Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

5 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I would hope they notify those who get an upgrade at least enough in advance so  when they drop off their luggage they have the correct stateroom numbers on their tags. 

No much different than a GTY booking, the porters will have your cabin number and put a new tag on if needed. 

Moral of the story, check your e-mail the day before sailing for the bid decline message.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No much different than a GTY booking, the porters will have your cabin number and put a new tag on if needed. 

Moral of the story, check your e-mail the day before sailing for the bid decline message.

Never knew the porters had a list of passengers and stateroom numbers.  Good to know.

4 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Never knew the porters had a list of passengers and stateroom numbers.  Good to know.

Same with the security people that let you into the terminal.  They also need a manifest for those guests that do not complete the online check-in.

21 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I would hope they notify those who get an upgrade at least enough in advance so  when they drop off their luggage they have the correct stateroom numbers on their tags. 

The 48 hour statement sounds like a little close to me.

Could be a problem for those who may not have access to their emails for a few days before sail date..

Murphy's Luggage Law.

We got notified while we were travelling so did not get a chance to reprint our tags. The porter didn’t look at a list (not sure if he had one) we just told him our room number. When we got to our room though, the envelopes had the wrong names. I still opened the envelope and our correct seapass cards were in it. In the room, one page also had the wrong name on it. 

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Do you recall if your second solicitation had different minimum bids than the first?

Bob - we have already received a few second offers.   For one cruise we are in a balcony and the offers started at JS and went up.  ( Mariner in late February)  The second solicitation started at GS. I don't recall  if the  bids changed for the full suites. 

We have also received second solicitations for all three of our  upcoming January B2B2B on Enchantment.  Sorry - I do not recall any differences  in the first  and second  solicitation.  I was not interested in any upgrades so I never looked at the offers.   We are in an aft JS for two of the legs and don't want an upgrade from that cabin.    Further, not worth it for us ( we get many of the perks) especially  on Enchantment.

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Bob - we have already received a few second offers.   For one cruise we are in a balcony and the offers started at JS and went up.  ( Mariner in late February)  The second solicitation started at GS. I don't recall  if the  bids changed for the full suites. 

We have also received second solicitations for all three of our  upcoming January B2B2B on Enchantment.  Sorry - I do not recall any differences  in the first  and second  solicitation.  I was not interested in any upgrades so I never looked at the offers.   We are in an aft JS for two of the legs and don't want an upgrade from that cabin.    Further, not worth it for us ( we get many of the perks) especially  on Enchantment.

Thanks Marci.  Just curious about how much of these offers are real offers vs market research data gathering.

22 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Same with the security people that let you into the terminal.  They also need a manifest for those guests that do not complete the online check-in.

All well and good however if you arrive at the terminal with luggage that has the wrong stateroom number on it and you didn't, for any number of reasons, see a Royal Up confirmation your bags WILL go to the wrong room.

This will be remedied without too much hassle but still will be a hassle.

Just saying that Royal should have a better more reasonable cut off date for the bid program than the stated 48 hours.

I am sure that by the time the cruise is seven days off they have milked the most out of the bid system and shouldn't expect to get any last minute mega bids.

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

All well and good however if you arrive at the terminal with luggage that has the wrong stateroom number on it and you didn't, for any number of reasons, see a Royal Up confirmation your bags WILL go to the wrong room.

This will be remedied without too much hassle but still will be a hassle.

Just saying that Royal should have a better more reasonable cut off date for the bid program than the stated 48 hours.

I am sure that by the time the cruise is seven days off they have milked the most out of the bid system and shouldn't expect to get any last minute mega bids.

I’m sure they are still trying to sell cabins on the website within the last few days.  On our cruise leaving this Sunday they added a Star Loft suite to the website two weeks ago and it was available for sale until 6 or 7 days from sailing.  It’s not just about whether people are still bidding, it’s how many cabins they are still able to sell at full price on the website before they start accepting the bids as in most cases the bids (original purchase price plus bid) is less than the current website price. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Still miffed that we're not getting any offers

Strange - we received  7 offers for 7 upcoming cruises. 

We received an offer and follow up offer for a recent Oasis  cruise ( cruise now completed) and offers (and some follow up offers) for 4 Enchantment cruises  in January/February,  one Mariner cruise in February and one Symphony cruise  in March.   

One Enchantment offer  seemed like a good price, but we didn't bother to bid.  The worst offer was $150 PP  to upgrade FOR A TWO NIGHT CRUISE from a balcony to a JS.

I think Bob is on to something with his comment about gathering data.  I am interested in what benefits   upgraded  (full) suites really get.

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We received an offer and follow up offer for a recent Oasis  cruise ( cruise now completed) and offers (and some follow up offers) for 4 Enchantment cruises  in January/February,  one Mariner cruise in February and one Symphony cruise  in March.   

One Enchantment offer  seemed like a good price, but we didn't bother to bid.  The worst offer was $150 PP  to upgrade FOR A TWO NIGHT CRUISE from a balcony to a JS.

I think Bob is on to something with his comment about gathering data.  I am interested in what benefits   upgraded  (full) suites really get.

M, We will be on Anthem for the 12 day 1/6 cruise.  We upgraded to Sky loft suite.  I will report back with details when we get back.  Dan

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Rhapsody December JS

Oasis and Adventure January Inside

Oasis February JS

Serenade April Balcony

Nada

Edited by John&LaLa

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Rhapsody December JS

Oasis and Adventure January Inside

Oasis February JS

Serenade April Balcony

Nada

Makes me wonder if this is typical Royal IT incompetence (although they've outsourced) or if they have evil geniuses running this program.  Since you often travel in a JS John, they may rather "hook" others with an upgrade.  They often get you for full price anyway (even though you're a savvy shopper). 

Maybe, just maybe, they've linked CC screen names to C&A profiles and are choosing who to send emails to based on CC postings.  Gotta go...I think I hear black helicopters outside my house. 😱:classic_ninja:

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Haha 2