Anthem of the Seas - Music Hall

Can anyone comment on the type of music/ bands that play in the Music Hall on Anthem? Understand they are replacing Dazzles with the Music Hall on Oasis of the Seas. Always love Dazzles on the Oasis Ships. 

When we were on Anthem, there was a cover band in there one night. A DJ pretty much every night. Silent disco. A few other events. I think we stopped in there most nights at some point. Great venue. We really enjoyed it.

The blog post I read suggested the Music Hall on Oasis will be similar in function, including cover bands.

39 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

When we were on Anthem, there was a cover band in there one night. A DJ pretty much every night. Silent disco. A few other events. I think we stopped in there most nights at some point. Great venue. We really enjoyed it.

The blog post I read suggested the Music Hall on Oasis will be similar in function, including cover bands.

Thanks very much. I guess the great bands that we know from Dazzles will no longer be. 

Just off Anthem last week....I spent ALOT of time at Music Hall!  It was a hopping place at night and always hard to get seats.  U2 tribute band, LA Vations played there, Karaoke, and other music venues played there.  They had other activities like BINGO and other games.  I am sailing on Oasis next year, and was excited to see that they are putting in Music Hall!

17 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Thanks very much. I guess the great bands that we know from Dazzles will no longer be. 

When we were on the Oasis, we spent almost every evening in Dazzles because of the GREAT 6-man band that played there.  The problem was that Dazzles was TINY for a ship with 6000 pax!  If you didn't get there at least 30 minutes early, you couldn't get a seat, and the dance floor was big enough for about 10 people.

I think the Music Hall on the Anthem is about TWICE the size of Dazzles on the Oasis, and I'm hoping it will be that large on the Oasis.

One thing about tribute bands .... music is very repetitive , so if you are a fan of the band you will enjoy.

We had a journey tribute band on the anthem and while they were good I could only take so much of the high pitched singer . One show was more than enough for me .

There was also another band that played a variety of music and I liked them much more .

I always book on the 8th floor and every time I  passed by Dazzles it was usually packed in the evening .

I guess the music hall generates more revenue . Less dancers and more drinking .

For those that like Dazzles, I don't think there will be much change. Essentially, Music hall is a 2 story venue for music in the evening and activities during the day. The Tribute bands will be an excellent addition (IMO) if they go that route. On Anthem, the tribute band typically plays 2 nights in Music Hall (think night club dance atmosphere) and 1 night in 270 (think concert atmosphere), but obviously Oasis class does not have 270 so I'm not sure if how that same format will be followed.

As the above poster mentioned, it's a bit of a risk because you must like music from the original band. Typical tribute bands on ANthem have been, U2, Bon Jovi, Journey, Police, Beatles, etc... If you hit a week you like, score! 

I should also note that on evenings when the tribute band isn't playing, it's a typical house dance band. I suspect that will be the format with the change also.

We have also seen an amazing band called the Royal Swedes in the Music Hall on a couple of Anthem cruises.  They play a variety of music as well as perform a Karaoke show.  Hopefully, they will move to the Oasis once it starts sailing out of Bayonne.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Is there a list available which indicates which tribute bands are playing on what ship and when?

The cruise line does not publish such a list.

On 5/23/2019 at 10:52 AM, biffco said:

We have also seen an amazing band called the Royal Swedes in the Music Hall on a couple of Anthem cruises.  They play a variety of music as well as perform a Karaoke show.  Hopefully, they will move to the Oasis once it starts sailing out of Bayonne.

Royal Swedes are supposed to be coming back to Anthem in September and might be staying on the ship until April when she heads to dry dock.  My favorite house band on Anthem.  I have seen Led Zepagain, LA Vation, BeatleManics, Britians Finest, Fan Halen, DSB, Ressurection, Wanted, Pandora Box and Draw the LIne.  All great tribute bands on Anthem. They do 3 shows, 2 in the music hall and 1 in 270 and normally change each cruise.  They are in addition to the rock/dance band that plays in the music hall is usually of the ship for 3-6 months.

5 hours ago, gaylemh said:

Royal Swedes are supposed to be coming back to Anthem in September and might be staying on the ship until April when she heads to dry dock.  My favorite house band on Anthem.  I have seen Led Zepagain, LA Vation, BeatleManics, Britians Finest, Fan Halen, DSB, Ressurection, Wanted, Pandora Box and Draw the LIne.  All great tribute bands on Anthem. They do 3 shows, 2 in the music hall and 1 in 270 and normally change each cruise.  They are in addition to the rock/dance band that plays in the music hall is usually of the ship for 3-6 months.

What do Royal Swedes play? I am not really a tribute band fan......prefer the variety you get from Wild Boys who are UK RCI regulars.

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

What do Royal Swedes play? I am not really a tribute band fan......prefer the variety you get from Wild Boys who are UK RCI regulars.

ABBA I believe.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:28 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

As the above poster mentioned, it's a bit of a risk because you must like music from the original band. Typical tribute bands on ANthem have been, U2, Bon Jovi, Journey, Police, Beatles, etc... If you hit a week you like, score! 

Just to add, Aerosmith is also a regularly covered band (Draw the Line) on Anthem.

When we were on Anthem, ther was also Ballroom dancing, and other activities.  It is also where we had our Meet & Mingle gathering.  Our group we cruised with spent quite a bit of time in the Music Hall,  great venue.

dp

Edited by dpostman

On 6/16/2019 at 11:57 AM, dpostman said:

ABBA I believe.

Just to add, Aerosmith is also a regularly covered band (Draw the Line) on Anthem.

When we were on Anthem, ther was also Ballroom dancing, and other activities.  It is also where we had our Meet & Mingle gathering.  Our group we cruised with spent quite a bit of time in the Music Hall,  great venue.

dp

The Royal Swedes do a wide range of rock from the Beatles, Stones , Creedence, Springsteen, Dire Straits. They are the best band I have ever seen on a cruise ship. Don't miss them

P.S. They might do one Abba song but thats it

38 minutes ago, phbr said:

The Royal Swedes do a wide range of rock from the Beatles, Stones , Creedence, Springsteen, Dire Straits. They are the best band I have ever seen on a cruise ship. Don't miss them

P.S. They might do one Abba song but thats it

Sound like a great band.  Thanks for clarifying.  Dire Straits, in particular Mark Knoplfer has been my number 1 favorite since I was 14.

dp

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, philpcruiser said:

Is there a list available which indicates which tribute bands are playing on what ship and when?

I googled the different bands that were listed as known tribute bands on the Anthem and found their schedules, which told me LA Vation would be the tribute band on our Anthem cruise.....so you can try doing this!

1 hour ago, SuiteLady said:

I googled the different bands that were listed as known tribute bands on the Anthem and found their schedules, which told me LA Vation would be the tribute band on our Anthem cruise.....so you can try doing this!

Someone suggested I contact Rcl directly.  I did, they replied.  DSB will be on our cruise.

• Like 1