Say goodbye to the beautiful deck 11 Diamond club on Oasis of the Seas.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I loved it.  Nothing really wrong with Giovanni's....I just liked the more formal set up of Portofinos.  And the food too.  

Both Portofino's and Giovanni's are better than Jamies.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, Host Clarea said:

Just looked back on some old bookings and saw we had a group rate on a Jewel transatlantic back in Nov 2017. One of the best prices we ever had for a transatlantic, JS was $1259pp (before taxes) for 13-nights, and from that they gave us $350 off for the balcony discount.

How do you get group rates? 

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I wonder if they are going to kick the D's out of the D lounge??😇🍸

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I would expect that in the not too distant future.

Why would RC care about how crowded the lounge is to point of limiting it to only D+ and above? Vouchers are available and if people still prefer to squeeze into a pretentious lounge for HH so be it. 

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Some specialty restaurant.

Besides Wonderland...which seems doubtful it will indeed go in there, (even though posted quite awhile ago on wall maps near the elevators) I can't think of a "pay to eat" venue that is not already on the Oasis?.   

21 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If and when that happens, I suspect they will change the name of the lounges  to remove the word Diamond. 

M

Or they will change the name of the loyalty level that is now Diamond so they can't use the Diamond Lounge!

On 5/25/2019 at 4:19 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Judging by the people enjoying the lounge on deck 4 on both the Symphony in March and the Harmony in May, it didn’t seem to be much of a problem. Everyone looked pretty happy. 

M

As overrated as the view was on deck 11, it was still a view. The last time we spent any time in a DL was on Rhapsody. It was never busy and we liked the concierge. It usually not our thing.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought it already had two floors? Isn't there a staircase going up to the second level?

If I remember right the 2nd floor is more like a giant loft. The could make it bigger by adding floor space.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It could be two spaces. Easy to put a floor in.

Good point....second floor space available.  They used to do Chef's Table up there (I think I remember), back when it was the CL.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought it already had two floors? Isn't there a staircase going up to the second level?

Yes, and I always wondered how the waiters could balance those trays of drinks to go up to the pax seated up there, that 2nd floor space (more of a loft actually) was never used as part of the lounge when it was a CL.  

Edited by island lady

15 minutes ago, Big_G said:

As overrated as the view was on deck 11, it was still a view. The last time we spent any time in a DL was on Rhapsody. It was never busy and we liked the concierge. It usually not our thing.

Was Alan there when you were on?  He recently changed from concierge in CL to the DL.   Love that view off the aft in the overflow area of the lounge.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Was Alan there when you were on?  He recently changed from concierge in CL to the DL.   Love that view off the aft in the overflow area of the lounge.  

Willie Salaya was the DL concierge and it was the 1st week of April. We met him when he was the CL concierge on Freedom a few years back.

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Something that produces consistent revenue

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Hmmm...indoor theme park?   A bingo parlor?  

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Some specialty restaurant.

Maybe a couple of Boardwalk "Panoramic View" (no balcony) staterooms? 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big_G said:

Willie Salaya was the DL concierge and it was the 1st week of April. We met him when he was the CL concierge on Freedom a few years back.

Wonder what happened to Alan?  Maybe back to the CL?

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

28 Concierge Lounge, upstairs - Chef's table area.JPG

29 Concierge Lounge, upstairs - cool lighting fixture.JPG

Nice pictures!  🙂  Was that indeed the loft area of the former CL on Oasis?  They must also use those cool silverware lights on Serenade, or could be one of the other ships....I have seen them before.  

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice pictures!  🙂  Was that indeed the loft area of the former CL on Oasis?  They must also use those cool silverware lights on Serenade, or could be one of the other ships....I have seen them before.  

Very common light fixture for Chef's table 

• Like 1