Anyone else wish Royal had longer itineraries

Hi, enjoy Royal as well as several other lines. We wish they had more longer cruises, particularly in Caribbean. Not interested in back to back, feels like a lost day. Last few years did a 14 night princess circle Caribbean out of Florida, and a couple 11 and twelve nighters out os San Juan on NCL. Older ships, but we don’t mind. Wish Royal would follow suit...I think there would be a demand....😉😉

6 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Hi, enjoy Royal as well as several other lines. We wish they had more longer cruises, particularly in Caribbean. Not interested in back to back, feels like a lost day. Last few years did a 14 night princess circle Caribbean out of Florida, and a couple 11 and twelve nighters out os San Juan on NCL. Older ships, but we don’t mind. Wish Royal would follow suit...I think there would be a demand....😉😉

We are always looking for longer itineraries too.

The Repo Cruises are about the only way to find those with RCI.  They had the Serenade doing 10 and 11 nighters for the Caribbean, but I don't know if they are continuing those. 

The other was the 15 night Panama Canal, and I don't see any of those in the future.

10 minutes ago, UKWLDCruise said:

grab one of the re positioning cruise from Boston to FL or Tampa they are 11-12 days, though you would have to cruise in October to do so.  I am doing that on Brilliance next year.

Good thought, we have considered it, but fall is best season in New England...save our cruises for winter

Why Caribbean?  Probably the least interesting place to have a long cruise in.

I'm currently on the Jewel.  You could do a Panama Canal cruise, followed by a transatlantic cruise, followed by a Mediterranean cruise, followed by a Mediterranean cruise with a different itinerary.  53 night cruise.

• Like 7

I would look to RCCL's other line, Celebrity for longer itineraries.  They seem to cater more to that.

Having said that, and having just sailed the new Amped Navigator on a 9 night to the ABC islands, I'm really bummed that the Navigator is only doing 3 and 4 night sailings to the Bahamas for the foreseeable future.  It's by far our favorite ship in the fleet now.  Can't wait to see how they "Amp" the other Freedom and Voyager classes.

Dan

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm currently on the Jewel.  You could do a Panama Canal cruise, followed by a transatlantic cruise, followed by a Mediterranean cruise, followed by a Mediterranean cruise with a different itinerary.  53 night cruise.

did 20 nighter on NCL out of New Zealand to Singapore two years ago and it was great...been to Europe multiple times....Caribbean is to hit the beaches, swim and escape Winter...53 days is too long on a ship and too long away from Grandkids, family and friends....got a lot going on here...otherwise would winter in Florida

I thought the Oasis-class ships - with so many things to do, you could not possibly do them in a week - is ripe for a 10-12 night cruise. 

But I guess since the ship is targeted towards families that have limited vacation time/budget, that'll probably never happen.  I guess that's why the longer cruises are usually older ships geared towards the older crowd that has more time of take off for a cruise. Grandeur comes to mind.

B2B is on my bucket list but 10-12 night cruises are the sweet-spot for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

did 20 nighter on NCL out of New Zealand to Singapore two years ago and it was great...been to Europe multiple times....Caribbean is to hit the beaches, swim and escape Winter...53 days is too long on a ship and too long away from Grandkids, family and friends....got a lot going on here...otherwise would winter in Florida

I disagree.  I've done 106, 105 and 65 nights and none of them were long enough!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Having said that, and having just sailed the new Amped Navigator on a 9 night to the ABC islands, I'm really bummed that the Navigator is only doing 3 and 4 night sailings to the Bahamas for the foreseeable future.  It's by far our favorite ship in the fleet now.  Can't wait to see how they "Amp" the other Freedom and Voyager classes.

I read your trip review. Sounds like it was an awesome trip and one I'm sorry I missed. Great job on the writing: detailed enough without being to wordy. Someday I hope to sample what your FIL considered he best hamburger ever from the food truck on Bonaire (I think??).

I read somewhere - possibly here on CC - that the newly Amp'd Navigator & Mariner are targeted to the 20's something crowd that can not take much time off, hence the 3-4 night sailings. Like you, waiting to see what features are carried over to the Freedom-class.

We are booked on Anthems repo cruise in April from New York to Southampton,soon after we booked RCI dropped Halifax from the cruise for,IMO,a stupid reason which to us pretty much ruined the cruise,all other stops we have been to recently or can do easy enough from the UK,RCI will let us swap to another one of their cruises but we have to pay £150 which makes us more annoyed but while looking for another cruise that looked good I was quite amazed how many of the cruises out of the USA are so short,we wouldn't consider going on a cruise less than 12-14 nights,lets face it it takes that long to get anywhere interesting from the UK by ship,but it could explain a number of things.

I have been interested in a number of items on RCI forums & curious as to how they differ from the likes of P&O with a mainly British passenger base,things like 'The Key' & the dreaded daily service charge take on a whole different look when applied to a 3-4 day cruise as opposed to 12-14 days or more & I can see why more people would be inclined to pay for them!

Edited by snaefell

11 minutes ago, snaefell said:

We are booked on Anthems repo cruise in April from New York to Southampton,soon after we booked RCI dropped Halifax from the cruise for,IMO,a stupid reason which to us pretty much ruined the cruise,all other stops we have been to recently or can do easy enough from the UK,RCI will let us swap to another one of their cruises but we have to pay £150 which makes us more annoyed but while looking for another cruise that looked good I was quite amazed how many of the cruises out of the USA are so short,we wouldn't consider going on a cruise less than 12-14 nights,lets face it it takes that long to get anywhere interesting from the UK by ship,but it could explain a number of things.

Americans tend to have a lot less leave days from  work than European workers so the longer cruises do have an older look.  Of course if you are crossing the pond a week might not be enough anyway.

11 minutes ago, snaefell said:

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

We are going on an 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise out of Ft Lauderdale February 10, 2020.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I read your trip review. Sounds like it was an awesome trip and one I'm sorry I missed. Great job on the writing: detailed enough without being to wordy. Someday I hope to sample what your FIL considered he best hamburger ever from the food truck on Bonaire (I think??).

Thank you!!!  It was our best cruise yet.  Yes, that burger was at Kite City, the food truck located on the beach just south of town.  You could still see our cruise ship in the distance from the beach.   Granted, we were very hungry by that point at around 2pm, but my son also got the same burger and still says how great it was.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//12.1341172,-68.2798469/@12.1346257,-68.3477123,12z

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bouhunter said:

We're B2B on Serenade next winter, 11 and 10 nights.  The change over day doesn't feel lost to us, just like another day at sea.

I did this trip a few years ago - it was wonderful.  There were so many of us  that we mustered in a lounge and they brought customs to us, along with a staffer to take our pic again and give us the new key card 

Never even had to leave the ship on turn around day. 

I did walk off to the terminal for an hour or so to use the free  wifi - no problem getting back on quickly, just get an "in transit" card from the front desk. 

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

That would be your opinion.  For those of us in winter climates a long cruise in the Caribbean is a great alternative to renting a condo somewhere warm and not "least interesting".......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

That sounds amazing.  Are you on for all of those cruises?

M