Say goodbye to the beautiful deck 11 Diamond club on Oasis of the Seas.

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No issues with having a Non US TA?

My old TA has left the firm and I'm not digging her replacement 

None at all.  They treat North America as one business unit and agents both North and South of the border can sell in either currency. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am booking more than 6 months out.  250.00 on the 7-9 night...350.00 on the over 10 night.  Is that still right?  

Here’s a couple of images showing you how their pricing is deceiving.  This is in Cdn so my balcony discount is $300.

you can see the difference between the fare with/ without the balcony discount is $164. Partly due to not being able to get the instant discount but that’s only $132 of it.

5B8F55DE-0CDF-44DF-89E6-A1F53024F7A0.jpeg

6DFA52CE-6452-48FB-BEBB-7B8F000FBC24.png

17 minutes ago, molly361 said:

On the invoice it shows the full balcony discount but if you go down and do the math the 50% off or whatever they are currently offered is reduced by the balcony discount amount

Sneaky creative math.  Yikes.   😮  😡

Oh well, the ones I have booked have all gone up already.  The Alaska cruise dramatically to the tune of 1500.00 increase...glad I booked when I did.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It shows on paper as the full discount however if you try booking without your balcony discount and you compare the 2 rates you will find you are not getting your full discount.  

Definitely not getting full balcony discount. Have to do mock bookings with & without your C&A number, only then you can see what your balcony discount really is. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m not sure what they did for group rates prior to 2018 however from 2018 to April of 2020 group rates were not available on JS and above.  With the new itineraries released starting in May 2021 there are a few ships that do have group rates for JS (Oasis and Allure are the 2 that I found). 

Even November 8 2020 onward have JS Group Rates on OA

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

True, when I first made D we had access to the CL until that was taken away.  Guess I should be happy we have a lounge at all.

Yeah miss those days. At most 6-10 Diamonds on a sailing, highest Tier at the time. Formal Gathering with all Senior Officers. Was always in first 10 off the ship. Took my Father In Law in 1998 and they pushed him in wheelchair all they way to our car...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I honestly dont understand these issues with balcony discounts at less than full value.  As far as I know, the only balcony discounts that have been adjusted down are when Laura has gone solo. 🤔

Heck, I even have one balcony discount on a 4 day Mariner this September that is double what it should be.  $300 on a std balcony 

Just check my next 4 cruises, all Solo, all 10-16niters got $350 off Balcony, only one was 'Reduced"

4 hours ago, LXA350 said:

If it isn't Wonderland, which would be very suprising it might be a new concept Restaurant possibly. Also, it would be great if they will keep Giovanni's and not replace it with Jamie's

I am pretty sure it won’t be replaced with Jamie’s - it collapsed. 😳

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48393912

Edited by 2Beeze

7 hours ago, LBumb said:

Deck four stinks for DL

Judging by the people enjoying the lounge on deck 4 on both the Symphony in March and the Harmony in May, it didn’t seem to be much of a problem. Everyone looked pretty happy. 

M

1 hour ago, 2Beeze said:

I am pretty sure it won’t be replaced with Jamie’s - it collapsed. 😳

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48393912

The restaurants of Jamie Oliver on land don't seem to be connected, since RCCL operates them as a franchise. Would be great though, so they could get ride of all of them and introduce again Giovanni's on all the ships it was removed from.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Judging by the people enjoying the lounge on deck 4 on both the Symphony in March and the Harmony in May, it didn’t seem to be much of a problem. Everyone looked pretty happy. 

M

Free drinks and free food, Royal could put the lounge on deck 0 beside  the engine room and they would still show up. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Free drinks and free food, Royal could put the lounge on deck 0 beside  the engine room and they would still show up. 😁

agreed!  I can't believe people complain about WHERE they get free drinks, lovely continental breakfast, specialty coffees, evening appetizers, concierge services and have a nice place to sit and speak to friends.

Can't be next to the engine room as RCCL charges to see that! :classic_smile:

M

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

LOL

Of our 7 Oasis class cruises Symphony was the first where they opened the overflow lounge even when people were being turned away from the lounge on deck 11 on Oasis and Allure.  I think that opening the overflow will be easier as it’s next door as opposed to decks away.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

33 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

agreed!  I can't believe people complain about WHERE they get free drinks, lovely continental breakfast, specialty coffees, evening appetizers, concierge services and have a nice place to sit and speak to friends.

M

Booked deck 11 on the Oasis for October 2020 to be close to the Diamond Lounge. Not the point of where to get free drinks but rather convenience. 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

No, but I really loved the "Diamond Events"....especially the one on Freedom.  We always had a great time, met some really nice folks that are still friends to this day.  🙂 

Yes, same here. But as go on longer cruises where they are now either too crowded or as with the Cruise Critic gatherings too early in Day/Cruise

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

That's what I did on a couple of bookings.  Booked myself and transferred to my new favorite TA and went into his groups, 😇

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No issues with having a Non US TA?

My old TA has left the firm and I'm not digging her replacement 

It is very unfortunate that we can't openly talk about TAs like in earlier days. Those discussions were so helpful and informative.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is very unfortunate that we can't openly talk about TAs like in earlier days. Those discussions were so helpful and informative.

Agreed. 

I have no idea what "booking into a group" means. I travel with DW, not with a group. And yet, I can preserve my balcony discount if I book a group rate via a TA?????

Here's a great screenshot of a group rate.  This is Symphony April 5th, 2020.  Far left is current rate with current promo and NRD, middle is a group rate, as you can see about $600 to $700 cheaper per person and a refundable deposit plus you would get your full C&A discount and a $50 obc from the group.  Not all group rates are this fantastic but you certainly can find them.  And again not all categories are available in the group, but this is where you could book a category thats not in the group at regular rates and move it in to the group and get the extra $50 obc.

symp.jpg

16 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Wondering what RCL loyalty will take away from Diamond Plus next? Little by little making it less likely to remain loyal. 

Don't worry, they are not taking away the free HH  drinks from you, just relocating it while making sure the general public gets a nice view.....as long as they pay a few $$$ for whatever restaurant ends up there.

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed. 

I have no idea what "booking into a group" means. I travel with DW, not with a group. And yet, I can preserve my balcony discount if I book a group rate via a TA?????

Booking into a group just means you're buying the cabin from the block of rooms that a T/A reserved.  Most of the time you dont even know you're booking into a group. 🙂

6 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Here's a great screenshot of a group rate.  This is Symphony April 5th, 2020.  Far left is current rate with current promo and NRD, middle is a group rate, as you can see about $600 to $700 cheaper per person and a refundable deposit plus you would get your full C&A discount and a $50 obc from the group.  Not all group rates are this fantastic but you certainly can find them.  And again not all categories are available in the group, but this is where you could book a category thats not in the group at regular rates and move it in to the group and get the extra $50 obc.

symp.jpg

Not sure if you’ve got access to group space on RH Feb 2, 2021but balconies are $2500 cheaper.