Say goodbye to the beautiful deck 11 Diamond club on Oasis of the Seas.

I believe Allure is still doing it up there.  Oasis may have messed up whatever facilities were up on 12 during drydock. 

IMG_2737.thumb.JPG.394969447fc59e023d2dd534ed9df1a8.JPG

Allure also uses that space for staging room service, possibly 

IMG_2738.thumb.JPG.c6fefeb9ab1799c18863a44a8ee6d8d2.JPG

FWIW, Allure's DL is slightly different than Oasis.  I think it lays out better. More space in lower section by window.

IMG_2734.thumb.JPG.427d9712009c4c7e504605471e5a8e39.JPG

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How’s that?

Just a guess. There may be some sort of food prep area up there.  I think that is how they were going to do Wonderland.  My assumption is they ripped it out when they tried to put Wonderland in

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Just a guess. There may be some sort of food prep area up there.  I think that is how they were going to do Wonderland.  My assumption is they ripped it out when they tried to put Wonderland in

You mean the previous dry dock prior to the Bahamas issue?

you don’t think they can fix it all on next drydock?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You mean the previous dry dock prior to the Bahamas issue?

you don’t think they can fix it all on next drydock?

Yes, the one in 2014 when they tried to do Wonderland up there.  They ran into problems and could not figure it out.

BTW, the DL was temporarily on Deck 4 in MDR space opposite Izumi.  That did not work out either.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Wonder what happened to Alan?  Maybe back to the CL?

I believe he was on vacation. Willy had only been there three weeks and KK (Kumar) was the suite concierge.

21 hours ago, island lady said:

Besides Wonderland...which seems doubtful it will indeed go in there, (even though posted quite awhile ago on wall maps near the elevators) I can't think of a "pay to eat" venue that is not already on the Oasis?.   

Maybe a brand new specialty restaurant.

I was told during my three weeks on the Oasis that most likely they will put cabins where the diamond club is now.  I would guess they could probably put at least three nice loft suites  within the space of the two-story diamond club .  But, they would have to replace the plastic windows with Glass so the view would be much better .

Thanking of nice lounges with windows, I remember when I was on the Celebrity Equinox I would pass by Michael’s club  several times a day on my way to the Blu restaurant.  I remember two things about Michael’s club. First there was no one there, second it had no windows. Thinking back, that’s probably why there was no one inside Michael’s club .  To get into Michael’s club you either had to have a grand suite or be Zenith level . 

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Very common light fixture for Chef's table 

Yeah, figured that may be the case...though I don't remember it on Oasis deck 17?  Saw it at one of our favorite restaurants in the Caymans also.  

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe Allure is still doing it up there.  Oasis may have messed up whatever facilities were up on 12 during drydock. 

Allure also uses that space for staging room service, possibly 

IMG_2738.thumb.JPG.c6fefeb9ab1799c18863a44a8ee6d8d2.JPG

FWIW, Allure's DL is slightly different than Oasis.  I think it lays out better. More space in lower section by window.

Yeah, that's what I remember the loft area in the original CL on Oasis to look like.  Staging and supplies, then later did the Chef's table set up.  I don't really like the Chef's table location on 17 on Oasis, it's all open to the SL and CK.  Not really a "private event" set up.  I think it was you that told me they could not preset the fancy wine glasses any longer, pax from the SL were stealing them.  😞 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Big_G said:

I believe he was on vacation. Willy had only been there three weeks and KK (Kumar) was the suite concierge.

Kumar in the CL was the one that tried to temporarily kick D+ out of the CL when he first took that position.  The howling noise made him change his mind.  😉  We prefer the roomier DL overflow in the lounge anyway, and love that Alan had moved down there.  Hoping he will indeed be back on when we return in February.  

Edited by island lady

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Kumar in the CL was the one that tried to temporarily kick D+ out of the CL when he first took that position.  The howling noise made him change his mind.  😉  We prefer the roomier DL overflow in the lounge anyway, and love that Alan had moved down there.  Hoping he will indeed be back on when we return in February.  

Wasn't aware of that about Kumar. We're not big lounge people but we always check them out. When we stumbled on Willy in the DL we decided to come back. It helped knowing they have Captain Morgan now. 😁

On 5/25/2019 at 9:08 AM, LBumb said:

Deck four stinks for DL

I'm not a Diamond but did sail GS on the Symphony a few weeks ago.  It took me to the 6th day to even notice the DL lounge tucked way down on Deck #4.  What a horrible spot for a lounge.  Might as well put it on Deck #0 with a view of the ocean floor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

I'm not a Diamond but did sail GS on the Symphony a few weeks ago.  It took me to the 6th day to even notice the DL lounge tucked way down on Deck #4.  What a horrible spot for a lounge.  Might as well put it on Deck #0 with a view of the ocean floor.

Yeah, one of the smallest DLs...on the largest ships.  😞  And to compound the matter, those ships have torn out the CL, so now D+ kicked back to the DL making it even more crowded.   

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, one of the smallest DLs...on the largest ships.  😞  And to compound the matter, those ships have torn out the CL, so now D+ kicked back to the DL making it even more crowded.   

RCL is determined to "encourage" Ds to get their drinks elsewhere during happy hour.  I believe they have followed a "plan" ever since the "get your drinks anywhere announcement" and we haven't seen the last of it.

17 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

RCL is determined to "encourage" Ds to get their drinks elsewhere during happy hour.  I believe they have followed a "plan" ever since the "get your drinks anywhere announcement" and we haven't seen the last of it.

That started out as a good plan but as usual sometimes Royal is it's own worst enemy.  They started allowing people to use the vouchers in the MDR so instead of using them in the bars INSTEAD of in the DL people still go to the DL and then use the vouchers in the dining room

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why not just limit all Diamond drinks to 3 period regardless of lounge used?

Why? That would really be a big cutback. Instead, let that time period be on your sea pass and allow us to use it at any bar,  MDR, buffet/Specialty Restaurants.

13 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Why? That would really be a big cutback. Instead, let that time period be on your sea pass and allow us to use it at any bar,  MDR, buffet/Specialty Restaurants.

So it’s about drinking unlimited drinks in the lounge as well as 3 outside the DL. How is that good business for Royal?  How does it help the crowding?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

27 minutes ago, Oxo said:

The C&A HH voucher drinks currently only can be used during the C&A HH and can be used in the dining rooms, lounges/bars, buffet, theater. 

Edited by davekathy

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So it’s about drinking unlimited drinks in the lounge as well as 3 outside the DL. How is that good business for Royal?  How does it help the crowding?

If they allowed you to go to any bar, etc., instead of having a lounge, that would eliminate the crowd. Why would anyone be concerned about RCI business when you are paying for the perk unless you are a stock holder? 

RCI must be making money or else they would not be adding new ships.