Diamond member question

Ken Greco

24 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just got off the Symphony and they checked everyones sea pass card every night from 4:30 to 8 for 12 nights.  No problem during the day but they are really checking everyone at night, 

Wish all the ships were this strict.  On Freedom earlier this year there were clearly people sneaking in the DL the first few nights and it was nearly impossible to find a seat.  Enough people complained to the Concierge that started checking Seapass cards at the door.

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just got off the Symphony and they checked everyones sea pass card every night from 4:30 to 8 for 12 nights.  No problem during the day but they are really checking everyone at night, 

Had the same experience on Liberty last week.  They only checked one night that we saw, but they were definitely checking every single card.

Pat

5 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Wish all the ships were this strict.  Concierge that started checking Seapass cards at the door.

so they only do this at the door right? 

and to answer the original post

"

Can a Diamond member bring a non member to a free cocktail party?"

no you cant, but some friends do

On Rhapsody they did not check coming into the Diamond Lounge, but the Loyalty Concierge walked around with her clipboard & list of all the Diamonds and above and asked for our names to check us off the list.  Once you were a familiar face to her, you were never bothered except to say hello.

I wonder if it varies depending on how many Diamonds and higher are on board. As an example the Symphony 12 night I believe was the transatlantic and I read here that there were hundred/thousands onboard- so you could see why they would be checking.

Our experience in the CL, is the concierge asks for your cabin number the first time they talk to you or see you in there.  In DL, usually at least the first night (or first time concierge sees you) they ask to see your card.  The idea you can bring in someone who isn't D just doesn't work with the number of people who should be in there legitimately.  Just think if every person brought one "friend".  Heck, or even half did.  There'd be no room for those that should be in there.   I hate when I go in and can't find a seat and I'd really be unhappy to know it's because some are bringing in people who haven't made D yet.

2 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Must be a new thing because they are checlking all cards on Serenade at the door this week.

Unrelated question to you. How was your debarkation in Ft Lauderdale time wise? We are cruising on Serenade in Jan and couldn't book anything except a 10:30 flight. We could drive home to Clearwater, but sure don't want to. Can't really do walk off either with elderly parent

Thanks

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

It's common for us to see cards checked on the first night, but not so much on subsequent nights.

Mariner repo had staff stationed on elevators of VCL the entire cruise.  

President Cruise had staff at all the venues on Deck 4.

Not uncommon to see staff at Blaze on Oasis when they use it as overflow

Related question if ok to ask:  We are about to become Diamond level and I've seen mixed answers on the benefits, particularly the drinks.  Which is correct:  (1) Each Diamond member (DW and I) get three free drinks per day loaded on their individual cards to be used anytime during the day  AND (2) each Diamond member can go to the Diamond Lounge for free drinks during the "Happy Hour as well.  OR (A) Each Diamond Member gets three drinks loaded on their individual cards but they must be "purchased" in the Diamond Lounge during the "Happy Hour"?  Thanks for any help you can give us!

1 minute ago, CruisingMacs said:

Related question if ok to ask:  We are about to become Diamond level and I've seen mixed answers on the benefits, particularly the drinks.  Which is correct:  (1) Each Diamond member (DW and I) get three free drinks per day loaded on their individual cards to be used anytime during the day  AND (2) each Diamond member can go to the Diamond Lounge for free drinks during the "Happy Hour as well.  OR (A) Each Diamond Member gets three drinks loaded on their individual cards but they must be "purchased" in the Diamond Lounge during the "Happy Hour"?  Thanks for any help you can give us!

Unlimited drinks in the lounge during the happy hour.  Three drink vouchers each evening to be used at any bar, but only during the same period as the happy hour in the lounge.

3 minutes ago, CruisingMacs said:

Each Diamond member gets 3 free drinks per day but they are only usable during the nightly Diamond Lounge hours, not all day. They can be used at almost any bar and are in addition to the unlimited drinks available in the Diamond Lounge.

49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not uncommon to see staff at Blaze on Oasis when they use it as overflow

There is no key card access to closed door on Blaze during D overflow cocktail hour.  From what I noticed, they would  have no choice but to stand "gate guard" at the door or check when they came in?

3 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Each Diamond member gets 3 free drinks per day but they are only usable during the nightly Diamond Lounge hours, not all day. They can be used at almost any bar and are in addition to the unlimited drinks available in the Diamond Lounge.

THANK YOU!  This is really helpful!  

14 minutes ago, CruisingMacs said:

Actually none of that is true, and I would love to know where you "saw" these answers.  Or perhaps there was just a misunderstanding about what you read.

This is the Diamond benefit:

Each evening, (except on Majesty & Empress), the Diamond Lounge hosts "happy hours" of 3 1/2 hours, either 4:30 to 8 or 5 to 8:30, to coincide with the traditional, fixed dining times.  During that period of time, anyone who has D, D+ or PC status in C&A may be in the Diamond Lounge and drink as many drinks as s/he wishes.  Also during that period of time, there are three vouchers loaded on the Diamond member's SeaPass card that are honored at (almost) any bar on the ship, for the same drinks that are available in the DL.  The drinks in the Lounge are unlimited.  The drinks at outside bars are limited to three per evening event.

(Empress & Majesty still have the vouchers, but no dedicated Lounge.  Majesty uses the Viking Crown Lounge for the evening happy hours; Empress does not)