Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

Just now, terrierjohn said:

Strange you should mention camparvans, we have a campervan coach builder in Huddersfield who was on the local TV news tonight saying his business has never been busier.

Apparently sales of tents are up about 70%. . My wife said " no you can't buy a VW and they are not called Trainspotters, silly old git".😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

What if you went out for the day, a long way away and felt too weary to drive home and you happened to be driving your campervan?

Good question.

I would like to see my Mum, who lives alone, but the round trip is about 8 hours driving. She is in isolation,  as am I. Why cannot I drive to see her, and stay the night? I could drive to see her, then drive home and fall asleep and crash.  At least I will have obeyed the rules!

The entire government strategy is unravelling before our eyes.

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Good question.

I would like to see my Mum, who lives alone, but the round trip is about 8 hours driving. She is in isolation,  as am I. Why cannot I drive to see her, and stay the night? I could drive to see her, then drive home and fall asleep and crash.  At least I will have obeyed the rules!

We should keep to Iona, or get told off, apparently more announcements tomorrow. It seems Legoland can open soon. So we can't cruise but can go to Legoland. Yippee. Look forward to that treat☹️

19 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We should keep to Iona, or get told off, apparently more announcements tomorrow. It seems Legoland can open soon. So we can't cruise but can go to Legoland. Yippee. Look forward to that treat☹️

Do you think they could get round it by building a Lego cruise ship.

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, wowzz said:

Good question.

You can now. They must have been listening to you.

• Like 1

What on earth has happened to the thread titled 'Iona Construction' ? I came on here this morning expecting to see an update on Iona. I have read through some of the posts very tongue in cheek, what have they got to do with the topic? Come back jaydee6969 and give us some proper information.

1 hour ago, Monorail Orange said:

^I imagine she absolutly towers over the old Artemis. By today's standards she's a tiny ship.

Bigger doesn’t necessarily mean better. The smaller ships have much more character. 

Avril 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bin man said:

Noticed on the last 24 hrs tracking she had drawn 2 hearts on the sea dont know if that was on purpose 

The heart shape was very much intentional. They plot the course on computer and essentially turn auto pilot on - so easy to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Maybe they'll transplant Artemis/Artania's heart into Iona 😀

Nice idea,  but it's the sheer size of these ships that makes them feel so cold and impersonal. 

Avril 

21 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice idea,  but it's the sheer size of these ships that makes them feel so cold and impersonal. 

Avril 

I've been on Symphony of the Seas and nothing about it felt impersonal!  Mind you my favourite ship is still Aurora, having said that I'm still looking forward to my two cruises on Iona, even if they are now delayed by 12 months.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, Addict said:

It is a lovely dream, however we are on 14 Nov, and still not confident even that will sail.  If P&O have already cancelled 15 Oct, and they suddenly create another cruise to fill those dates, I'm sure that won't be a good PR move either.  There would be uproar.  How would you feel if someone cancelled your cruise, then let it sail a day later with a whole lot of new passengers? I'd be amazed if they do this.

They haven’t cancelled a cruise on 15th October, they have cancelled the one starting 10th October (which was the one I was supposed to be on). It wouldn’t be sailing a day later, it would be 6 days later - and if they can fit in a cruise sailing on 16th to 24th (when the first scheduled one is supposed to begin) then good luck to them. Nothing to stop the original 10th October people booking onto it. 😀

Edited by shopaholic6