Flying to the US from Barcelona after cruise

Has anyone recently flown from Barcelona after a cruise? There are limited flights coming back and the only nonstop one on Delta leaves at 10:30 in the morning. Is that possible to make from the port and not miss the flight? Thanks for any answers!

13 minutes ago, Sherman793 said:

Has anyone recently flown from Barcelona after a cruise? There are limited flights coming back and the only nonstop one on Delta leaves at 10:30 in the morning. Is that possible to make from the port and not miss the flight? Thanks for any answers!

Taxi takes about 25 minutes to get to the airport.

It depends what time the airline state you need to check in at the airport.

If it is 2 hours you are okay 3 hours and it will be very tight.

If you carry your own cases off you should be okay as long as the ship is not late docking at Barcelona.

We have sailed in and out of Barcelona about 10 times and our ship has always docked on time around 7am.

Edited by grapau27

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sherman793 said:

I caved and booked the 12:30 return flight. Really sad about it too because it is not a direct flight back. But first time in a strange port so I just wasn't sure.

You're going to be fine....a non-stop isn't ever even available for us...but it's been no big deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NavyCruiser said:

Stay in Barcelona a few days afterwards, then a few days in Paris or Amsterdam, then direct flight back to U.S.

I agree Barcelona is a fabulous city we stayed one night before and three lost, takes the stress away 

• Like 1

We ended a cruise in Barcelona in September.  Our air was booked through A2S and 10:30AM flights through Atlanta were the only 1 stop choices. We thought a flight at 10:30 would be cutting it very close so we decided to book the Royal Transport.  We figured if there were any hiccups, the logistics would be all Royal.

In the end, everything went perfectly and we were at the airport before 7:30 AM.  We probably would have been a few minutes earlier if we had taken a taxi but the price of the Royal Transport was worth the low stress experience.  I would definitely do it again.

Don't understand why people are so urgent about flying halfway around the world to wake up at 0-dark hundred, hurry up & get off the ship at 5am to get to the airport by 7am.  Why the stress?  Just book another night at destination port, sleep late, eat leisurely breakfast, & be the last one booted off the ship.  What?  hotel check-in not until 3pm...?

You will be glad you booked the later flight. I was there in October. We got to the airport quickly. We got checked in quickly. Then came a nightmare of going through Security. There were hundreds of people in line. 4 lines of Security people. Then came a very small space to show passports. Many many ppl in a tiny area with zero control (in spite of ropes off areas) to get to 4 ppl checking passports. People were shoving, missing flights It was awful. Stay a day or two in Barcelona if you can, it's gorgeous. Allow plenty of time for security. 

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

You're going to be fine....a non-stop isn't ever even available for us...but it's been no big deal.

I don't think that there is any such thing as a non-stop flight from California, to Florida, San Juan, Europe...It seems as though we always have to stop somewhere. I don't know if it is poor planning on my part, or just the way it is. :classic_biggrin:

We always fly Norwegian from  Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale after a cruise, also from London to Fort Lauderdale  on Norwegian  , And in April will be flying from Rome to Fort Lauderdale on Norwegian, and these are all non-stops

On 1/15/2019 at 4:44 PM, Sherman793 said:

Check if Norwegian Air has better times. 

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't think that there is any such thing as a non-stop flight from California, to Florida, San Juan, Europe...It seems as though we always have to stop somewhere. I don't know if it is poor planning on my part, or just the way it is. :classic_biggrin:

You must be looking at smaller airports, either in California or in Florida/Europe.  There are various nonstop flights, especially from LAX and SFO, to major cities and/or airline hubs in both Florida and Europe.