Say goodbye to the beautiful deck 11 Diamond club on Oasis of the Seas.

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

If it isn't Wonderland, which would be very suprising it might be a new concept Restaurant possibly. Also, it would be great if they will keep Giovanni's and not replace it with Jamie's

In my opinion, the Oasis Amplification announcement almost seemed incomplete. Because if the DL is moving, then something has to take its place, yet nothing was mentioned. Also surprised not to see Jamie's. 

Hooked could be another possibility for the former DL space.

All just speculation, of course. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you book directly into the group you do.  If you book outside of the group at FIT pricing  and move into the group you don’t. 

What's FIT?

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, when I first made Diamond 20+ years ago there wasnt even a Diamond Lounge...

No, but I really loved the "Diamond Events"....especially the one on Freedom.  We always had a great time, met some really nice folks that are still friends to this day.  🙂 

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, when I first made Diamond 20+ years ago there wasnt even a Diamond Lounge...

True, when I first made D we had access to the CL until that was taken away.  Guess I should be happy we have a lounge at all.

59 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

In my opinion, the Oasis Amplification announcement almost seemed incomplete. Because if the DL is moving, then something has to take its place, yet nothing was mentioned. Also surprised not to see Jamie's. 

Hooked could be another possibility for the former DL space.

All just speculation, of course. 

It was announced a couple of days ago that Jamie Oliver's UK restaurants are in bankruptcy and are mostly closing.  Not sure how that affects Jamie's Italian on RCCL.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Industry term for  prices available to the public. (Free independent traveller) not associated with a group.

Never knew there was a difference between booking independently and transferring into a group vs initially booking with the group.

I honestly dont understand these issues with balcony discounts at less than full value.  As far as I know, the only balcony discounts that have been adjusted down are when Laura has gone solo. 🤔

Heck, I even have one balcony discount on a 4 day Mariner this September that is double what it should be.  $300 on a std balcony 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Might be a good time to consider quitting cruising in favor of land vacas.  I'm just about the age to quit.  Don't like being promised things and then having them slip away.  In my book, that's lying.  Never thought I'd be saying that, but whatever!

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I honestly dont understand these issues with balcony discounts at less than full value.  As far as I know, the only balcony discounts that have been adjusted down are when Laura has gone solo. 🤔

The balcony discount is split between guest 1 and 2 and is reduced by the amount of the current promotion

on a $300 discount $150 each guest dut second guest is reduced by 50% with second guest at 1/2 price so only nets a$75 discount for a total discount of $225 instead of $300. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I booked seven cruises in just the last 2 weeks.  All of them had the full balcony discount.  No problem there.

But the ouch was the higher deposit.  500.00 for JS, 900.00 for the GS cabins I booked.  All non-refundable...and no OBC (booked direct online).   Ouch!!  $$$ 😮 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The balcony discount is split between guest 1 and 2 and is reduced by the amount of the current promotion

on a $300 discount $150 each guest dut second guest is reduced by 50% with second guest at 1/2 price so only nets a$75 discount for a total discount of $225 instead of $300. 

I get the math, but I dont see it done that way on our bookings

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Never knew there was a difference between booking independently and transferring into a group vs initially booking with the group.

Booking into the group gets you the group pricing and amenity.  Booking outside the group and transferring in gets you only the amenity.  In some cases when you transfer in they can adjust the price to the group rate however that is only if you are booked in a category that is held within the group.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I booked seven cruises in just the last 2 weeks.  All of them had the full balcony discount.  No problem there.

But the ouch was the higher deposit.  500.00 for JS, 900.00 for the GS cabins I booked.  All non-refundable...and no OBC (booked direct online).   Ouch!!  $$$ 😮 

Since it is often split, I seem to see our discounts to consistently be $1 higher. 😉

Laura's J1 for Ovation was only $100 deposit booked at Next Cruise

Edited by John&LaLa

1 minute ago, island lady said:

It shows on paper as the full discount however if you try booking without your balcony discount and you compare the 2 rates you will find you are not getting your full discount.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Might be a good time to consider quitting cruising in favor of land vacas.  I'm just about the age to quit.  Don't like being promised things and then having them slip away.  In my book, that's lying.  Never thought I'd be saying that, but whatever!

Why does it have to be just the one or the other? 🤔  Actually I do three types... Land Vacations (have them booked for upcoming Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, and wine country in Washington state).   "Land Yacht" cruising...spending the summer in Maine, the Fall in the Florida Keys and Spring on the Florida Panhandle beaches.  Cruise ship cruising completes the rest.  Love them all equally.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It shows on paper as the full discount however if you try booking without your balcony discount and you compare the 2 rates you will find you are not getting your full discount.  

Gotcha, I rarely check all the options.

I do check the difference between 2 in a JS vs 1 in a JS and 1 in an inside. That can work nicely

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's what I did on a couple of bookings.  Booked myself and transferred to my new favorite TA and went into his groups, 😇

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

That's what I did on a couple of bookings.  Booked myself and transferred to my new favorite TA and went into his groups, 😇

No issues with having a Non US TA?

My old TA has left the firm and I'm not digging her replacement 

Edited by John&LaLa

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I get the math, but I dont see it done that way on our bookings

I am booking more than 6 months out.  250.00 on the 7-9 night...350.00 on the over 10 night.  Is that still right?  

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

On the invoice it shows the full balcony discount but if you go down and do the math the 50% off or whatever they are currently offered is reduced by the balcony discount amount

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I am booking more than 6 months out.  250.00 on the 7-9 night...350.00 on the over 10 night.  Is that still right?  

I think so. I get an extra $25