Say goodbye to the beautiful deck 11 Diamond club on Oasis of the Seas.

I love the Oasis of the Seas and I've been cruising on it for the last 3 weeks. One of its main features I've enjoyed as a diamond, diamond plus and now Pinnacle is the beautiful diamond club on deck 11. When it goes into refurb the diamond club will relocated on deck 4.

IMG_20190525_070000.jpg

IMG_20190525_065952.jpg

IMG_20190525_065945.jpg

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Wondering what RCL loyalty will take away from Diamond Plus next? Little by little making it less likely to remain loyal. 

They are dimininishing the balcony discount quite effectively.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Gotta get you TA to put you into a group...you always get the full discount.

Unfortunately, we don't often find JS category available at group rates.

Also, are you saying that group rates don't do the fake discounts?

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Unfortunately, we don't often find JS category available at group rates.

Also, are you saying that group rates don't do the fake discounts?

True about the Junior suites, I forgot those were your favourite.

group pricing is net of the promotions so the fares are identical for guests 1 and 2 with no promotional  discounts applied so you get the full balcony discount. 

It works out really well for D+ with 340 points travelling solo.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

group pricing is net of the promotions so the fares are identical for guests 1 and 2 with no promotional  discounts applied so you get the full balcony discount. 

It's been so rare that we get a JS group rate that I never noticed that Royal didn't play the fake discount game on those rates.  Very good to know.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

It's been so rare that we get a JS group rate that I never noticed that Royal didn't play the fake discount game on those rates.  Very good to know.

I’m not sure what they did for group rates prior to 2018 however from 2018 to April of 2020 group rates were not available on JS and above.  With the new itineraries released starting in May 2021 there are a few ships that do have group rates for JS (Oasis and Allure are the 2 that I found). 

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes it does😇🍺

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m not sure what they did for group rates prior to 2018 however from 2018 to April of 2020 group rates were not available on JS and above.  With the new itineraries released starting in May 2021 there are a few ships that do have group rates for JS (Oasis and Allure are the 2 that I found). 

Just looked back on some old bookings and saw we had a group rate on a Jewel transatlantic back in Nov 2017. One of the best prices we ever had for a transatlantic, JS was $1259pp (before taxes) for 13-nights, and from that they gave us $350 off for the balcony discount.

• Like 2

Actually the DL on deck 11 was formerly the CL (and one of the best CLs in the fleet! 🙂 ) and the original very small  DL was down over the Promenade with cocktails served in Blaze during happy hour.  D+ invited in CL on deck 11 the  with suites as usual.  Then of course that changed when they added the SL on 17 and replaced the CL with the larger (and much needed extra space) DL.      

Knew that was only temporary with that nice roomy lounge 😞 .  Still not sure if Wonderland is going in there?  LA on board last cruise was not sure either...but rumor was it was not going in due to lack of real attendance on ships that have it.  Anyone know for sure what is going in there?  

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

They are dimininishing the balcony discount quite effectively.

That’s for sure. Now with bidding we also are losing our free upgrades, as stated if available. 

2 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

That’s for sure. Now with bidding we also are losing our free upgrades, as stated if available. 

The sweet and beautiful upgrade fairy was slayed by the Upbid Demon.  👹 RIP  sweet freebie fairy.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

If it isn't Wonderland, which would be very suprising it might be a new concept Restaurant possibly. Also, it would be great if they will keep Giovanni's and not replace it with Jamie's

• Like 2