Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

I'm just curious if the RoyalUp emails only go to people that book straight through RCCL's website or if they go out to people that used Travel Agents and Cruise Brokers as well?  I booked through Cruise Quick and I'm putting 2+2 together and realizing that most people on my date of sailing that are getting the emails right now all booked through RCCL's site.

I'm hoping I will get an email as well.

Just received our first "Royal Up" offer for a 3-night Enchantment sailing in March. Since we're already in a JS, and upgrading won't earn us any more points, we put in a lowball bid for a GS. It will be interesting to see what happens, considering I checked their website as soon as I received the offer email, and all of the suites show as sold out.:classic_wink:

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, Slickdaddy96 said:

I'm just curious if the RoyalUp emails only go to people that book straight through RCCL's website or if they go out to people that used Travel Agents and Cruise Brokers as well?  I booked through Cruise Quick and I'm putting 2+2 together and realizing that most people on my date of sailing that are getting the emails right now all booked through RCCL's site.

I'm hoping I will get an email as well.

I booked thru a travel agt and just got an email this morning from Royal to bid

25 minutes ago, di T said:

Our bid was accepted so for $60 in total we move from inside to spacious OV for our 14 nt TA happy! Dianne

Will you be willing to share where your bid was on the “poor, fair” meter?  Just trying to get a feel if “overbidding” doesn’t work.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Just received our first "Royal Up" offer for a 3-night Enchantment sailing in March. Since we're already in a JS, and upgrading won't earn us any more points, we put in a lowball bid for a GS. It will be interesting to see what happens, considering I checked their website as soon as I received the offer email, and all of the suites show as sold out.:classic_wink:

Of course, Royal up bids never provide additional points. If you were in a balcony and did the Royal upgrade to a full suite, you would stilll receive single points.     Enjoy your cabin and good luck on the bid. 

M

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Overbidding would be more than the list price - other than ignorance, no one would/should ever bid that.

Sometimes it is hard to determine list price.  I know I just received an email to bid but if you go to the website to view, the categories are sold out.  Unless I'm missing another way to check for price.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Of course, Royal up bids never provide additional points. If you were in a balcony and did the Royal upgrade to a full suite, you would stilll receive single points.     Enjoy your cabin and good luck on the bid. 

M

A JS already gets double points, so no difference to us either way. 

41 minutes ago, tcneal said:

Sometimes it is hard to determine list price.  I know I just received an email to bid but if you go to the website to view, the categories are sold out.  Unless I'm missing another way to check for price.

If you call RCI can give you the last price that cabin category sold for, some web sites may have historical data and lastly you can approximate the price by looking at the same itinerary at another similar demand time when inventory is available.

1 hour ago, tcneal said:

There are websites that will show you the last published price for a category even after the cruise line marks a category sold out. In the case of our enchantment cruise, a GS last sold at $1,199pp (w/o taxes and fees), and a JS sold at $1099pp. When we booked our JS, our total cost was ~$1,500 including taxes, fees, and insurance. So the minimum bid of $150pp that we put in for a GS is still less than what a JS would go for today.

• Like 1

OK we paid $1400 (including taxes/port fees) for two for a balcony guarantee for 5-night Indy cruise.   Got assigned 9242 2 weeks after reserving so no upgrade there.  Since then got two Royal Up email offers.  The second time I offered $300 total ($150 each) for a Junior Suite upgrade.  I JUST received an email tonight saying our offer was not accepted.

1 hour ago, FrannyK said:

OK we paid $1400 (including taxes/port fees) for two for a balcony guarantee for 5-night Indy cruise.   Got assigned 9242 2 weeks after reserving so no upgrade there.  Since then got two Royal Up email offers.  The second time I offered $300 total ($150 each) for a Junior Suite upgrade.  I JUST received an email tonight saying our offer was not accepted.

When do you sail?  Just wondering how much notice that the offer was not accepted.

3 hours ago, roswellcruiser1 said:

Jewel of the Seas March 29, 2019  14 Night Transatlantic Cruise

Solo Studio Interior to Unobstructed View Balcony Cabin 

Bid $250 total, minimum bid

Originally paid $780  Total after RoyalUp bid $1,030

I am very pleased with the price and the cabin.  

I'm on this sailing too, would love to get this deal. Ugh, wish I could understand how they pick who gets the email.

34 minutes ago, Waves2land said:

If they only give you a small notice, what happens to your internet and beverage package if you get moved to a suite?  Dont those have to be canceled 3 days before sail date?

You might be able to call to cancel pre cruise - otherwise you can cancel on board but only for OBC. I think most winning bids have come more than 3 days out.