Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

4 hours ago, RadioPeri said:

They're making a hard push for my upcoming sailing (Adventure, 1/5/19). I just got a second email reminding me that "there's still time to participate" in this "exclusive offer." 

We're in an aft balcony, so I have zero desire to "upgrade," but here's what they're pitching:

Royal Suite from $900 pp

Owner's Suite from $500 pp

Grand Suite from $400 pp

Junior Suite from $300 pp

Panoramic Suite from $200 pp

Just me, but I'd jump all over that Panoramic suite

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just me, but I'd jump all over that Panoramic suite

Did you happen to look at the pricing for them on the Mariner sailings that were just released?  You will be very glad you booked one when you did

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Did you happen to look at the pricing for them on the Mariner sailings that were just released?  You will be very glad you booked one when you did

Yep, I got lucky.  We did sail in one of the old Family OV's on Mariner 10 years ago.  Deck 8 forward.  

3 hours ago, louv2000 said:

I got an upgrade!  paid $630 U.S. (for the 2 of us) to get a 1 bedroom Aqua suite (upgraded from a grand suite on 9) Not sure if that's a deal or not--but I'm pretty happy!

I’d say you did well. The 1 BDR ATS is usually priced more than a CLS and marginally more than an OS if it remember correctly.  

2 hours ago, louv2000 said:

whew! ya never know.  Thanks.  Going to surprise my husband.  He's a flowrider junkie and will be thrilled with the close proximity.  And I'll get my exercise from walking that long hall all day 🙂

As an aside---I bid on this suite and a crown loft suite.  I bid the same amount for both and actually modified the aqua suite bid a few days ago---LOWERING it! 

Even better with the price drop. Congrats. 

Just now, topnole said:

What deck are you on?  I’ve had deck 11 on oasis and loved that cabin.  The balcony is enormous.  Deck 14 however is a much smaller balcony so deck 11 and 12 are preferred.  

deck 14 on Harmony.  I checked out the video and looks fine--over 600 sq feet.!

We are leaving on HOTS in 1 week. We’re in a 1c hump balcony on deck 8. 4 of us in the room. 2 kids. I have received this email twice. Missing are grand suite for 700 pp and junior for $300 pp. not worth it to me. Plus we have 2 other families 2 cabins down from us. We paid 3100 for the 4 of us.

D9330B22-B648-4BAC-BC1F-BDC8DA1B9E4E.jpeg

Edited by andertim1
Spelling

I got the offer for my 12/17 Enchantment 4 day cruise (Spacious OV Balcony - 3B) and the minimum bids are:

JS: $200

GS: $250

RS: $800

When searching for rooms, only the JS is showing as available at this time. Not bidding as we have added on an extra night in Orlando so we can go to Universal Studios before heading back home. 

For 2 adults and a 12 year old (Kids Sail Free), we paid about $1800 after pre-paid gratuities, taxes, and fees. An additional $500 minimum bid (plus taxes, fees, additional gratuities) for a GS with no benefits just doesn't seem worth it to me.

24 minutes ago, rcc4au said:

I got the offer for my 12/17 Enchantment 4 day cruise (Spacious OV Balcony - 3B) and the minimum bids are:

When searching for rooms, only the JS is showing as available at this time. Not bidding as we have added on an extra night in Orlando so we can go to Universal Studios before heading back home. 

For 2 adults and a 12 year old (Kids Sail Free), we paid about $1800 after pre-paid gratuities, taxes, and fees. An additional $500 minimum bid (plus taxes, fees, additional gratuities) for a GS with no benefits just doesn't seem worth it to me.

That JS upgrade price is way too high for us for a 4-day cruise.

1 hour ago, rcc4au said:

No additional taxes added.  

I'm not a fan of shoehorning extra people into a std cabin.  The JS has some value

Received the offer for our Liberty Jan 6th, OS-$450, GS-$350 a couple others and the Panoramic Suite was only $199.  I did minimums on the OS and GS knowing our ships suites are sold out so not much of a chance, I just wanted to see the process plus I have cabin #7408 corner balcony for the 1st time and really don't want to lose it. If im upgraded, great, but i'm sure ill be stuck in my huge corner balcony 🙂

I was going to bid on the Panoramic Suite but I wasn't sure if they got the full suite benefits.   Anyone know?

On 12/6/2018 at 1:11 PM, louv2000 said:

I got an upgrade!  paid $630 U.S. (for the 2 of us) to get a 1 bedroom Aqua suite (upgraded from a grand suite on 9) Not sure if that's a deal or not--but I'm pretty happy!

Congrats!

The 1Bdrm is still Sky class yes?  Also do you know if it was showing available when you booked, or if there were any suites available?  

We get on Harmony as you get off. Hope you have a great cruise.