will I make the flight

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I think you should be OK.  The airport is so close you can see the port from there.  

I believe you are correct t and that the port and airport are about 10 minutes apart.

10 minutes ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

the airlines just changed my flight . They now have me leaving Ft. Lauderdale at 10 :06 am on a Sunday.We are on the Harmony

we will be doing self assist so I think there will be no issues & we have a ride lined up 

Jetblue changed our flight after our upcoming Harmony flight too.  You better be able to make a 10:06 because we now have a 9:48am 😄 and are planning to make it.

Have a back up plan..since the airlines made the switch make sure they put you on the next available flight going your way..............Should be no cost to you since the airline made the change. I wouldn't worry that much about it, they will get you home.

Edited by Jimbo

My personal best coming off Harmony had me at the gate, through security with a bag checked by 7:56am.  I have TSA Pre but lines weren't that bad at that time of day.

I was near the front of self assist.  I got up early, had breakfast and went to line up before the stated self assist times.  

I wouldn't plan on doing that well every time, but the stars aligned that day.  

Keep in mind delays happen for a number of reasons.  Weather, medical, customs, etc.  

10am is doable but not necessarily wise.  

We just got off the Adventure in Port Everglades 3 weeks ago. We had 9:47 flights so we wanted to get off the ship as early as possible. We chose to do self-assist debarkation. We arrived at the Lyric Theater (the staging point) at 6:30, they started letting people off at 7:02, we got to the cab stand at 7:20, and we were through security and at our gate at the airport at 7:43. I don't know how it could have gone any smoother.

4 hours ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

the airlines just changed my flight . They now have me leaving Ft. Lauderdale at 10 :06 am on a Sunday.We are on the Harmony

we will be doing self assist so I think there will be no issues & we have a ride lined up 

I'd get in the self-assist line about an hour before scheduled arrival.

Walk off and you should be fine.  We had a 10:15 flight out of FLL recently.  Now that was off the Edge which is faster on customs but in general walk off usually begins about 7pm.  You will be off the ship by 7:30 and through customs before 8:30.  It is a 15 min ride to FLL max.   I was at the airport before 8.  

You may need to take a regular cab or shuttle to airport. Uber’s had a 30 min wait on our trip.  

Walk off is really easy as long as you don’t overpack.   We take 1 XL rolling case each along with a backpack or carry on bag.  

I am pretty sure if needed for an early flight the desk will give you first batch luggage tags but we never wanted to take a chance on the bag not being ready.  

55 minutes ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

Man I thought I was rolling the dice but 9:30am you have to post how you did please .I leave april 28 for the cruise 

I’m on the same cruise. I have 3 children under 10 with me too. You’ll know how I did if you see a grown man crying at the JetBlue counter. 

Our flights were scheduled for 9:47. After reading several posts here I felt relatively confident that with self-assist debarkation, we would be able to make it. Imagine my angst when, on the day our cruise started we showed up at the pier at 11:15 to board and passengers were just getting off the ship! I don't know what the delay was but I was sure hoping it was a one time event and it would happen again the we got off. As I mentioned in post #9, everything worked out quite well.

3 minutes ago, George C said:

I believe key gets off with suites which is after self assist , we do suites and normally get off about 9am,

Nope Key can choose when to get off, and it makes it quick and your luggage will also be in a designated key location in the port.  We used it on Indy and when we said we had Key a crew member literally walked us past all the crowds and opened a secret door to the deck so we bypassed all the lines and fuss.  We also could have done self disembark but we had a terrific experience using Key and went from the MDR to dropping baggage at FLL in 25 minutes.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:13 PM, twangster said:

My personal best coming off Harmony had me at the gate, through security with a bag checked by 7:56am.  I have TSA Pre but lines weren't that bad at that time of day.

I was near the front of self assist.  I got up early, had breakfast and went to line up before the stated self assist times.  

I wouldn't plan on doing that well every time, but the stars aligned that day.  

Keep in mind delays happen for a number of reasons.  Weather, medical, customs, etc.  

10am is doable but not necessarily wise.  

Great to know.  We have an 8:45 flight on the Easter Harmony cruise..... hoping the stars will align!

We had a 10:20 am flight out of FLL. We were on Symphony which docks in Miami. We made it to FLL in spite of a traffic jam on 95 on a Sat morning due to road work. Our shuttle driver did some fancy manouvering to get us out of the jam. We still made it to the airport by 8:30. 

I have taken flights out of FLL at 9:45 several times over the past few years without any problems, however you need to be a bag dragger and get in the disembarkation line around 6.