"Veranda" cabin differences

RealBatman

We have always sailed Aqua. Now that we are Elite, we are playing with the idea of booking a future trip in 'Veranda', and using the difference in price between Aqua and Veranda to dine in specialty dining. But there are some significant price differences in the 'Veranda' class! I can see the difference with a Family veranda cabin as they are larger... but I'm not seeing a difference in the various other veranda cabins.

Is there a simple answer?   🙂

9 minutes ago, RealBatman said:We have always sailed Aqua. Now that we are Elite, we are playing with the idea of booking a future trip in 'Veranda', and using the difference in price between Aqua and Veranda to dine in specialty dining. But there are some significant price differences in the 'Veranda' class! I can see the difference with a Family veranda cabin as they are larger... but I'm not seeing a difference in the various other veranda cabins.

On the Sclass ships the Veranda, Concierge and AQ cabins are the same size, same decor.  On the MClass ships AQ & Concierge are about 20 sq feet larger than a veranda.

The jetted shower and fog less mirror in AQ cabin are not in Veranda cabins and amenities such as canapés, sparkling wine, upgraded tote bag, slippers, etc are not included with a regular veranda.

Among the  eranda cabins the different categories are based on location and/or obstructed view, eg 2D has an obstructed view, 2c partial obstructed view.  SV rear facing on the very aft of the ship.  1A on a slant with oversized balcony.

Hope that help clear up some of the confusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Location is the main difference with Verandas.  If you go the cheapest, you could be in a partially obstructed cabin on the lower deck.  SV rear are few, but great if you book early.

We have done one cruise in AQ and liked BLU, but don't think it is worth the additional cost.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jelayne said:

On the Sclass ships the Veranda, Concierge and AQ cabins are the same size, same decor.  On the MClass ships AQ & Concierge are about 20 sq feet larger than a veranda.

One of the reasons we always booked Concierge on the M class. Miss those extra square feet.

bosco

29 minutes ago, jelayne said:

1 hour ago, RealBatman said:

We have always sailed Aqua. Now that we are Elite, we are playing with the idea of booking a future trip in 'Veranda', and using the difference in price between Aqua and Veranda to dine in specialty dining. But there are some significant price differences in the 'Veranda' class! I can see the difference with a Family veranda cabin as they are larger... but I'm not seeing a difference in the various other veranda cabins.

On the S class we like the CAT 2A in AFT corner one in the port side and one in the starboard side this cabins also has the veranda larger and angled on the Eclipse 7305 or 7354 Silhouette 7307 or 7356.  In the M class the sweet sixteen cabins are CAT 2C with larger balcony (6021-6035 & 6016-6030)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorky said:

Biggest plus for us is the larger balconies on the slant of the bumps on the s class ships. We have an A1 booked for next year

My travel guy was suggesting I not go for the slant cabins due to lack of privacy. Have you noticed that to be an issue at all ??

13 minutes ago, ASell said:

My travel guy was suggesting I not go for the slant cabins due to lack of privacy. Have you noticed that to be an issue at all ??

No, we had the same cabin our last cruise with no problems

No. Any balcony can be looked into from the sides if the person on that adjoining cabin balcony wants to crane his neck around the partition. Also, they are fully covered. If you like total sun, stay away from the slant balconies. Leaves more selection for me!

1 hour ago, ASell said:

It is a non issue; makes me wonder if your "travel guy" has ever been in one of these cabins.

But as others have said, leave them for the rest of us. :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

It is a non issue; makes me wonder if your "travel guy" has ever been in one of these cabins.

But as others have said, leave them for the rest of us. :classic_biggrin:

I think some of you are being a little hard on the "travel guy".     I understand what the "travel guy" is saying.  Anyone along the side of the ship that looks toward your balcony is looking into your balcony without doing something like looking around the partition.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bigbeergut said:

I think some of you are being a little hard on the "travel guy".     I understand what the "travel guy" is saying.  Anyone along the side of the ship that looks toward your balcony is looking into your balcony without doing something like looking around the partition.  

But conversely if yo are in a hump cabin with slanted veranda  You are looking into all of those non-slant veranda's.    While I have never traveled in an ocean view slant cabin I often travel in RS and CS's with a slant cabin and have never felt as though people were looking into my cabin.    If you sit in the same location as a regular cabin you have the same privacy but if on the extra space of the point you might be seen by other's.    I've never felt as though my privacy was infringed upon.  

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. I didn't book one of the hump cabins this time, but I am going to look when on board. Last time I was on Celebrity, it was the Infinity in 2002.  I am so looking forward to Dec 1  !

9 hours ago, ASell said:

I have not had any problem that some voyeuristic is watching us, and if so I would report it to security because it is a violation of the rules of good social harmony that one signs when booking the cruise.

6 hours ago, sanger727 said:

The main thing to watch out for with verandahs is that 2C and 2D

are obstructed view. Outside of those two categories, most of the price differences come down to location preference.

We used to book 2A, then once when there were none available we went for 1A which had a much bigger balcony. Last summer we went for 2D but were upgraded to 2C as we are Elite. It had a slanted balcony and I booked carefully from the plan so that we did have a view down to the water ( partially obstructed means that you cannot see the water on deck 6 as you look down on to the lifeboat.)

FF09785B-E384-4765-92D9-AE7923C11132.jpeg

17 hours ago, RealBatman said:

Location, location, location, as in Real Estate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

down to the water ( partially obstructed means that you cannot see the water on deck 6 as you look down on to the lifeboat.)

AHhhh,  I wondered exactly what they were talking about on obstructed !

Thanks !

On 10/26/2018 at 7:35 PM, Jim_Iain said:

But conversely if yo are in a hump cabin with slanted veranda  You are looking into all of those non-slant veranda's.    While I have never traveled in an ocean view slant cabin I often travel in RS and CS's with a slant cabin and have never felt as though people were looking into my cabin.    If you sit in the same location as a regular cabin you have the same privacy but if on the extra space of the point you might be seen by other's.    I've never felt as though my privacy was infringed upon.  

Great point!

And "Travel Guy" is probably not aware of the fact that half of the slant balconies on the hump are larger than the other half and thus have more privacy.

For example, the balconies of 8279 & 8283 are larger than those of 8281 & 8285.

You can identify the cabins on the slant with the larger balconies as the ones closest to the straight part of the hump plus the cabins that are one cabin away from them (skip over the adjacent cabin.)

The reason the balconies are bigger is that pairs of cabins - such as 8279 and 8281 - share the entire same wall. Thus their balcony doors are perfectly aligned; but since the balcony rail is at an angle to the aligned balcony doors the rail is further away from the balcony doors of 8279 than it is from the balcony doors of 8281.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

It's all about location, location, location, as well as obstructed versus non-obstructed.  One thing I will never understand, though, is why cabins on higher floors are considered more desirable and therefore priced higher.  (This is if obstruction is not in the equation).  Personally, I prefer lower floors as long as they don't have obstructed views.  And to me as well, looking down and seeing a lifeboat rather than the sea doesn't bother me one way or another (I know it does some).  I look out at the sea, not down at the sea.  I don't, however, like the cabins that have big equipment right outside the balcony.  Those can be annoying.