Anyone else wish Royal had longer itineraries

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

I was on the twelve nighter this past January and was disappointed next year's is only eleven nights. The missing port is Barbados. But I can understand why they dropped it. We were there on a Sunday, and except for the port area, nothing was open. There were at least four tours I wanted to take, but none were available because the sites themselves were closed. You would think RCCL could have changed their schedule to stop at a port that was open on Sunday.. It's not as if the ports were that far from each other, most are relatively close. Just my two cents.

18 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I love Barbados for the beautiful beaches. My favorite island for going to the beach. (and with everything closed, it only takes a few minutes to get there - no traffic)

I love Barbados for the fabulous catamaran excursions!  They are certainly operating on Sunday.  🙂 

(I am also disappointed that RC cut the 12 night to an 11 night and dropped Barbados, but I'm doing them anyway in January.  Gotta get out of Dodge in January!  😮 )

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I love Barbados for the fabulous catamaran excursions!  They are certainly operating on Sunday.  🙂 

(I am also disappointed that RC cut the 12 night to an 11 night and dropped Barbados, but I'm doing them anyway in January.  Gotta get out of Dodge in January!  😮 )

My 11 night Feb 10 southern Caribbean stops in Barbados. I’ve always wanted to go there. 

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I would like to see longer Canadian and New England cruises that include Newfoundland and down the St Lawrence and then back again to Boston or NYC etc.  To many 1 way trips that do not allow for return because of the PVA.

I did a great cruise out of Boston in 2012 on NCL and it did go to Newfoundland and was round trip.  I also think they should consider r/t from Boston to Newfoundland and Labrador and perhaps even Iceland.  Then come back to USA.

so many more choices for Northern routes I think could be had if they would just do it.  

There is only a violation of the PVSA if you do the repositioning cruise with the final cruise out of NJ:  NJ to Quebec, Quebec to Florida.  ONE situation per year.

If you do round trip, NJ-Quebec/Quebec-NJ there is absolutely no problem.

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have 2 - 11 night booked for next year 1/5 and 1/27 (my Pinnacle) and B2B with 2/7.  I'm really going to miss the February and March 12 nighters.

2 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

I have 2 - 11 night booked for next year 1/5 and 1/27 (my Pinnacle) and B2B with 2/7.  I'm really going to miss the February and March 12 nighters.

Why are you skipping the 1/16?  I'm  on all three.

I'm thrilled that I will be there to see you ascend to Pinnacle!!!! 🙂

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Why are you skipping the 1/16?  I'm  on all three.

I'm thrilled that I will be there to see you ascend to Pinnacle!!!! 🙂

Need to come home the see my grandsons.  I also have a lot of friends that will be on the 1/27, so I planned the big one for then.

• Like 1

Hmmm. You all have a lot more vacation than us right now!!  Which is very fun for you!  We will someday be there. 

we love RC but in becoming empty nesters next fall none of the longer RC cruises really appealed to us. We are doing Celebrity in Asia for 2 weeks, 10 days on the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia. And then we shall see.  

Honestly if they were great at all of it we probably wouldn’t branch out so I’m torn because we might discover something else we love. But I guess my experienced opinion will have to wait until I experience the other lines for that length of time. 

3 hours ago, Florida_cruisers said:

I think that the audience that RCL is families and people between 30-50, on average. Longer cruises tend to be attractive to retired and older people. That might be the reason why you don’t see many itineraries with longer nights. 

My first long cruise was a 10 night March Explorer sailing from NJ. I loved the fact that it was older people. I don't think a 7 night sailing will be enough for me again. 

I'm fortunate to have 4 weeks of vacation and will always spend 2 weeks at a time on cruising.

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You get more ports.  We have five sea days getting to and from the Caribbean.  🙂  

🥶🥶🥶

How many are fairly cold🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

I now someone who is on Explorer now... Sydney to Singapore to Dubai to Barcelona to Southampton to Canaries.. I think just over 60 nights and having checked they could have stayed on for a Baltic and for another Med itinerary without duplication of too many ports. 

Other friends have just done San Diego through Panama and now on TA on Jewel. 

Longer itineraries are out there.

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

The trend of RCCL devoinnng itself into a "ship itself is he destination" they are becoming the line for a 7day cruise ideally with  a few sea days and with the Vision and Radiance class disapearing at some point this trend will continue with the eceptions such as in Australasia, repositioning, ships based in the UK and New York. (Baltimore will probably also disapear at some point as i can't accomadate larger ships due to the bridge).

The destination and longer cultural port destination driven itinararies will be manly with Silversea and Azmara in the long run and to a certain extend with X but this will also depend on future development in the sizes of their new build ships. This raises again the need that all the loyaity programs should be combined into one / at last have a 1/1 status match and point collection no matter with which line you cruise.

11 hours ago, cindivan said:

Hmmm. You all have a lot more vacation than us right now!!  Which is very fun for you!  We will someday be there. 

we love RC but in becoming empty nesters next fall none of the longer RC cruises really appealed to us. We are doing Celebrity in Asia for 2 weeks, 10 days on the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia. And then we shall see.  

Honestly if they were great at all of it we probably wouldn’t branch out so I’m torn because we might discover something else we love. But I guess my experienced opinion will have to wait until I experience the other lines for that length of time. 

You will love the other lines...it will open up a whole new world of itineraries and experiences...don’t overlook princess, it has some interesting longer itineraries, same for HAL, did them once and we were extremely pleased

On 4/4/2019 at 10:05 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

YES, YES, YES!!!   We love the Oasis class but they just aren't long enough or interesting any longer.  Our bucket list is West Coast Tahiti RT, which Princess does a few times a year.  My dream would be to get an Oasis class on the west coast doing +10 days anywhere.  We love our days at sea.  The fav was TA Barbados to Marseille.  

That's the one I really want to do!

On 4/4/2019 at 7:05 AM, bostonfred said:

Hi, enjoy Royal as well as several other lines. We wish they had more longer cruises, particularly in Caribbean. Not interested in back to back, feels like a lost day. Last few years did a 14 night princess circle Caribbean out of Florida, and a couple 11 and twelve nighters out os San Juan on NCL. Older ships, but we don’t mind. Wish Royal would follow suit...I think there would be a demand....😉😉

I agree  -  really I don't want to move to Princess or Holland  in order to get longer cruises.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, little britain said:

I now someone who is on Explorer now... Sydney to Singapore to Dubai to Barcelona to Southampton to Canaries.. I think just over 60 nights and having checked they could have stayed on for a Baltic and for another Med itinerary without duplication of too many ports. 

Other friends have just done San Diego through Panama and now on TA on Jewel. 

Longer itineraries are out there.

The Panama  cruises were just this season I believe.

I would love longer itineraries but also the ability to book a B2B under one booking like multi city airfare. When booking the B2B it would be nice to get priority to stay in the same stateroom over non B2Ber cruises and also to keep the SeaPass Tab under one Folio just close the Folio clear out the remaining balance and reopen it for the next segment. 

You could then essentially keep the same SeaPass card for your B2B sailings.  

By being able to book segments under one reservation your Set Sail Pass you print out at home carries over for the entire cruise.  On turnaround day you can get off the ship and hang around the port city for sometime and then head to the B2B security line and up to the waiting lounge to reboard. 

It would make logistics easier for Royal Caribbean as there is a large percentage of continuing passengers. Perhaps block off cabins for B2B assignments would be a start and they can add or subtract cabins as necessary.

Having  a deadline for when B2B cruisers must be booked by would be fair for inventory control. 

This way I can make payments on the entire cruise and not be mixed up with more than one reservation number. The same goes for dining and shore excursions. Your OBC would be added after each segment on the same reservation/folio# and you could get recognition as B2B cruisers with a special pin that you wear.

Perhaps Royal Caribbean could have a special B2B desk and then go into the World Cruise specialization and work with Travel Agents to book their clients.  Perhaps for every B2B booked you get bonus C&A Points a special Lunch or Free Dinner at a Specialty Restaurant. 

I myself would book a 180 day cruise on Royal if it were easy to do so and all I had to do was book it with one reservation number and put it onto one credit card.  I would be the first passenger to book this!  Also the option of choosing to skip a segment and flying to catch up with the ship with Royal Caribbean Land Tours where they transfer my luggage and stay at nice hotels.   Land/Cruise Round The World Tours along with the option to add a loved one who is not much of a cruiser but would love to join me for the Land Tour portion would be cool.   

Edited by travelplus

1 hour ago, squadron said:

I agree  -  really I don't want to move to Princess or Holland  in order to get longer cruises.

Exactly! Even when I'm 90 I would much rather sail on Royal Caribbean the "Nursing Home At Sea". Sorry to say but I love the disco, Viking Lounge, Schooner Bar, Evening shows which the Nursing Home at Sea has no production shows and just repeats it.  Princess is OK but I would much rather sail on Celebrity. 

7 hours ago, robandana said:

I would love to see Royal dedicate one of there smaller ships to do World cruises, the most we have done b2b...is 56 days on the same ship but we had to move rooms...

Not really their business model anymore.

• Thanks 1