When to book cruise for January 2021 ?

We want to do a cruise Jan. 2021 for my 50th and twins 21st birthdays.

I noticed Royal Carribean just posted that Adventure of the Seas will be sailing out of Galveston at that time.

We still have over a year and a half till it sales.

I checked online on RC's website, there are not many ocean view cabins available.

They are either front of ship or back. 

When would be the best time to book this cruise ? Are the prices better, the further out you book the cruise ?

Are there certain times of the year that sales seem to appear ?

We would probably need 2 ocean views, and one interior room.

Thank you !

12 minutes ago, LuvinDisCruiser said:

We want to do a cruise Jan. 2021 for my 50th and twins 21st birthdays.

I noticed Royal Carribean just posted that Adventure of the Seas will be sailing out of Galveston at that time.

We still have over a year and a half till it sales.

I checked online on RC's website, there are not many ocean view cabins available.

They are either front of ship or back. 

When would be the best time to book this cruise ? Are the prices better, the further out you book the cruise ?

Are there certain times of the year that sales seem to appear ?

We would probably need 2 ocean views, and one interior room.

Thank you !

I'd book immediately.  Price trends are not predictable.

If choice of cabin is critical, then the earlier you book the better chance of getting what you want. If you book early, and prices go down, you can re-price and get the lower price (so long as you are not after final payment).  If you are not sure you will go, book a refundable deposit ( junior suites and below, no guarantee categories). As time gets closer, yo may be able to re-price it as a refundable deposit and get the lower price.

We needed 4 cabins next to each other, with two of them connecting, so we booked our August 2019 cruise quite a while ago, About a month ago, the price of each cabin went down $500 -- saved $2K.

mac_tlc

3 minutes ago, 39august said:

Book now for best selection and  price. When is Adventure arriving in Galveston? Is she in place of Liberty or with Liberty?

Adventure arrives on November 16, 2020, I believe. She is doing a repo from Bayonne. She is with Liberty.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

We booked a B2B in January 2021 on EX last week.  I always book as soon as the cruises open for booking so we get the cabin we want.  If there is a price drop, I will call and get the lower price.  Rarely happens though - usually our cruises just get more expensive.

On 3/17/2019 at 5:58 PM, mac_tlc said:

Adventure arrives on November 16, 2020, I believe. She is doing a repo from Bayonne. She is with Liberty.

mac_tlc

Adventure will be doing 4 and 5 night cruises out of Galveston, Liberty will continue 7 night cruises. 

• 2 weeks later...

I booked last week !

I got the panoramic room for my husband and I. Got the guaranteed interior

for the kids.

Friends of ours are going to probably book a panoramic also.

I did get a refundable deposit for 69.00, just in case.

Thank you all for your help !

😊

On 3/18/2019 at 9:38 AM, Sobro said:

Don't rely on RC online for cabin availability. Check the UK website for open cabins by making a mock booking then call to request your specific cabin. I've done that several times.

can you provide this website link?  Thanks. Kim

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:22 PM, dacsmom said:

Definitely book now and watch for price drops. I usually try to book the day the itineraries are released. 

We always book as soon as the itineraries are released, and constantly watch prices on all of our booked cruises. We haven't seen a price drop on anything we've booked or sailed in at least two years. Every one of our future booked cruises continue to increase in price, even after final payment date. Just checked our May 2019 Harmony cruise, and if we booked today, we could get an interior cabin GTY for about $300 more than the oversized balcony cabin we booked when the itineraries were released. I fear the days of late price drops are gone for good.:classic_sad:

Edited by orville99