Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

OK, so long as we know. Thanks!

I really didn't expect any less.  Depending on the question, making responses public could reduce participation. 

In this poll, I doubt it would matter

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I really didn't expect any less.  Depending on the question, making responses public could reduce participation. 

In this poll, I doubt it would matter

I agree so long as the participants that take part are aware. However it appears even though it is not public it is not anonymous either so it would certainly factor into my decision. 

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I agree so long as the participants that take part are aware. However it appears even though it is not public it is not anonymous either so it would certainly factor into my decision. 

🤔 this one's not anonymous?

Edited by John&LaLa

I just received my upgrade e-mail.  I am in an aft JS on Enchantment, leaving Monday.   I pushed the button last night, with a bid of $275.00 pp, but then I saw the location of the GS's.  I prefer the aft, so I went in this morning, cancelled that bid, and replaced it at $150.00 pp, the lowest bid offered.  I may never get this close to getting a real suite ever again, so I figured, what the heck.  If I get it, it will be something special, if I don't, I am perfectly happy where I am.

They're making a hard push for my upcoming sailing (Adventure, 1/5/19). I just got a second email reminding me that "there's still time to participate" in this "exclusive offer." 

We're in an aft balcony, so I have zero desire to "upgrade," but here's what they're pitching:

Royal Suite from $900 pp

Owner's Suite from $500 pp

Grand Suite from $400 pp

Junior Suite from $300 pp

Panoramic Suite from $200 pp

Edited by RadioPeri

8 minutes ago, RadioPeri said:

They're making a hard push for my upcoming sailing (Adventure, 1/5/19). I just got a second email reminding me that "there's still time to participate" in this "exclusive offer." 

We're in an aft balcony, so I have zero desire to "upgrade," but here's what they're pitching:

Royal Suite from $900 pp

Owner's Suite from $500 pp

Grand Suite from $400 pp

Junior Suite from $300 pp

Panoramic Suite from $200 pp

That upgrade price for a JS would be too high for us.   However, I am curious as to the difference between what you paid and the current price of a JS.

3 minutes ago, RadioPeri said:

No suites and no balconies, so I'm not sure exactly what's going on with this "offer" to upgrade!

I do know that what is seen as unavailable on the website sometimes is not accurate.  However, I also suspect that this upgrade thing has some market research goals too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RadioPeri said:

No suites and no balconies, so I'm not sure exactly what's going on with this "offer" to upgrade!

facebook.png

There have been lots of folks getting offers for sailings and/or cabin categories that are sold out.  Interesting to see offers for the Panoramic suites as well.  There are only 2 of them on each ship and I'm pretty sure they are just about always full unless someone cancels at the last minute

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

There have been lots of folks getting offers for sailings and/or cabin categories that are sold out.  Interesting to see offers for the Panoramic suites as well.  There are only 2 of them on each ship and I'm pretty sure they are just about always full unless someone cancels at the last minute

Something strange is happening with the panoramic suites, not just on RCCL, but other the equivalent cabins on other lines also. They show booked for a year ahead of the cruise and then a month or two out become available. I have seen it on many cruises over the last year that I monitor. Anyone know why? Do TA's or something book and hold them? 

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Something strange is happening with the panoramic suites, not just on RCCL, but other the equivalent cabins on other lines also. They show booked for a year ahead of the cruise and then a month or two out become available. I have seen it on many cruises over the last year that I monitor. Anyone know why? Do TA's or something book and hold them? 

Don't know about that but I noticed with the new releases for the NV and MA that the prices are now way up on them since they are officially getting suite benefits

28 minutes ago, louv2000 said:

I got an upgrade!  paid $630 U.S. (for the 2 of us) to get a 1 bedroom Aqua suite (upgraded from a grand suite on 9) Not sure if that's a deal or not--but I'm pretty happy!

That sounds like a good deal to me  Congrats!!

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That sounds like a good deal to me  Congrats!!

whew! ya never know.  Thanks.  Going to surprise my husband.  He's a flowrider junkie and will be thrilled with the close proximity.  And I'll get my exercise from walking that long hall all day :)

As an aside---I bid on this suite and a crown loft suite.  I bid the same amount for both and actually modified the aqua suite bid a few days ago---LOWERING it! 

Edited by louv2000
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, hellsop said:

Let's see how this goes...

Dec 29th sailing
Starting cabin OV(6N)
Bid range allowed:  $10-500pp JS, $10-800pp GS
Bid placed: $250pp JS, $255pp GS

Guess-o-meter rating: "Strong" and "Strong"

I looked at what I paid and compared it to what it would cost to upgrade.  I would bid up to about half of the difference in total.

Good luck!!