Merged Topics - Server Errors

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

Actually, posting, "we hear you, we've reported it, but until the tech people look into it(next day, in two days, when they get back to work), we can't tell you why, or when it will be fixed".

So we know that someone heard us.

Agreed. A lot of people upset all over the forums, not all posted to this board. Especially since people are still overly critical after the software upgrade last year.

11 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything.....it seems like it's working better.

I didn't want to take that risk either - it has a habit of biting me on the backside. :classic_rolleyes:

But a couple of totally error-free days now, so it looks like time to say "thank you" to Laura and the techies.

Or is that the kiss of death? :classic_biggrin:

JB :classic_smile:

14 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything.....it seems like it's working better.

3 hours ago, John Bull said:

I didn't want to take that risk either - it has a habit of biting me on the backside. :classic_rolleyes:

But a couple of totally error-free days now, so it looks like time to say "thank you" to Laura and the techies.

Or is that the kiss of death? :classic_biggrin:

JB :classic_smile:

Same here!   Thanks Laura, Jenn, and everyone else!

• Like 1

@CC Help Jenn   I hate to say this, but after a week of working well, CC has just given me the dreaded Error 500 message, several times in the last ten minutes.  Just as was the case last Friday (which got worse over the weekend), the problem crops up not when I first open CC but when I attempt to click on the most recent post in a specific thread.   Is this the tech equivalent of the Friday flu?

I started a separate thread because the old Error 500 thread had been merged into "My SQL Server has gone away," a thread with 17,000 or so views, and I suspect that most folks who start getting Error 500 today may not think to post on a thread with the My SQL Server title.  But of course please merge this thread into that if it would be more appropriate. 

Thanks for the help!

@CC Help Jenn   I hate to say this, but after a week of working well, CC has just given me the dreaded Error 500 message, several times in the last ten minutes.  Just as was the case last Friday (which got worse over the weekend), the problem crops up not when I first open CC but when I attempt to click on the most recent post in a specific thread.   Is this the tech equivalent of the Friday flu?

I started a separate thread because the old Error 500 thread had been merged into "My SQL Server has gone away," a thread with 17,000 or so views, and I suspect that most folks who start getting Error 500 today may not think to post on a thread with the My SQL Server title.  But of course please merge this thread into that if it would be more appropriate. 

Thanks for the help!

Edited: when I hit "submit topic" to post this, I got the Error 500 message!!! 🤣   It took a bunch of reloads to post this!

Just now, CC Help Jenn said:

Thanks I am getting the error as well and have reported.  I will merge this but update the title 🙂

Thanks Jenn.  Please also delete my duplicate thread, which apparently posted even though I got the Error 500 message when I tried to post it.  

49 minutes ago, broberts said:

Is it a coincidence that the same issues arose last Friday?

One of my rules of life:  there are no coincidences.  😁

48 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

The tech team put out a fix so you should no longer be seeing the 500 errors

Of course please let us know if you notice otherwise

Happy Friday

Thanks so much, @CC Help Jenn Have a great weekend!

I hate to say this, but I had a couple of blank white screens last night (Saturday), and I just got an Error 500 message trying to open a specific thread (Sunday, May 26).  I hope this problem isn't starting up again...

@CC Help Jenn  besides the white screen and Error 500, in the past couple of hours some threads have lost their most recent posts, and I can see that my most recent notifications of followed threads have disappeared as well.  (That is, next to the bell icon, recent notifications that I saw a couple of hours ago are now gone.)  I deleted the CC cookies on my laptop and re-started it, but this made no difference.  The same problem is still there, and that's the case across all my devices and browsers.  (Windows 10 Laptop', Chrome and Edge), iPhone and iPad (Safari).   

By way of example, here's one thread that I am certain had more recent posts than the last one (number 488) that is showing now: