Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Folks have reported that the denial e-mail comes right about 24 hrs before the cruise - did you check junk folder?

I didn't!  I usually dump without looking. I just checked it and nothing there but I will in the future!  Thanks!

On 12/28/2018 at 12:16 PM, Lady Hudson said:

My sister bid on an upgrade and got it.  Total $370 for two - 12 day trip - smallest inside to a mid ship balcony on Anthem.  She and her husband are pleased.

THAT is a worthwhile deal!  Congrats to your sister!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 3:53 PM, savannahre said:

Navigator of the Seas 5 day cruise departing December 30
$200 total for two from smallest inside stateroom to midship ocean view balcony

Notice received four days before departure. 

another good deal!

I finally received my first offer, 30 days out, for the four-night 1/31/19 Brilliance sailing.  $30 pp minimum to upgrade from inside to OV, $50 to balcony, $150 to JS.  I offered a bit more than minimum for a balcony, don’t expect to get it, but fun to wait and see.  There seemed to be quite a few cabins left a few days ago, now there are only guarantees. Prices are way up from when I booked back in May 2018, so an upgrade at these prices would be quite a deal.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

2 hours ago, Canadian Scarlett said:

Just got our congratulations letter!  Adventure of the seas sailing February 2nd!  We went from an inside to a spacious ocean view balcony for a total of $400! Considering the awesome deal we got to begin with, we are thrilled!

Yay! I hope this bodes well for my 2/4 cruise on Indy! It would be nice to know either way! 

Just received my acceptance email. Went from inside to oceanview cabin on 7d sailing for vision 1/19 sailing. Total of $100 was accepted ($50 each). My sailing is in 16 days so you can get notified earlier. Location is right across hall from where our inside was. I did bid on balcony and junior suite with minimum. This one I also bid the lowest I could. 

13 hours ago, Mspanda said:

I was in a Junior Suite on the 3/4/19 Empress of the Sea sailing to Cuba.  I think I bid way to much at 700.00 pp.

Mind saying what minimum bids they listed for various suite categories?

We got one for our Symphony cruise on Mar 2 and the lowest bid was going to be $800. ($400 each) for an upgrade from an inside virtual balcony to an oceanview balcony so I didn't do it.  Last week went on to check prices and was able to upgrade to the oceanview balcony for $246 total.  Crazy !

Edited by Hopetotravel

4 minutes ago, Hopetotravel said:

We got one for our Symphony cruise on Mar 2 and the lowest bid was going to be $800. ($400 each) for an upgrade from an inside virtual balcony to an oceanview balcony so I didn't do it.  Last week on went on to check prices and was able to upgrade to the oceanview balcony for $246 total.  Crazy !

Good catch on your part.  Not sure that everyone thinks to check for themselves

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Just received my acceptance email. Went from inside to oceanview cabin on 7d sailing for vision 1/19 sailing. Total of $100 was accepted ($50 each). My sailing is in 16 days so you can get notified earlier. Location is right across hall from where our inside was. I did bid on balcony and junior suite with minimum. This one I also bid the lowest I could. 

That's a pretty good deal for a 7-night cruise.:classic_smile:

Received two emails from RCCL to Royal Up.  The first email I checked and to upgrade to a suite was $150 per person minimum (we are currently booked in a balcony) and I didn't do it because I wasn't sure how the whole thing worked.  After reading these boards I got my second email from RCCL and when I went to RoyalUP the minimum had increased to $250 per person so I didn't bother.

Yesterday I used the same link of the second email and saw the minimum bid for a suite was back down to $150 so I bid $300 total for two people.  Indy Feb 9 5-night sailing.  We will see.  

Thought it was interesting the minimums change depending on when you check.

Received an offer today for 2/23 sailing (just booked it 12/31):

Sky Loft: $750 pp

Owner's Suite: $550 pp

Grand Suite: $400 pp

Junior Suite: $250 pp

We booked using on online TA.  We won't be offering unless they drop the minimums some though, because part of why we booked it was the low price.  It's only showing GS as available right now - for $5k+ more than we paid for our balcony.

FYI.  Here are the current bids for Allure of the seas upcoming cruise.  Seem as though the price would be about 1/2 of what I would of paid if I booked them on the website.  That is of course if I get any of the bids accepted.  Either is fine with me!

194A00AF-3605-4477-A6B7-C2EFD95E646B.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 7:09 PM, Host Clarea said:

Would be nice if you could add a line for if their offers were accepted and how close to sail date they were notified (within a week, within 48 hours). Just because I'm just curious like that.  :)

So I see there are some people who "win" their bid.  It would be nice to know where they placed their bid Low, Fair, high.  Just guessing but it seems odd that many who put the lowest bid in won.  So is it the lowest are winning or are people putting in Fair bids and not winning??

We really wouldn't mind an upgrade, but I don't want to "outbid" ourselves by going higher than min. if it isn't necessary, but we don't mind the cost of putting in a little higher than min.

Is there another poll of what bid was accepted at what level?

• Like 1