Why no straws?

Fishkillbill

36 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

Hopefully Celebrity won't stop giving out straws.

We take our own , the day of the straw is over. When my granddaughter came home from college she informed me that I am killing whales and other sea creatures. She got me some bamboo straws and showed me how to clean them. Thank goodness she went back to school.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Ditto.   Thank you tree huggers.  What about all the plastic water bottles onboard?  

Water was in a tin type bottle.  The thing is the Edge has a very aggressive recycle program too, but the tree Huggers have put them in over drive. 

2 minutes ago, Elevatorman said:

We take our own , the day of the straw is over. When my granddaughter came home from college she informed me that I am killing whales and other sea creatures. She got me some bamboo straws and showed me how to clean them. Thank goodness she went back to school.

isn't it wonderful! She is learning so much at college. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Ditto.   Thank you tree huggers.  What about all the plastic water bottles onboard?  

They have done away with most of the plastic water bottles on Edge and shifting to wax coated paper boxes.

We bring our own  plastic straws( stock piled at home)......and our own Spring water..The stuff in the metal whivh is on the Classic package.. is not  at all to our taste,  and has more salt than our pure  Spring water brand...

1 hour ago, TexasBlue7 said:

Water was in a tin type bottle.  The thing is the Edge has a very aggressive recycle program too, but the tree Huggers have put them in over drive. 

Someday you (or your descendants) will thank the tree huggers. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Do yourself a favor and search the other dozen threads on this topic before this discussion turns ridiculous 😳add in some topics about dogs on the ship and you have an afternoons worth of reading material 😉

4 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Do yourself a favor and search the other dozen threads on this topic before this discussion turns ridiculous 😳add in some topics about dogs on the ship and you have an afternoons worth of reading material 😉

Straw Dogs?

• Like 1

I wish they were this aggressive with all the cigarette butts everywhere you go. They aren't recyclable.

I don't mind paper straws, I'm old enough to remember when that was all they had. Thanks for heads up I will bring some straws as well.

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Unlike plastic water bottles that can be recycled, straws, because of their size, are difficult to be recycled, because they get stuck in the recycling machines.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We bring our own  plastic straws( stock piled at home)......and our own Spring water..The stuff in the metal whivh is on the Classic package.. is not  at all to our taste,  and has more salt than our pure  Spring water brand...

Eventually, That's gonna lead to Celebrity reversing it's liberal policy allowing people to bring cases of water on the ship. 

There are "plastic" straws made of avocado seeds, but until they become more economically attractive, they would not be a viable alternative...However, they do biodegrade pretty quickly...just not while your using them like the paper ones do.  

I have heard straws described as sippy cups for adults. I am trying not to use them at all, and I carry stainless steel ones in my purse for really foamy drinks. These are available in grocery stores, and I will definitely have a couple on my next cruise. We have to start somewhere on the environment, and I applaud Celebrity for their policy. Plastic and the ocean don't go well together. Never hugged a tree. 

• Like 1