them at the front of the MDR if you want, but there’s no claim check or security, and anyone could walk off with someone else’s bag. Since for me, the only reason I’ve carried stuff on is because the contents are too valuable to loose (cameras and other electronics, prescription meds), I’m not about to just leave them. YMMV of course. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

We have been in concierge class several times. MDR lunch is nice. You would think that the MDR embarkation lunch would be open to aqua class and suite guests. On our last cruise on Summit, we were in aqua class. We went to the MDR and were told that we were not allowed to eat in the MDR. Same thing happened to suite guests. We were told to go to the Buffet. I do not like the Buffet.  It seemed wrong. It was only open to concierge guests.  It wasn't a nice way to start a cruise. Buffet on embarkation day is a zoo. There are too many people and too few tables. We went to the Buffet. There should be a better way to start a cruise.  

Well, the embarkation lunch is a perk for CONCIERGE class, one of few.

You could have (but didn’t) chosen that class if you got aqua or a suite.

One has to accept some things, and Concierge class cannot eat in Blu or Luminae, nor can Aqua or Suite guests eat at the Concierge lunch.

If it helps to ease your senses, you didn’t miss much, it’s nice don’t get me wrong but not something that makes or breaks a cruise experience.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

<<<SNIP>>>

If it helps to ease your senses, you didn’t miss much, it’s nice don’t get me wrong but not something that makes or breaks a cruise experience.

I agree with you. I certainly wouldn't book Concierge just for the perks and certainly not specifically for the lunch. A Veranda is fine for us. It's just that sometimes the Celebrity pricing is up-side-down and Consierge is sometimes less or perhaps very little more than Veranda class.

T