Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

14 minutes ago, reecesavage said:

Are they still using magnetic stripes for drink purchases? Meaning if the stripe gets demagnetized you still need a new card?

Thanks.

No, they just hold the card against a pad. I think, they use RFID.

caribbean

42 minutes ago, JanBerlin said:

Far better than the old ones with the magnetic strip.

Thanks to you and

CHEZMARYLOU

for the info. That will help us make our decision. We are in no particular hurry to book, but I usually do book our cruises at least 12 months in advance to get exactly the cabin we want. I am also waiting for Princess Cruise to release their fall 2020 schedule. And of course we are considering ducking out of our typical Caribbean cruise for maybe a Bermuda on the Summit or a Mexico cruise...or......😎

1 hour ago, reecesavage said:

Are they still using magnetic stripes for drink purchases? Meaning if the stripe gets demagnetized you still need a new card?

Thanks.

The new cards do not have a magnetic strip but an imbedded chip so no more “de-magnitizing.” Otherwise they work just like they use to. 

Also, using the app on your phone to open your cabin door works well. 

5 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I don't think you can compare the Revolutionized Millennium and Summit to what Equinox will be like post Revolution.  Millennium and Summit dry docks were very extensive as far as redoing the cabins.  Equinox will be less so, especially in balcony cabins.  I'm sure there will be plenty of reviews of Equinox when it comes out of dry dock in June.  BTW, we are on Equinox later this year too.

MY thoughts exactly. I'm also booked on Equinox later this fall. 

NOw don't quote on this, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the only thing they are doing to S class cabins is cosmetic (carpet, colors, bedding, etc. ) and not tearing out the cabins like on the M class ships.  Anybody else recall reading or hearing this? If not, well, I'm wrong and dreaming. 

I thought  most of the Revolution updates on the S class are public spaces. 

Edited by ecslady

On 3/10/2019 at 12:37 PM, KRB_AMB said:

There is a cover on the balcony but only over the section where the hot tub is.  The rest is open.  We liked getting the sun on the veranda in the other sections but you are TOTALY exposed to the other decks above that look straight down to the veranda.

We are on the TA later this month in a RS.  Very unhappy that they removed the overhead tarps giving us privacy.  On a TA with lots of sea days, we wanted the larg(er) deck, but without others looking down at us and protection from the sun. What were they thinking (or not). We'll never book another RS.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/revolution/accommodations/

2 hours ago, ecslady said:

MY thoughts exactly. I'm also booked on Equinox later this fall. 

NOw don't quote on this, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the only thing they are doing to S class cabins is cosmetic (carpet, colors, bedding, etc. ) and not tearing out the cabins like on the M class ships.  Anybody else recall reading or hearing this? If not, well, I'm wrong and dreaming. 

I thought  most of the Revolution updates on the S class are public spaces. 

I can quote you as your are correct, that's what I remember also, they are not tearing out the cabins.  I think the suites will get more of a make over but otherwise it is cosmetic as well as adding the Retreat Sun Deck on 16. They are also adding the Reflection Suite and Signature Suites along side the Sky Lounge on deck 14 and adding some inside cabins in place of areas on decks 6 and up.  I think they are keeping the library though.

8 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I can quote you as your are correct, that's what I remember also, they are not tearing out the cabins.  I think the suites will get more of a make over but otherwise it is cosmetic as well as adding the Retreat Sun Deck on 16. They are also adding the Reflection Suite and Signature Suites along side the Sky Lounge on deck 14 and adding some inside cabins in place of areas on decks 6 and up.  I think they are keeping the library though.

No doubt they’ll have to make a few cutbacks to the original upgrading plans for S class to pay for all the extra new furniture replacements that are going on Edge  🤭. May be a good thing 😃.

2 hours ago, happycruisenut said:

Furniture replacements for the Edge already!??????

Why? What happened?  

They have made some changes in response to guest feedback. In the sky suites they added coffee tables in the living areas (there weren't any so not a replacement), removed the rockers that were too big (and it doesn't look like they are replacing) and replaced small balcony tables with good-sized tables. They have also replaced some bar stools that were not comfortable and didn't have foot rests.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

They have made some changes in response to guest feedback. In the sky suites they added coffee tables in the living areas (there weren't any so not a replacement), removed the rockers that were too big (and it doesn't look like they are replacing) and replaced small balcony tables with good-sized tables. They have also replaced some bar stools that were not comfortable and didn't have foot rests.

Who spec'd out the original decisions?  Just like some of the chairs in public areas look 'cool' but totally impractical and uncomfortable.  

Edited by Goldenco
typo

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Good to hear. Do you have any pictures of the new tables? 

Comfort and functionality are much more appreciated and enjoyed than fancy designer glitz!  Don’t they realize we cruise to relax and be comfortable.  I hope they can fix this mess.  I really like(d) Celebrity.  I will reserve judgement until my next cruise in 2/20.  

Really appreciate the the comments coming from the most recent cruisers.  Keep giving feedback to Celebrity about what is good and what is not so good and needs to be fixed.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We sailed on the Millennium 30 March Shanghai to Tokyo. I did a live blog here. It's not totally complete as I got a bad cold in the last week that turned into a chest infection (ie really tired) and the wireless failed me when it came to photo uploads in the last few days (ie really annoying). My travel blog which I'm updating now will have the full story. A few comments about the stateroom though.

• The cabin decor didn't make me go wow, but then neither did previous iterations. Over time, I quite liked the subtle tones and wasn't pining for the previous colour scheme.
  • The bigger bed is not a problem - I didn't think moving around it was any different to moving around the previous version. And it's bigger, always a good thing in my book.
  • The mattress and new quilt/doona are great and make for a good night's sleep; the pillows are too soft for my liking though but I always travel with a small chiropractic travel pillow.
  • We had plenty of storage room, including the wardrobe, and didn't use all the space available. The location of the wardrobe near the door is only (obviously) a problem if someone comes into the cabin or out of the bathroom while the other person has the wardrobe doors open, but in those circumstances you don't get banged in the head or anything like that. It's more like looks of shock on each other's faces and then the clash of doors is resolved. 
  • The new USB points and placement of the power points works really well. If you need to use an adapter though, the USB points in the bedside lamp is blocked. 
  • The bathroom is fine, again with plenty of storage. We did have a leak that made the carpet wet near the door in the second week, but that happened after we had a flood in the corridor when a pipe burst - eek! All good, and great response by Celebrity staff. And the shower was re-caulked when we point it out which seemed to deal with the problem. I would have like more room for my own toiletries in the shower - the large bottle of bath wash, shampoo and condition take up all the room - but I coped 🙂
  • The 'mini sofa' was good for storage of the stuff we used during the day; we have never used it much and we never get room service, so didn't miss the little table at all. And there is actually more space between the bed and the veranda door now. 
  • The chairs on the veranda are very comfortable but we didn't get to sit out there very often because it was too cold and/or windy.
  • The mini-bar is colder than before thank heavens.
  • The app worked really well for me and I found the info very useful and accurate. I used it often, including using it for unlocking the cabin door.
  • I like how the sea pass card isn't swiped anymore but rather placed against a card reader.
  • And staff were universally excellent everywhere on the ship.

That's about all I can remember for now. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Mazza, thanks again for your live posting, as well as the post-cruise updates. Hope you are feeling better. We also returned home with some sort of nasty virus.

I think it's worth mentioning that the points made about the cabin do not apply to all categories. For instance - our SS had no USB ports on the bedside lamps. (In fact, the level of the lamps - below the mattress top - made them entriely dysfuntional.)

We stored the phone below the nightstand to create room for incidentals.

Acquaintances in two different Aqua cabins were very unhappy with the longer bed combined with the television sticking out from the wall - making walking around the cabin not only tight, but potentially harmful - as evidenced by their shoulder bruises from the bumping into the corner of the TV.

Most of the seating in the Retreat Lounge is very uncomforatble and uninviting.

Although their were many things we liked about the updates, there are many that had us shaking our heads!

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, sippican said:

Acquaintances in two different Aqua cabins were very unhappy with the longer bed combined with the television sticking out from the wall - making walking around the cabin not only tight, but potentially harmful - as evidenced by their shoulder bruises from the bumping into the corner of the TV.

That's the way it was on the Edge too with the "Cashmere" beds.  Guess we'll just have to be more careful on all the revolutionized ships.  :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 8:57 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Kelly Hoppen strikes me as a form over function person.  She wants it to look good, but doesn't care if it's functional.  Good design is also functional.  She flunks by that criteria.  

First time on this Board.

Hello to my friend Linda:

While on the Edge with our friend Carolyn, we used similar words to "form over function.."  We used "theory and practice".  What sounds good in theory may not work in practice for many of the issues described here.  No shower curtains resulting in water on the floor, e.g.  After a few mentions of "this is a safety issue", that was fixed, as well as some other things.  Hopefully, Celebrity is listening as we are on a WB TA in Nov.

Happy Easter, Linda, and all

George

• Like 1

A few questions about Millie cabins:

1. I'm sure they can dock this ship on either side, but do they typically dock on the starboard side?

2. Did the canopies over the deck 6 suites survive the Revolution or do they still obstruct the downward view from the aft 2A balconies like cabin 7177.

3. I booked a 2020 cruise onboard in January of this year, so there's no final payment issue yet. Can I move to another cabin or class and retain my perks if this undisclosed canopy obstructed view is still an issue? I just learned about the canopies while further researching the cabin on CC.

Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, GoSpurs said:

A few questions about Millie cabins:

1. I'm sure they can dock this ship on either side, but do they typically dock on the starboard side?

2. Did the canopies over the deck 6 suites survive the Revolution or do they still obstruct the downward view from the aft 2A balconies like cabin 7177.

3. I booked a 2020 cruise onboard in January of this year, so there's no final payment issue yet. Can I move to another cabin or class and retain my perks if this undisclosed canopy obstructed view is still an issue? I just learned about the canopies while further researching the cabin on CC.

Thanks!!

image.png.e32a6a41666c6a9ed344b182478f9a36.png

We booked a Royal suite for the next cruise and came across this image; very unhappy about the removal of the canopies, both for privacy and sun protection resons.