Say goodbye to the beautiful deck 11 Diamond club on Oasis of the Seas.

44 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I just checked my past 12 month RCI cruise cards,  6, and none of them have my picture. I don't recall seeing a photo being displayed on the individual registers when your card is scanned when you buy anything. I have seen my photo when entering and exiting ship. A waiter hands the card to the bartender to have the bartender scan three card. So,  a bartender doesn't always see the person offering the drink. 

Yes your picture is on your card. I've seen many people busted trying to use someone else's card. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Yes your picture is on your card. I've seen many people busted trying to use someone else's card. 

Are you talking about the Cruise card that you get when you board the ship? I have a collection of them over the past 33 years and do not see any photo on any of them. I see on the front of the sea pass:

Passenger Name

Ship Name

Account

Dining

Status Diamond+ Debark 

Assembly station

On the back of the card is Bar Code and some info such as In case of Emergency.

NO PHOTO

Just got off of the Adventure OTS and have 2 cards since we were on a B2B. 

6 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Are you talking about the Cruise card that you get when you board the ship? I have a collection of them over the past 33 years and do not see any photo on any of them. I see on the front of the sea pass:

Passenger Name

Ship Name

Account

Dining

Status Diamond+ Debark 

Assembly station

NO PHOTO

Your photo is embedded in the card. 

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Passenger Name

Ship Name

Account

Dining

Status Diamond+ Debark 

Assembly station

NO PHOTO

Not actually on the face of the card but when it is swiped your picture comes up on the screen.

15 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Passenger Name

Ship Name

Account

Dining

Status Diamond+ Debark 

Assembly station

NO PHOTO

The next cruise that you're on when you have your card swiped ask to see your picture. They'll show it to you. It's no secret. 

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

You must have misunderstood what I said or I was not clear. 

My suggestion is to forget the 3 vouchers each night. Just allow D, D+, P to go to any bar, MDR, SR, buffet, etc., and get their drinks during the HH hours. Why use vouchers. 

So, it appears your saying unlimited drinks at any bar or locations during HH?

39 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So, it appears your saying unlimited drinks at any bar or locations during HH?

How would this be any different than sitting in the DL during the HH? I thought people were talking about the crowding in the DL and how to reduce that? 

1 hour ago, Retired LEO said:

The next cruise that you're on when you have your card swiped ask to see your picture. They'll show it to you. It's no secret. 

I will do that. I have never had a reason to validate that. However, will do so on our Symphony OTS cruise coming up. 

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

You must have misunderstood what I said or I was not clear. 

My suggestion is to forget the 3 vouchers each night. Just allow D, D+, P to go to any bar, MDR, SR, buffet, etc., and get their drinks during the HH hours. Why use vouchers. 

Crystal clear now.  Celebrity has unlimited CC HH voucher drinks loaded on our Seapass card to be used during the the CC HH (5:00 PM to 7:00 PM) in the other bars except the World Class Bar and the dining rooms. Plus you can drink in the Sky Lounge during the CC HH (5 to 7). It's not one or the other. Some of us still enjoy the DL and CL. Timing is everything. 

Edited by davekathy

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Crystal clear now.  Celebrity has unlimited CC HH voucher drinks loaded on our Seapass card to be used during the the CC HH (5:00 PM to 7:00 PM) in the other bars except the World Class Bar and the dining rooms. Plus you can drink in the Sky Lounge during the CC HH (5 to 7). It's not one or the other. Some of us still enjoy the DL and CL. Timing is everything. 

Thanks for the updated info on Celebrity. Have not been on Celebrity for a year.

When did they change the HH vouchers from 3/night to unlimited? This is really great. Surprised that RCI has not done the same thing since RCI is the parent of Celebrity. 

6 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks for the updated info on Celebrity. Have not been on Celebrity for a year.

When did they change the HH vouchers from 3/night to unlimited? This is really great. Surprised that RCI has not done the same thing since RCI is the parent of Celebrity. 

February 2019. 

20 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Without limiting the drinks via vouchers, one could make a whole lot of friends with free drinks. 

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

Apparently, RCCL trusts its Celebrity cruisers more than its RCI cruisers not to be procuring drinks for friends during happy hour? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently, RCCL trusts its Celebrity cruisers more than its RCI cruisers not to be procuring drinks for friends during happy hour? 

It took years. 

Edited by davekathy

53 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Old people can't drink that much.....🤔

I think there are some who can drink the entire happy hour in the DL as one couple that sat with us,  told us how they never buy a drink on the ship as they "plant" themselves in the lounge from 3:45 on so they are ready for the happy hour and stay until the end.

They were drinking  martinis and we were there for about an hour, and we had 2 drinks, they had 3 and were still going.  They were older than I am and that's saying something!  They were retired, living in FL and told us they had happy hour nightly at home.  They then pointed out others who were in the DL every night for the whole time just as they were.

4 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I think there are some who can drink the entire happy hour in the DL as one couple that sat with us,  told us how they never buy a drink on the ship as they "plant" themselves in the lounge from 3:45 on so they are ready for the happy hour and stay until the end.

They were drinking  martinis and we were there for about an hour, and we had 2 drinks, they had 3 and were still going.  They were older than I am and that's saying something!  They were retired, living in FL and told us they had happy hour nightly at home.  They then pointed out others who were in the DL every night for the whole time just as they were.

Sounds like my kind of couple!  😄   Though we usually don't show up until "magic hour" when first seating traditional dinner has started, which clears out the lounge..frees up a lot of seats.  We do MTD around 7 pm....so it works well for us.  

Edited by island lady

On 5/30/2019 at 3:49 PM, LMaxwell said:

Where's the couple that claimed they loved the inside closet, windowless diamond lounge on deck 4?  

Don't forget, also can't use Viking Crown lounge anymore. 

I can.