Turning Pinnacle

3 hours ago, Rocket3D said:

We turned Pineapple on an Indy cruise recently.

I say turned because the exact day was the third

day of the cruise.

I requested, and received, concierge's help to

allow us to be 'recognized' on our next cruise,

which was Allure, three weeks later.

It was a good decision.

Our exact points caught up to us 10 days later

on the C&A website, and it said Pinnacle Club, yeahh!

So we were official and received Pinnacle cards when

boarding. Concierge was wonderful. Recognition

was day 2, at C&A event, Aqua Theater.

We were treated to gifts, lunch at Captains table,

discussion of benefits, Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge,

behind-the-scenes tours....awesome, WOW.

The other end of the spectrum is if you become

Pineapple on a short cruise, say 3 days on Navigator,

or on Empress. They may not 'celebrate and recognize'

new pinnacles....is what they said.

In fact I received a printed sheet on Indy (5 nt cruise)

specifically saying that changes to new levels of

C&A tiers would not take effect until the official points

are posted on your C&A web page.

IMHO, leave 2 weeks between actual day you

turn pinnacle (you will certainly know, ha) and

your next cruise...so official points tally up.

AGREE...each ship is different, short cruises, smallest

ships, may not be staffed, or equipped, or have the

time to organize your 'recognition'.... even on your

first official pinnacle cruise.

Bottom line for us was (being pro-active) to get the

concierges involved on the cruise before, during, and

planning your 'official' recognition. 

Reread this last sentence, lol!

Hope it goes well!

We turned Pinnacle on the last night of a  three  night Enchantment which was the first leg of a  B2B2B.   There was  no top tier or loyalty party on the three night.     We were on the following 4 night sailing so we were recognized  then at the captain's welcome held in the Centrum.    Had we not been on the next sailing, we were told we  would have had a staged photo op with the Captain,  Hotel Director and the LA.   The recognition event was very nice but we really just wanted the  photo so it would have been OK, had we not planned to be on the  B2B2B.  

We were given gold cards and  the WIFI codes the second day of the actual Pinnacle cruise ( first leg of B2B2B) , but it really didn't matter as we had enough D+ Wi-Fi to cover  the cruise.  Gold card gave us  breakfast in Chops ( we had access because of our accommodations) and access to the now defunct special cabana/suite/pinnacle lunch area on Coco Cay.  We had gold cards for the immediate B2B2B.

M

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahh..thanks...but it is still so far away.  Over a year from now, just started counting up the points from the cruises I have booked and found that it came to 700 on Grandeur.  At least it is booked, now...hopefully will actually make it there.  😮😉 

Oh, I thought it was this September. (congrats anyway)    I am sailing Grandeur in early September and hoped to see your ceremony!

Lots can change between now than then.  I hope all your planning works out.   

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Ahh..thanks...but it is still so far away.  Over a year from now, just started counting up the points from the cruises I have booked and found that it came to 700 on Grandeur.  At least it is booked, now...hopefully will actually make it there.  😮😉 

I think they have posted just about everything you need to know. I just found out when we were on the Allure 05/19/19 that you can postpone your graduation celebration. We made it on the Rhapsody last year and it was great We were invited to the meal with an officer (which is absolutely great), recognized during the top tier party (we asked "Super Mario" to be in out picture) They did not give us internet, or golds cards etc. till the next cruise. It will take about 2 weeks till you get your Pinnacle package with everything but your badges which come separately. Make sure when you get close to talk to either a loyalty ambassador or C&A to tell them how you want your names on the badges.

You will love the extra attention you will get from the crew. They really appreciate your loyalty (we don't abuse the privilege but do enjoy it). C&A will let you book your "free cruise" before you have made pinnacle as long as you make pinnacle before final payment is due.

PS   Welcome to our growing family

Edited by rt1092

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Oh, I thought it was this September. (congrats anyway)    I am sailing Grandeur in early September and hoped to see your ceremony!

Lots can change between now than then.  I hope all your planning works out.   

M

Me too.  Life has a way to throw you curve balls at times....but hopefully will enjoy a nice cruise on Grandeur next year as long as all goes well.  Have 8 cruises booked before then to enjoy first.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

35 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

I think they have posted just about everything you need to know. I just found out when we were on the Allure 05/19/19 that you can postpone your graduation celebration. We made it on the Rhapsody last year and it was great We were invited to the meal with an officer (which is absolutely great), recognized during the top tier party (we asked "Super Mario" to be in out picture) They did not give us internet, or golds cards etc. till the next cruise. It will take about 2 weeks till you get your Pinnacle package with everything but your badges which come separately. Make sure when you get close to talk to either a loyalty ambassador or C&A to tell them how you want your names on the badges.

You will love the extra attention you will get from the crew. They really appreciate your loyalty (we don't abuse the privilege but do enjoy it). C&A will let you book your "free cruise" before you have made pinnacle as long as you make pinnacle before final payment is due.

PS   Welcome to our growing family

Thanks for the info! 🙂 It is still a long way off...but at least it is scheduled.  😉   

7 hours ago, Rocket3D said:

We turned Pineapple on an Indy cruise recently.

I say turned because the exact day was the third

day of the cruise.

I requested, and received, concierge's help to

allow us to be 'recognized' on our next cruise,

which was Allure, three weeks later.

It was a good decision.

Our exact points caught up to us 10 days later

on the C&A website, and it said Pinnacle Club, yeahh!

So we were official and received Pinnacle cards when

boarding. Concierge was wonderful. Recognition

was day 2, at C&A event, Aqua Theater.

We were treated to gifts, lunch at Captains table,

discussion of benefits, Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge,

behind-the-scenes tours....awesome, WOW.

The other end of the spectrum is if you become

Pineapple on a short cruise, say 3 days on Navigator,

or on Empress. They may not 'celebrate and recognize'

new pinnacles....is what they said.

In fact I received a printed sheet on Indy (5 nt cruise)

specifically saying that changes to new levels of

C&A tiers would not take effect until the official points

are posted on your C&A web page.

IMHO, leave 2 weeks between actual day you

turn pinnacle (you will certainly know, ha) and

your next cruise...so official points tally up.

AGREE...each ship is different, short cruises, smallest

ships, may not be staffed, or equipped, or have the

time to organize your 'recognition'.... even on your

first official pinnacle cruise.

Bottom line for us was (being pro-active) to get the

concierges involved on the cruise before, during, and

planning your 'official' recognition. 

Reread this last sentence, lol!

Hope it goes well!

Congratulations on Pinnacle!  We were just talking about you today!  Jim and I decided to book a short cruise out of FLL to "visit" the MJ in November, and are planning to go on the Cozumel Bar Hop! Can't think about that without thinking of you!  Hope you and Robbin are both doing well!

4 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Congratulations on Pinnacle!  We were just talking about you today!  Jim and I decided to book a short cruise out of FLL to "visit" the MJ in November, and are planning to go on the Cozumel Bar Hop! Can't think about that without thinking of you!  Hope you and Robbin are both doing well!

Hi Paula and Jim,

Thanks! All good here.

We will be in Coz 11/7, 11/11, and 11/23, 2019

... but not on MJ, bummer....

Oh, bunch of FoHos cruising on Jan 24, 2020, Indy.

We'll be celebrating my 50th Hop. Cheers!

Edited by Rocket3D

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, stompy said:

I did the math and we'll be Pinnacle when I'm 98

I did the math a few years ago and I was on the same schedule. But circumstances and times change. And we are now at 837 points and chasing our second free cruise at 1050, and then double P. 

Congrats and welcome to all the new and soon to be Pinnacles.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:43 PM, island lady said:

I am turning on the very last day on Grandeur.  Not sure how that is going to work?  🤔

Anyone have experience with that ship on the turning point?  

Yes, when we turned Pinnacle a few years ago it was on Grandeur. We had been on the ship 2 months earlier and asked the LA what we were supposed to do. So upon embarking we went immediately to the LA and he took our sea pass cards and replaced them with the Gold card. We got the wifi code, invitation to the Pinnacle Dinner, entrance to the suite area on Coco Cay (when it was still there!) and a nice recognition at the Top Tier Party. Only thing we did not get (because we all forgot about it) was an invite to the Suite/Pinnacle Party. But that was no big deal...

Keep in mind that every ship does things differently and even every LA too. We recently saw that one couple got no recognition and on another ship the couple got the recognition but nothing else. They were very upset that there was no invitation to the dinner! They made such a big stink about it that the ship gave them a dinner in one of the specialty restaurants.

I find if you go into a situation with NO expectations you'll never be disappointed and most often pleasantly surprised!

Teri 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green Recruit said:

Yes, when we turned Pinnacle a few years ago it was on Grandeur. We had been on the ship 2 months earlier and asked the LA what we were supposed to do. So upon embarking we went immediately to the LA and he took our sea pass cards and replaced them with the Gold card. We got the wifi code, invitation to the Pinnacle Dinner, entrance to the suite area on Coco Cay (when it was still there!) and a nice recognition at the Top Tier Party. Only thing we did not get (because we all forgot about it) was an invite to the Suite/Pinnacle Party. But that was no big deal...

Keep in mind that every ship does things differently and even every LA too. We recently saw that one couple got no recognition and on another ship the couple got the recognition but nothing else. They were very upset that there was no invitation to the dinner! They made such a big stink about it that the ship gave them a dinner in one of the specialty restaurants.

I find if you go into a situation with NO expectations you'll never be disappointed and most often pleasantly surprised!

Teri 😁

Wow...nice!  That was the biggest reason I wanted to turn on a smaller ship.  The little ships really seem to enjoy doing up a grand event for it.  Noticed that on sister ship Rhapsody for one of our CC friends.  They really knew how to treat her special.  Another friend chose MJ...really nice party on that one also.  

Have heard many fine things about Grandeur, and will be our first time to enjoy the little Vision sister.  We actually turn on the very last day of the second leg of our B2B.  Not sure that will still work out the same...but oh well..will still be a fine cruise.  🙂 

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow...nice!  That was the biggest reason I wanted to turn on a smaller ship.  The little ships really seem to enjoy doing up a grand event for it.  Noticed that on sister ship Rhapsody for one of our CC friends.  They really knew how to treat her special.  Another friend chose MJ...really nice party on that one also.  

Have heard many fine things about Grandeur, and will be our first time to enjoy the little Vision sister.  We actually turn on the very last day of the second leg of our B2B.  Not sure that will still work out the same...but oh well..will still be a fine cruise.  🙂 

And if it doesn't, you guys will have something new and exciting to look forward to on your next cruise as pinnacles. 🍷

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

And if it doesn't, you guys will have something new and exciting to look forward to on your next cruise as pinnacles. 🍷

Yes it indeed it will....it's a B2B on Harmony. 🤗 I "downgraded" to a JS for that one.   Won't need to book full suites on Oasis class any longer after that.  Back to my usual JS as I do in smaller ships.  😉 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, wolfcathorse said:

It varies from ship to ship, depends on the LA. On our VIsion Panama Canal cruise there was a lady who reached Pinnacle and the guy told her it would be celebrated on her next cruise. On Explorer, our friends turned Pinnacle and it was celebrated that sailing at the Top Tier party. At RCI's website, it states that it's supposed to be recognized on the voyage you make it on. Apparently not all LA's read the fine print.

Where on Royals website does it say that you are recognized on the voyage you hit 700 points?   I'll have 704 points on my Anthem cruise in January, and there are some friends that booked to see me recognized at the top tier. I just want to have something in writing, just in case I have a problem with the LA.  

5 hours ago, gaylemh said:

Where on Royals website does it say that you are recognized on the voyage you hit 700 points?   I'll have 704 points on my Anthem cruise in January, and there are some friends that booked to see me recognized at the top tier. I just want to have something in writing, just in case I have a problem with the LA.  

I've not seen the Pinnacle recognition policy mentioned on RC's website, however we know this from multiple experiences.  As with anything Royal, there are no guarantees.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I have seen at least 20 pinnacle recognitions, and as far as I know in every case, the person turned pinnacle some time on that specific cruise.  This  is in the last several years on different ships.  The only case that was different, was a passenger that turned pinnacle on one ship, but was having family and friends sail with her on her next sailing and asked that the recognition wait until the next sailing.  

m

I asked on Ovation since I have another Ovation cruise booked that was supposed to be the cruise where I'd reach 700 mid-cruise. 

The LA said they would do nothing on that cruise, the next cruise would recognize me.  No perks, no internet, no CK, completely standard C&A tier change - you'll get it on the next cruise when you board with 700 on the books.

Like lightning or snowflakes, never the same twice.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I think that the 'confusion' may be between "recognition" and "conferring of benefits."

All ships should ACKNOWLEDGE/RECOGNIZE during the cruise that the person/people reach 700 points.  But not all ships then give the benefits until the next cruise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

I asked on Ovation since I have another Ovation cruise booked that was supposed to be the cruise where I'd reach 700 mid-cruise. 

The LA said they would do nothing on that cruise, the next cruise would recognize me.  No perks, no internet, no CK, completely standard C&A tier change - you'll get it on the next cruise when you board with 700 on the books.

Like lightning or snowflakes, never the same twice.  

So sorry to hijack this thread but wasn't sure how to contact you with a question I have  about your travel router recommendation and the post you gave on instructions to use it. 

We have been able to use our Firestick on other RCI ships but recently a change on Adventure where before we were able to just input the Voom Surf/Stream code but now they want a user name & password. We understand that a travel router might allow us to continue to watch Netflix & Amazon Prime directly on the in cabin TV...Thanks so much for your expert help and advice with this.

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I think that the 'confusion' may be between "recognition" and "conferring of benefits."

All ships should ACKNOWLEDGE/RECOGNIZE during the cruise that the person/people reach 700 points.  But not all ships then give the benefits until the next cruise.

That was my understanding also...though there have been cases where the LA on some of the smaller ships did confer a few Pinnie perks to the new Pinnacle.  

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

So sorry to hijack this thread but wasn't sure how to contact you with a question I have  about your travel router recommendation and the post you gave on instructions to use it. 

We have been able to use our Firestick on other RCI ships but recently a change on Adventure where before we were able to just input the Voom Surf/Stream code but now they want a user name & password. We understand that a travel router might allow us to continue to watch Netflix & Amazon Prime directly on the in cabin TV...Thanks so much for your expert help and advice with this.

I'll keep this short.  I brought my firestick with me on Oasis and confirmed it doesn't work with the new captive portal.

With the new Voom platforms being rolled out they seem to be more aggressively looking to defeat travel routers.  Sharing a Voom plan with others who haven't paid for it by using a travel router is against the terms and conditions so I'm not going to comment any further about it.  I really don't want to enable people to break the rules. 

Hopefully Amazon might update their firestick code so you could login in using your paid Voom credentials natively in the future.  Until then my iPhone with the Prime Video app and an HDMI adapter can basically access most firestick content and doesn't violate any rules or policy so that is my preferred way to watch stuff on the cabin TV at the moment.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, gaylemh said:

that's what a pinnacle told me when I started fretting. I thought I read it in here, but now I don't see it (even with my glasses). I thought I read it somewhere in the Crown & Anchor section after signing in.

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_APRIL-2019.pdf

6 hours ago, twangster said:

I'll keep this short.  I brought my firestick with me on Oasis and confirmed it doesn't work with the new captive portal.

With the new Voom platforms being rolled out they seem to be more aggressively looking to defeat travel routers.  Sharing a Voom plan with others who haven't paid for it by using a travel router is against the terms and conditions so I'm not going to comment any further about it.  I really don't want to enable people to break the rules. 

Hopefully Amazon might update their firestick code so you could login in using your paid Voom credentials natively in the future.  Until then my iPhone with the Prime Video app and an HDMI adapter can basically access most firestick content and doesn't violate any rules or policy so that is my preferred way to watch stuff on the cabin TV at the moment.

Certainly not trying to break the rules...I always purchase the Voom Surf/Stream package. So what you are saying is that the travel router's won't work ? Sorry not a techie but is the term "captive portal" the new system RCI is using that requires username/password needed to access the internet onboard?

Again not a techie but unsure how to use my iPhone with an HDMI adapter...explain it to me as you would be explaining it to a 1st grader .... yikes...sorry....I know....strange !!!