Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Explain your bid, from what to what and how much did you bid?

Went from Junior suite to Sky loft suite for 1500.00 per person.  Its a 12 day trip.  To book it as  pay to upgrade we would have paid $10,000.00.  Not even close to worth it.  We got a great price when we booked way back.  I was able to slap down 2000.00 from our visa points and Its our 30 anniversary so it was easy for me to bid the max.  It was accepted 2 days after I put in the bid, I believe November 30thish

2 hours ago, fridaythe13th said:

Not many cabins left but it's always fun bidding!  I haven't received an email for our 1/20/19 cruise. I'm not worried about that one because we have a great balcony next to my sister and BIL.

I got one for my 1/5, 1/20, and 2/4 cruise.  Nothing yet for our mutual 2/24 cruise.  Though seems odd to keep getting "reminders" to bid for the cruises that have shown sold out cabins above mine for a long time now.  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I got one for my 1/5, 1/20, and 2/4 cruise.  Nothing yet for our mutual 2/24 cruise.  Though seems odd to keep getting "reminders" to bid for the cruises that have shown sold out cabins above mine for a long time now.  

Our cruise was completely sold out when my bid was accepted a month well in advance of the cruise.  Dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Went from Junior suite to Sky loft suite for 1500.00 per person.  Its a 12 day trip.  To book it as  pay to upgrade we would have paid $10,000.00.  Not even close to worth it.  We got a great price when we booked way back.  I was able to slap down 2000.00 from our visa points and Its our 30 anniversary so it was easy for me to bid the max.  It was accepted 2 days after I put in the bid, I believe November 30thish

So you paid $3000 rather then $10000........that was a good deal then for sure.

40 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Our cruise was completely sold out when my bid was accepted a month well in advance of the cruise.  Dan

Typical of RCI to hold out cabins they show sold out...when they really are not. 

Oh the games they play.  😉 

There is another web site that shows actual cabins, but for my cruises...they are also showing sold out above my cabin cat.  

I can honestly say I have no idea what they are thinking or how their system works.  I was very surprised to get the "Congratulations your bid has been accepted" email.  My only guess is there was a cancellation of some kind.  Obviously that opened up my initially booked room for somebody else that was probably bidding in a lower category.  I don't think any of us will ever know.  Dan

33 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

I can honestly say I have no idea what they are thinking or how their system works.  I was very surprised to get the "Congratulations your bid has been accepted" email.  My only guess is there was a cancellation of some kind.  Obviously that opened up my initially booked room for somebody else that was probably bidding in a lower category.  I don't think any of us will ever know.  Dan

Agree totally.  Even when the sweet upgrade fairy would grant those freebie upgrades...there was no rhyme or reason to her actions.  Pretty much a dart board, with a fairy that has had too many Margaritas I think.  😉 🍹

We are 4 days out!

Just got the "Congratulations,"

Your RoyalUp bid for a stateroom upgrade has been accepted.

I went from a "Superior Oceanview Balcony" on the Navigator New Year's cruise, to a Junior Suite.

We have 4 of us in the cabin. So, the extra 100sq/ft + the Extra 23sq/ft on the balcony are going to be GREATLY appreciated.

8 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

We are 4 days out!

I went from a "Superior Oceanview Balcony" on the Navigator New Year's cruise, to a Junior Suite.

We have 4 of us in the cabin. So, the extra 100sq/ft + the Extra 23sq/ft on the balcony are going to be GREATLY appreciated.

If you don't mind, what was the upgrade cost?  Definitely worth having the extra space in a JS, including bathroom and closet, for 4 people.

9 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

We are 4 days out!

Terrific - I thought  notice was  24 hours in advance - but I see you have a few days notice.  The extra space will be wonderful for 4 and many of the JS have a walk in closet that can be used as a dressing room if necessary. 

have fun!  We've done many NYE cruises and really enjoyed them. 

M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you don't mind, what was the upgrade cost?  Definitely worth having the extra space in a JS, including bathroom and closet, for 4 people.

Not a problem.

It had given me the options to bid on, Junior Suite, Panoramic Suite (No Balcony), Owners Suite and Grand suite. 

I bid pretty low on the "Range" for the Owners and Grand suites.

But, I sort've was hoping to get the Panoramic suite. I had bid about $250/each. 

I raised my Junior Suite bid up from $100/person up to $150/person on December 24th.

So, it only ended up costing me $300. 

I thought for the space that for the extra 100 square ft above our spacious ocean view balcony, it was well worth it for 5 nights.

10 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

Not a problem.

It had given me the options to bid on, Junior Suite, Panoramic Suite (No Balcony), Owners Suite and Grand suite. 

But, I sort've was hoping to get the Panoramic suite. I had bid about $250/each. 

I raised my Junior Suite bid up from $100/person up to $150/person on December 24th.

I thought for the space that for the extra 100 square ft above our spacious ocean view balcony, it was well worth it for 5 nights.

You probably never really had a chance at the Panoramic Suite since there are only 2 of them that were almost certainly already booked.  Junior Suites are much more plentiful, giving you the best chances.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Terrific - I thought  notice was  24 hours in advance - but I see you have a few days notice.  The extra space will be wonderful for 4 and many of the JS have a walk in closet that can be used as a dressing room if necessary. 

have fun!  We've done many NYE cruises and really enjoyed them. 

M

It is actually posted that you will be notified of your upgrade up UNTIL 24 hours in advance.  Some have received them more than a month out.  

As a reminder, each bid is considered its own offer and reviewed independently of one another. Only 1 of your bids can be accepted and acceptance is based on availability. 

Stay tuned for an email at least 24 hours before your sailing to see if you've been upgraded.   

We can't wait to see you onboard.

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by island lady

14 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

You probably never really had a chance at the Panoramic Suite since there are only 2 of them that were almost certainly already booked.  Junior Suites are much more plentiful, giving you the best chances.

I had actually spoke directly to Club Royale regarding this program.

She confirmed that at the time that I received the "Royal Up" offer, that the entire cruise ship was 100% booked, with absolutely no cabins available anymore.

This is a program that will automatically fill any cabin, if one becomes available due to cancellation, etc... with the highest bidder. So, I thought that I might as well bid on all of them, that I have the opportunity to. My thought was, that an older couple that normally rent the nicer suites could have to cancel last minute for a health issue. 

1 hour ago, FireEMT978 said:

Not a problem.

Sounds like a great deal.  Congrats.

I am 24 days from my sailing date. I got this email about an hour ago. I previously had corner aft, 1400. It was a very nice room, but I think we will like the Panoramic Suite better. We lose our balcony, but gain a half bath, a fantastic view, and oodles more space. I am cruising with DH and DD-11. With more than 2, it is nice to have space to spread out. I bid only slightly above the minimum bid available.

I also bidded close to the minimum bid for the Grand Suite. My bids were $760 total for the Grand Suite and $350 total for the Panoramic Suite. I received 2 emails. The first time I got the email on 11/28, the minimum bids were much higher. When I received the second email 3 days ago, I checked and the minimum bids dropped a good bit and I decided to give it a try. My parents are on the same sailing. They bid on the Owner’s Suite and the Grand Suite. Hopefully they will hear soon! 

A0237A98-6454-48EC-8DF3-AFAB86927B98.jpeg

Edited by khm1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, khm1 said:

I am 24 days from my sailing date. I got this email about an hour ago. I previously had corner aft, 1400. It was a very nice room, but I think we will like the Panoramic Suite better. We lose our balcony, but gain a half bath, a fantastic view, and oodles more space. I am cruising with DH and DD-11. With more than 2, it is nice to have space to spread out. I bid only slightly above the minimum bid available.

I also bidded close to the minimum bid for the Grand Suite. My bids were $760 total for the Grand Suite and $350 total for the Panoramic Suite. I received 2 emails. The first time I got the email on 11/28, the minimum bids were much higher. When I received the second email 3 days ago, I checked and the minimum bids dropped a good bit and I decided to give it a try. My parents are on the same sailing. They bid on the Owner’s Suite and the Grand Suite. Hopefully they will hear soon! 

A0237A98-6454-48EC-8DF3-AFAB86927B98.jpeg

You will love this room...we just had this room on FOS the beginning of December!!!! Congrats!

• Like 1