Anyone else wish Royal had longer itineraries

I did the 16 day Panama Canal Cruise on Jewel last month and it was fabulous and just the right number of days, IMO.  We had 6 sea days and excellent ports and are looking to do this one again to see th things we didn’t do.

Edited by sellwingri

This year we are celebrating our 50th anniversary and we did not want to do a B2B or a repositioning cruise...we just wanted a longer Caribbean cruise with more ports.  We didn’t find what we wanted on Royal but we did on Carnival.

In November we are sailing from Port Canaveral on the Carnival Breeze on a 14 days cruise with eight ports!!

We will always be loyal to Royal as we have finally made it to Diamond +, but I sure would like to see them doing some of the longer cruises, especially from Canaveral.

3 hours ago, UKWLDCruise said:

grab one of the re positioning cruise from Boston to FL or Tampa they are 11-12 days, though you would have to cruise in October to do so.  I am doing that on Brilliance next year.

We're looking forward to our Snowbird cruise this October, Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale  13 nights.

14 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I did the 16 day Panama Canal Cruise on Jewel last month and it was fabulous and just the right number of days, IMO.  We had 6 sea days and excellent ports and are looking to do this one again to see th things we didn’t do.

You better have it booked for 2019, cause if you try to find that itinerary again in 2020 or in 2021, you are out of luck.

The ONLY Panama Canal cruise RCI has available is one-tim in May of 2020. 

3 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Hi, enjoy Royal as well as several other lines. We wish they had more longer cruises, particularly in Caribbean. Not interested in back to back, feels like a lost day. Last few years did a 14 night princess circle Caribbean out of Florida, and a couple 11 and twelve nighters out os San Juan on NCL. Older ships, but we don’t mind. Wish Royal would follow suit...I think there would be a demand....😉😉

Join the US Navy!  I did a few 6-Month "Cruises" with a couple Port stops along the way during a 20-year stretch....  You also don't have any daily gratuities!  Lol

3 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Hi, enjoy Royal as well as several other lines. We wish they had more longer cruises, particularly in Caribbean. Not interested in back to back, feels like a lost day. Last few years did a 14 night princess circle Caribbean out of Florida, and a couple 11 and twelve nighters out os San Juan on NCL. Older ships, but we don’t mind. Wish Royal would follow suit...I think there would be a demand....😉😉

I leave on a 12 night Royal on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, DHADEN said:

You better have it booked for 2019, cause if you try to find that itinerary again in 2020 or in 2021, you are out of luck.

The ONLY Panama Canal cruise RCI has available is one-tim in May of 2020. 

I know.  There were only 2 cruises this year.  We’re hoping one will come available sometime in the future.  

For years Royal's sister line X ran 14 night So Carib winter sailings on Eclipse.  They were very popular and we really enjoyed them.  Unfortunately recently discontinued and a number of other itineraries shortened up.  The consensus opinion on CC  was that X felt two 7 night sailings produce more onboard revenue that a 14 night sailing.  Now we have to make due with 12 night'ers on Anthem and Grandeur.

Edited by Baron Barracuda

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I thought the Oasis-class ships - with so many things to do, you could not possibly do them in a week - is ripe for a 10-12 night cruise. 

You are right on. Have done Oasis, Allure, and Symphony 12 - 14 night transatlantics. Absolutely fantastic, plus a big bonus is that there are only a few dozen kids at most.  The prices are also great, we have the upcoming Allure TA booked and a hump balcony for 14 nights is just about the same as the last 7 night Caribbean cruise,  airfare Lax to Barcelona  through Royals Air2Sea is about the same price as FLL. back to Ca.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I thought the Oasis-class ships - with so many things to do, you could not possibly do them in a week..... 

Precisely the wording I used to convince my wife to make our Oct 27 Allure 7 day into a B2B by adding Oct 20, too!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bouhunter said:

That would be your opinion.  For those of us in winter climates a long cruise in the Caribbean is a great alternative to renting a condo somewhere warm and not "least interesting".......

Of course it's my opinion.  What a funny thing to write.  What else would I post in a thread asking for people's opinions?

6 hours ago, ScottVV said:

Join the US Navy!  I did a few 6-Month "Cruises" with a couple Port stops along the way during a 20-year stretch....  You also don't have any daily gratuities!  Lol

I would but no balcony cabins and the deluxe drink package seems limited. Both are deal breakers for me.😀

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

That sounds amazing.  Are you on for all of those cruises?

M

Sort of. I was trying to give an example of a long cruise without repeats.  (otherwise, I assume that bostonfred would have been happy with ANY ship in the Caribbean doing back to backs.)

I have been on for 2 Panama Canal cruises, first westbound Miami to San Diego, then eastbound, San Diego to Miami. I am now on the transatlantic from Miami to Rome/Civitavecchia.  Then I will finish with a Mediterranean cruise to Sicily, Malta, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Dubrovnik and Kotor.  THEN I fly home.  🙂

I like the longer cruises as well. I will always try and do a long one, either 9 or 10 nights. My last cruise was a 12 night TA. This fall, I'm doing a B2B with a 4 night and a 9 night sailing and then next year, I'm doing the 14 night TA on Allure.

So yea, I like long cruises 🙂

YES, YES, YES!!!   We love the Oasis class but they just aren't long enough or interesting any longer.  Our bucket list is West Coast Tahiti RT, which Princess does a few times a year.  My dream would be to get an Oasis class on the west coast doing +10 days anywhere.  We love our days at sea.  The fav was TA Barbados to Marseille.  

8 hours ago, mets123 said:

The Anthem does 11 and 12 night cruises in the winter out of Cape Liberty. We did a twelve night six port cruise this past January and an eleven night five port on the books for next January.

I wish Royal would bring back the January, February & March 12 night cruises that include Barbados.  I'm not crazy about all the longer 11 night cruises being in January and only Bahamas cruise for the rest of the winter. The 12 night in December is so close to Christmas, but I may still book it.  I have been doing a 12 night in January, February and March for the last couple of years, adding a 8 night to one to make a 20 night cruise.  

I was on the twelve nighter this past January and was disappointed next year's is only eleven nights. The missing port is Barbados. But I can understand why they dropped it. We were there on a Sunday, and except for the port area, nothing was open. There were at least four tours I wanted to take, but none were available because the sites themselves were closed. You would think RCCL could have changed their schedule to stop at a port that was open on Sunday.. It's not as if the ports were that far from each other, most are relatively close. Just my two cents.

24 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I was on the twelve nighter this past January and was disappointed next year's is only eleven nights. The missing port is Barbados. But I can understand why they dropped it. We were there on a Sunday, and except for the port area, nothing was open. There were at least four tours I wanted to take, but none were available because the sites themselves were closed. You would think RCCL could have changed their schedule to stop at a port that was open on Sunday.. It's not as if the ports were that far from each other, most are relatively close. Just my two cents.

I love Barbados for the beautiful beaches. My favorite island for going to the beach. (and with everything closed, it only takes a few minutes to get there - no traffic)

Edited by gaylemh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

YES, YES, YES!!!   We love the Oasis class but they just aren't long enough or interesting any longer.  Our bucket list is West Coast Tahiti RT, which Princess does a few times a year.  My dream would be to get an Oasis class on the west coast doing +10 days anywhere.  We love our days at sea.  The fav was TA Barbados to Marseille.  

Agree, that PCL itinerary sounds great especially for us west coaster's...I just wish I was a fan of PCL. Tried it and wanted so much to like it but something just seemed off as compared to my RCI.

18 hours ago, SET TO SAIL said:

We would love to see longer itineraries on Oasis class. Maybe someday...

Because of the size and the lack of tender ports, Oasis class ships will always have limits.

Many of you mention cruises in winter,probably depends on what you call winter but the reason given by RCI for dropping Halifax was that it was because the Atlantic can be rough in Winter,the cruise is April,since when has that been Winter,I have visions of Health & Safety banning all passengers from open waters & 11 day cruises from Port Liberty going up & down the Hudson,maybe not that far if it gets foggy!!!

I would like to see longer Canadian and New England cruises that include Newfoundland and down the St Lawrence and then back again to Boston or NYC etc.  To many 1 way trips that do not allow for return because of the PVA.

I did a great cruise out of Boston in 2012 on NCL and it did go to Newfoundland and was round trip.  I also think they should consider r/t from Boston to Newfoundland and Labrador and perhaps even Iceland.  Then come back to USA.

so many more choices for Northern routes I think could be had if they would just do it.