Kobe beef meat loaf on the menu tonight

pdobrynski

We are currently on the Reflection and according to the Celebrity app they will be offering Kobe beef meat loaf in the main dining room tonight.  I remember when they were going to serve Kobe Beef hamburgers in the Mast grill and have a cover charge.  

LOL, no such thing as Kobe beef meatloaf. If they are not charging a supplement of at least $25/ounce it is NOT Kobe beef. Kobe beef is extremely rare and prohibitively expensive and NEVER used in the form of meatloaf/sliders/meatballs etc. Just a marketing scam. In the US restaurants have been successfully sued for falsely using the term Kobe beef; complete false advertising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gonzo70 said:

LOL, no such thing as Kobe beef meatloaf. If they are not charging a supplement of at least $25/ounce it is NOT Kobe beef. Kobe beef is extremely rare and prohibitively expensive and NEVER used in the form of meatloaf/sliders/meatballs etc. Just a marketing scam. In the US restaurants have been successfully sued for falsely using the term Kobe beef; complete false advertising.

For years my husband and I have laughed about the "California Blue Crab Bisque" on Celebrity menus. California doesn't have blue crabs, in fact, I pay a small fortune to ship blue crabs out here for my husband for his birthday. I don't see it on the newer menus so maybe they learned.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

For years my husband and I have laughed about the "California Blue Crab Bisque" on Celebrity menus. California doesn't have blue crabs, in fact, I pay a small fortune to ship blue crabs out here for my husband for his birthday. I don't see it on the newer menus so maybe they learned.

Wow, have noticed a lot of fake menu descriptions on Celebrity, but somehow missed that one. Funny they accidentally did California instead of Maryland. In addition to Kobe beef (they are really just serving US mystery meat  of a vastly inferior grade than Kobe) they have quite a few luxury items listed on their menus that are really much cheaper substitutes, i.e. the "Dover Sole" at Murano that is really flounder. My favorite was the up-charge omelette with "Ossetra caviar"  I ordered of the room service menu once cruise; what I received was tobiko; both fish eggs, but tobiko not only is a very different color than Ossetra caviar, it also retails for about 1% the cost. I really wish Celebrity would just call menu items what they are, rather than attempting to create an illusion of serving highly coveted luxury items under the guise of false advertising.  They do a really good job quality wise (and variety wise) considering their food budget and the restrictions associated with being at sea and having so many mouths to feed; they should be proud of that rather than pretending to be something they are not.

1 minute ago, Gonzo70 said:

Wow, have noticed a lot of fake menu descriptions on Celebrity, but somehow missed that one. Funny they accidentally did California instead of Maryland. 

I don't know about "accidentally." We saw it on several menus over the years.

Lol, hilarious !!!

Anyone who knows food would know that any chef anywhere would not Kobe or Wagyu beef to make a meatloaf.

The proper way to prepare Kobe beef is to lightly grill it or a nice tartare, never should you over cook it, the fat in the meat gives it a unique flavor.

If you see this on the menu I would avoid it, lol.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

It has been a number of years. They served Kobe beef meatloaf in Blu. It looked like those small high end wet cat food in a round tin. It was just horrible. I did not finish it. I wish I had a photo.

They might have called it Kobe beef but it certainly was not Kobe beef (or even anything faintly reminiscent of Kobe beef). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pdobrynski said:

We are currently on the Reflection and according to the Celebrity app they will be offering Kobe beef meat loaf in the main dining room tonight.  I remember when they were going to serve Kobe Beef hamburgers in the Mast grill and have a cover charge.  

Did you order the Kobe beef meatloaf? If so how was it? 

10 hours ago, pdobrynski said:

Did either of you try their Kobe meatloaf?  If so, how did you like it?  

I’m disappointed to see meatloaf on the menu at all - be it made of kobe, regular beef or turkey.

I grew up eating my share of meatloaf as a kid in the 50s and 60s and liked it fine; but I certainly wouldn’t choose it as a dinner item on a nice vacation cruise. 

8 minutes ago, Stumptowngal said:

I’m disappointed to see meatloaf on the menu at all - be it made of kobe, regular beef or turkey.

I grew up eating my share of meatloaf as a kid in the 50s and 60s and liked it fine; but I certainly wouldn’t choose it as a dinner item on a nice vacation cruise. 

Given all the other selections on the menu you shouldn't be disappointed with meatloaf being one on the menu you can choose from. 

30 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Did either of you try their Kobe meatloaf?  If so, how did you like it?  

Have you read the thread? Kobe beef meatloaf is as real as unicorns. It doesn’t exist. It is false advertising. They are serving meatloaf with generic US beef.  

I ordered it last week on the Reflection and it was 

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We were on Silhouette a week ago and that was on the menu.  Not even the legal disclaimer of Kobe “style” meatloaf!  My crazy husband ordered it.  Pretty dark and dense and dry.

I ordered it last week on Reflection. Three round slices that weren't dark but very dense and dry. At least the chefs are consistent in their preparation from ship to ship. :classic_dry: I had three bites and couldn't stomach anymore. Ordered a large Caesar salad instead.

1 hour ago, Gonzo70 said:

Have you read the thread? Kobe beef meatloaf is as real as unicorns. It doesn’t exist. It is false advertising. They are serving meatloaf with generic US beef.  

We're Americans.  We drink California Champagne.  We eat Wisconsin Cheddar cheese.  So what's the big deal with Celebrity Kobe beef? :classic_tongue:

21 minutes ago, vanman said:

I ordered it last week on the Reflection and it was 

I ordered it last week on Reflection. Three round slices that weren't dark but very dense and dry. At least the chefs are consistent in their preparation from ship to ship. :classic_dry: I had three bites and couldn't stomach anymore. Ordered a large Caesar salad instead.

Is it truly "Caesar" if it does not come from Rome? :classic_huh:

6 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

What makes you think it is US beef - they could easily have providers from other countries.

If you dig up the Kobe burger thread from a year or so ago, someone from Celebrity confirmed what they were calling Kobe beef burgers was actually an American Kobe Style Beef Blend (which is a fancy way of saying US mystery meat). Again, multiple US restaurants who pulled the stunt Celebrity is doing by misrepresenting Kobe beef were successfully sued (under the guise of false advertising). Really lame Celebroty keeps doing this; do they really think most cruisers are that easy to play like a fool? True Kobe beef averages $30 per/ounce and is NEVER used as burgers or meatloaf. 

19 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Is it truly "Caesar" if it does not come from Rome? :classic_huh:

Actually Caesar salad was first created in Mexico.  And yes, it can be Caesar salad if he does not come from Mexico.😇😇

Edited by jagoffee

9 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Lol, hilarious !!!

Anyone who knows food would know that any chef anywhere would not Kobe or Wagyu beef to make a meatloaf.

The proper way to prepare Kobe beef is to lightly grill it or a nice tartare, never should you over cook it, the fat in the meat gives it a unique flavor.

If you see this on the menu I would avoid it, lol.

Do you recommend the same approach to roast buckeyes?