RCCL post cruise survey - weird questions

Just returned for a lovely 2 night cruise on Mariner.   Survey was delivered by the time  I  log on to the internet.  I thought it was weird  that one question was...

"Did you order dessert in the Main Dining Room?"  The next question asked me to rate it.   Not sure if that question  goes  out to everyone.  A few cruises ago, the survey asked me to rate the weather.  

Anyone else get random strange questions?

M

Maybe they are finally realizing their desserts may look good, but hardly taste good.  What's really sad is I love my sweets, but don't order dessert regularly and if I do order, I don't necessarily finish it.

Erika

• Like 1

Bit puzzled -- surely Royal can tell how many desserts are ordered? Or do they want a diner profile??

ETA Oops just realised OP was asked to rate the dessert, so does make sense.. 

Edited by dutchclogs

Starting to think the surveys are not standard. Varied by ship and sail date. Maybe addressing specific issues based on past responses.

My latest one for Rhapsody asked if staff in dining room coaxed for 5 ratings.  Answer was yes!

Edited by coaster

Many questions to ask.  If they tried to ask everyone, everything, it would take hours to answer.

So ask some of the questions to everyone, and other questions are split among all the the surveys sent.

We were probably on the same cruise, I also went on the two day that left Miami on the 22nd.  My survey did ask if the dining room staff requested positive scores.  I'm guessing they are tweaking these surveys based on feedback.

4 hours ago, coaster said:

Starting to think the surveys are not standard. Varied by ship and sail date. Maybe addressing specific issues based on past responses.

My latest one for Rhapsody asked if staff in dining room coaxed for 5 ratings.  Answer was yes!

I was on empress and the survey also asked about staff asking for high ratings.  

Does RCL not want the staff to do that?

When I go to a car dealer for service and sometimes at Home Depot they ask for good ratings.

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

When I go to a car dealer for service and sometimes at Home Depot they ask for good ratings.

I always tell them I never give good ratings to people who ask for high ratings.  The smart ones stop asking.

• Like 1

I just ignore the request and rate based on what I think is correct.

As long as they aren't nasty about it I figure they are just informing me that the rating is an important issue for them.

Car dealers always ask you to contact them instead of giving a bad rating on JD Power or manufacturer surveys. That defeats the purpose.

To the OP: did any questions make you feel that you were being targeted specifically (as if, for example, they might be used for future marketing contacts to you)?

The confusing question to me:  Did Your Cruise Meet Expectations?  

If your expectations were very good anyway ... they just met what you expected so not exceeded.

Then what if you did not expect the cruise to be good ... so in that case it would have unfortunately met your expectations. :classic_rolleyes:

20 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just returned for a lovely 2 night cruise on Mariner.   Survey was delivered by the time  I  log on to the internet.  I thought it was weird  that one question was...

"Did you order dessert in the Main Dining Room?"  The next question asked me to rate it.   Not sure if that question  goes  out to everyone.  A few cruises ago, the survey asked me to rate the weather.  

Anyone else get random strange questions?

M

Why do you think it´s a strange or weird Question?

I consider Rating the Food when Rating a restaurant Experience as something completely Logical and normal.

10 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Car dealers always ask you to contact them instead of giving a bad rating on JD Power or manufacturer surveys. That defeats the purpose.

To the OP: did any questions make you feel that you were being targeted specifically (as if, for example, they might be used for future marketing contacts to you)?

OTOH, many companies give you a 1 - 5 or 1 - 10 scale, but anything other than a 5 or 10 is considered failing.

Recently I had a hotel contact me about issues that I gave them some 8s and 9s.

I pointed out that on a 1 - 10 point scale, 5 is average, so 8 or 9 is very good, just not PERFECT.  And if they want to complain, next time I will give them 1s.

Companies need to get away from the "Only the highest mark is passing" mode if they want valid responses.

I SELDOM give a 5 or 10.  As things are very seldom perfect.

• Like 1

We rarely order dessert when sailing RCI with our dinner.  

To us it is not that good and saves us the calories.

Yea they look good, maybe if I consumed more alcohol they would taste better.

I will say on our Alaskan cruise on the Explorer, I actually enjoyed the carrot cake.

Other than that.....................

Safe travels.

1 hour ago, Paulxyz2004 said:

Why do you think it´s a strange or weird Question?

I consider Rating the Food when Rating a restaurant Experience as something completely Logical and normal.

There is generally a question about overall food in specific dining venues like dining room, buffet, speciality restaurant etc. I guess the question for dessert only seemed a bit strange. 

We we have seen the “did anyone ask for high ratings “ question for years. 

M

Just got home from sailing on the Vision. The desserts in the dining room were not great but the dessert buffet every night in the Windjammer was amazing.  Not sure why there was such a difference in the desserts between the 2 venues though? 

25 minutes ago, WeExplore said:

Just got home from sailing on the Vision. The desserts in the dining room were not great but the dessert buffet every night in the Windjammer was amazing.  Not sure why there was such a difference in the desserts between the 2 venues though? 

Been that way as long as I can remember.  Even when we used to go to the MDR regularly, we would typically skip the MDR dessert and check out the WJ desserts.