Say goodbye to the beautiful deck 11 Diamond club on Oasis of the Seas.

We were on Oasis last week, and were looking at the deckplan beside the lift.  My husband noticed "Izumi Diamond Lounge" on deck 4, but we knew the DL was on deck 11.  So we had a look at the deck 11 details, and it said "Wonderland" where the DL is currently. 

So the signs are already in place for Wonderland.  I wish I had taken a photo now!

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So it’s about drinking unlimited drinks in the lounge as well as 3 outside the DL. How is that good business for Royal?  How does it help the crowding?

Yes - I understand for many that it is the unlimited drinking.  I have no first hand knowledge because I am  not there often and when I am it is rarely for more than 45 minutes and would  have no  knowledge when folks arrived there  and how long they stayed after I left.   I did  recently speak to a  guy on Enchantment who bragged about how many drinks he had each evening.  Perhaps the staff waters down the drinks after the first 4 or 5. 

We  prefer the vouchers and have  since they were offered.  We've  met many wonderful cruisers  at bars  around the ship, some we still stay in touch with.  

Another posted stated that folks will crowd into a small room with free drinks ( and of course complain).    I don't understand it , but then again  I don't want to sit around for three hours ( or is  it 3 1/2 ) and see how much cheep wine  or liquor I can throw back.

M

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, *twinkle* said:

We were on Oasis last week, and were looking at the deckplan beside the lift.  My husband noticed "Izumi Diamond Lounge" on deck 4, but we knew the DL was on deck 11.  So we had a look at the deck 11 details, and it said "Wonderland" where the DL is currently. 

So the signs are already in place for Wonderland.  I wish I had taken a photo now!

Those  Wonderland signs have been on Oasis   for YEARS. 

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

Those signs have been there for YEARS. 

Well, my first thought was that it was OLD signage, but with this thread originally mentioning Wonderland being a future possibility, I assumed I had got it wrong.  

The "wonderland" signs have been there for years. I talked to an HD and he told me no "wonderland" but they might put more cabins there. When you look at the deck plans for 2020, it still has the diamond lounge on decks 11 and 12.

42 minutes ago, *twinkle* said:

I think those onboard signs have been there since last drydock. Something happened that prevented them from adding Wonderland. 

On 5/25/2019 at 4:56 PM, LXA350 said:

The restaurants of Jamie Oliver on land don't seem to be connected, since RCCL operates them as a franchise. Would be great though, so they could get ride of all of them and introduce again Giovanni's on all the ships it was removed from.

Or better yet, bring back Portofino's !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

If they allowed you to go to any bar, etc., instead of having a lounge, that would eliminate the crowd. Why would anyone be concerned about RCI business when you are paying for the perk unless you are a stock holder? 

RCI must be making money or else they would not be adding new ships. 

I don’t understand how your paying for a “perk” unless of course if your staying in Full Suite on Oasis Class ships?

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t understand how your paying for a “perk” unless of course if your staying in Full Suite on Oasis Class ships?

Maybe I am ole fashion. However, there is nothing that is free. You pay for in one way or the other. After cruising to become Diamond, Diamond+, etc., you paid for anything that RCI calls a perk. JMHO!!!

• Like 2

They tried to move the DL to a spot near the dining room on deck 4  and Wanderland on deck 11 however the DL would have now been accessible to wheelchairs so took Wanderlands place if they rearrange deck 4 to be like Harmony and symphony then Wanderland can go in to deck 11 and would offer better views then the Quantum Class Version 

On 5/28/2019 at 1:19 PM, parrotfeathers said:

RCL is determined to "encourage" Ds to get their drinks elsewhere during happy hour.  I believe they have followed a "plan" ever since the "get your drinks anywhere announcement" and we haven't seen the last of it.

An easy and slow way to introduce them to getting used to using drink vouchers outside the lounge exclusively?  😉 

22 hours ago, *twinkle* said:

Those signs have been there for a long time.  Bit of an "oops".  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

An easy and slow way to introduce them to getting used to using drink vouchers outside the lounge exclusively?  😉 

We just got off of the Adventure and they would request your Sea Pass even in the DL when you ordered your drink. If you ordered more than one drink, (DH & DW) they wanted two cards. They said it was for Inventory purposes. Never heard of inventorying individual drinks. Normally, it is done by the bottle. They have been using the vouchers (3 per evening) for quite some time now. Again, I think they should just allow each D, D+,  P to use their card during the HH times at any bar, etc. That would help solve the crowding, etc. JMHO!

17 minutes ago, Oxo said:

We just got off of the Adventure and they would request your Sea Pass even in the DL when you ordered your drink. If you ordered more than one drink, (DH & DW) they wanted two cards. They said it was for Inventory purposes. Never heard of inventorying individual drinks. Normally, it is done by the bottle. They have been using the vouchers (3 per evening) for quite some time now. Again, I think they should just allow each D, D+,  P to use their card during the HH times at any bar, etc. That would help solve the crowding, etc. JMHO!

They already do, including the dining rooms. 

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

They already do, including the dining rooms. 

You must have misunderstood what I said or I was not clear. 

My suggestion is to forget the 3 vouchers each night. Just allow D, D+, P to go to any bar, MDR, SR, buffet, etc., and get their drinks during the HH hours. Why use vouchers. 

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Without limiting the drinks via vouchers, one could make a whole lot of friends with free drinks. 

So, you are assuming that people would share their card with someone not authorized to use it? Then how would that differ if someone buys a Beverage package? That person could let someone else use their card.

Vouchers do not limit drinks Why not put a picture of the owner of the card  on the card? Just joking on the photo. However, that would eliminate someone using someone else's card. 

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

So, you are assuming that people would share their card with someone not authorized to use it? Then how would that differ if someone buys a Beverage package? That person could let someone else use their card.

Vouchers do not limit drinks Why not put a picture of the owner of the card  on the card? Just joking on the photo. However, that would eliminate someone using someone else's card. 

Your picture is on your card and they can see it when they scan your carf

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Your picture is on your card and they can see it when they scan your carf

I just checked my past 12 month RCI cruise cards,  6, and none of them have my picture. I don't recall seeing a photo being displayed on the individual registers when your card is scanned when you buy anything. I have seen my photo when entering and exiting ship. A waiter hands the card to the bartender to have the bartender scan three card. So,  a bartender doesn't always see the person offering the drink. 

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Beverage packages are expressly forbidden from being shared - with very few exceptions, D drinks are not. 

Seriously! LOL, you are not suppose to take drinks out of the DL, too.