Bionic Bar needs to GO....

First time experiencing Bionic Bar on Symphony last week.  Really a disappointment!

The room is nothing worth hanging out in.  You can watch the robot once and you've pretty much experienced everything.  Plastic cups for a martini?  No thanks!

But probably the dumbest thing is the extremely limited selection of liquors.  At first, it looks like a ton of bottles, until you realize that everything is repeated six or seven times.  So there really aren't many options at all.

I just can't see this thing lasting in the long term.

I am personally looking forward to this on Symphony as I’ve never seen one before. For a robot doing drinks, sounds and looks very cool. In my viewpoint it’s more about the experience if watching the robot make the drink than it is about getting some fancy drink. But I will know more once I have done my cruise and experienced it. I have heard mixed reviews on it though. Won’t get most of my drinks there as I prefer frozen ones and it doesn’t do that,  it is worth trying though in my mind to watch the experience as it seems fascinating to me. Just my opinion though, to each their own. 🙂

I agree, it's fun to watch once and maybe do yourself once, but I have to say, my drink was horrible. And my lemon wedge was literally just a tiny piece of the rind. You just can't replace a real bartender with a robot. 

I experienced this on the HOS.....Got a Long Island Iced Tea....it was a decent drink, however I agree that it was a once and done thing for me.  I will be sailing on the Anthem in May, and I have no desire to go there again.  Something to be said for "live" bartenders and conversation!

We tried it out on Harmony. It was fun.  But agree, not a place  you are going to hang out much.  But, some people love it.  My kid enjoys creating his own virgin cocktails.  Given that it's been around for a few years now, and they did put it on SOTS, I doubt its going anywhere, but for those that don't enjoy it, there are lots of other choices.

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

No wages to the bartender.

People lining up for bottom shelf liquor options.

Plastic throw-away cups rather than actual glass that needs to be washed.

I think the Bionic Bar won't be going anywhere..........

You still pay the 18% though, not sure what the bionic bartender will spend it on!

23 minutes ago, twangster said:

I miss the Champagne Bar.  Bionic is one and done.  Did it on Harmony, walked right past on Anthem and Symphony.  

Eliminate plastic straws but retain disposable one-use plastic cups at the Bionic Bar.  Makes perfect sense.  

I agree, get rid of the Bionic Bar and put the Champagne Bar in it's place.  Th e CB was my favourite bar on Oasis.

37 minutes ago, zooma said:

Thanks! We'll also be on Anthem and look forward to the novelty ... probably just once. I ask for too many tweaks to some of my drinks for a robot to get me!

Oh yes...no tweaks here- you get exactly what it says is in the drink....lol!  It is cool to do for a one time thing......Enjoy!

1 hour ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

The Bionic Bar first appeared on the Quantum  in 2014.  It is on the Anthem.  It is on the Harmony.  I would guess that it's here to stay.  

I don´t see why it "Needs to go". 

There will be enough new Cruisers on every cruise to Keep ot a novelty for a quite a few. 

We all have our preferences and you can´t please all. To me there´s much worse waste of space with venues on the ships, but I know some of those places are popular with others, so I won´t say they "Need to go".

1 hour ago, zooma said:

Thanks! We'll also be on Anthem and look forward to the novelty ... probably just once. I ask for too many tweaks to some of my drinks for a robot to get me!

You set the exact quantities of everything you want in your drink manually (or you can get a preset drink choice)

2 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

First time experiencing Bionic Bar on Symphony last week.  Really a disappointment!

The room is nothing worth hanging out in.  You can watch the robot once and you've pretty much experienced everything.  Plastic cups for a martini?  No thanks!

But probably the dumbest thing is the extremely limited selection of liquors.  At first, it looks like a ton of bottles, until you realize that everything is repeated six or seven times.  So there really aren't many options at all.

Royal's had it 5yrs now and still there... If wasn't being used they's removed it by now. Which is good as they'd probably throw few passenger cabin's in it's spot. At least 18% goes to Crew Welfare Fund, that alone is pretty Kool...