Chef’s amenity and welcome cookies.

Just a quick comment....We boarded Majesty yesterday. When we arrived to the cabin our usual welcome cookies were there, however, there was a note with them that they were the chef’s amenity. Something new, or specific to Majesty?

And, we just came off of the Mariner 4 night/3 night B2B cruise. There was no chefs amenity delivered during that cruise. We did however receive the welcome cookies on embarkation day. Prior to that we took a Harmony seven night cruise. We received a chef’s amenity delivered once during the cruise, as well as the welcome cookies.  

We never know what to expect on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Everything is good, just a little bit different from ship to ship. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I haven’t been on the Majesty, but we have never received anything labeled a “chefs amenity”.  Sailed in a assortment of cabins too. We have noticed things being done differently from ship to ship as well.  Always nice to have little surprises. 

Just now, princesstori said:

I haven’t been on the Majesty, but we have never received anything labeled a “chefs amenity”.  Sailed in a assortment of cabins too. We have noticed things being done differently from ship to ship as well.  Always nice to have little surprises. 

Though we have received many Chef' Choice amenities over the years, there has never been a label indicating such.  These are usually things like chocolate covered strawberries, cheese plate, fruit plate, etc., that are delivered to the stateroom.

Just now, PCWalton1 said:

I am beginning to take it personal as we rarely get any Chef Choice amenities, just cookies. 😥

I get the feeling it's slowly being phased out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just a quick comment....We boarded Majesty yesterday. When we arrived to the cabin our usual welcome cookies were there, however, there was a note with them that they were the chef’s amenity. Something new, or specific to Majesty?

And, we just came off of the Mariner 4 night/3 night B2B cruise. There was no chefs amenity delivered during that cruise. We did however receive the welcome cookies on embarkation day. Prior to that we took a Harmony seven night cruise. We received a chef’s amenity delivered once during the cruise, as well as the welcome cookies.  

We never know what to expect on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Everything is good, just a little bit different from ship to ship. 

M

I think you have a cookie problem!🤔🙄

Yes, we have received them complements of chef, and we have received complements of captain and crew, and other complements food goodies.  I think it may depend on what is going on for your cruise. Ours was our vow renewal cruise where we had a suite, and the Captain was officiating.  We enjoy the treatment and the goodies.  Don't always get them.  We have gotten the cookies, the strawberries and petite fores(?) if in a suite.  Crown and Anchor sometimes sends stuff in too. No, we are not Pinnacle, we are "lowly Diamond:).

4 minutes ago, CapeGal said:

Yes, we have received them complements of chef, and we have received complements of captain and crew, and other complements food goodies.  I think it may depend on what is going on for your cruise. Ours was our vow renewal cruise where we had a suite, and the Captain was officiating.  We enjoy the treatment and the goodies.  Don't always get them.  We have gotten the cookies, the strawberries and petite fores(?) if in a suite.  Crown and Anchor sometimes sends stuff in too. No, we are not Pinnacle, we are "lowly Diamond:).

In case you would like more to read your post, it would be good to change the color, it's barely visible on my screen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

My point was, it’s possible that that they have rebranded the welcome cookies to be the chefs amenity.

M

Could be, except Chef's Amenity starts at Diamond and welcome aboard snack/beverage starts at Emerald.

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

How do I make a change in choice...We are so tired of the chocolate covered strawberries...what else do I have an option of?

No option to change.  That's why it's called Chef's Choice.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Though we have received many Chef' Choice amenities over the years, there has never been a label indicating such.  These are usually things like chocolate covered strawberries, cheese plate, fruit plate, etc., that are delivered to the stateroom.

If I'm not mistaken isn't there a note that they're compliments of the Loyalty Ambassador.  Also, applies to the bottles of water.  One time I remember getting 8 bottles of Evian, and had to ask if they were gratis or had to pay for them.  Never got that many since.  Also, the bottle of wine used to be delivered mid=cruise, now it's there upon boarding.

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

If I'm not mistaken isn't there a note that they're compliments of the Loyalty Ambassador.   ...

I've seen notes from the LA, HD, F&B Mgr, even the Captain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chefs Gifts alive and well on Serenade TA. Total overload in my opinion, though. So much waste

20190521_000202.thumb.jpg.767f85812742414bb0e7e13eed1ae8bb.jpg

20190507_135829.thumb.jpg.e4f52974d85cbcff1c66f864e834a380.jpg

20190522_160534.thumb.jpg.ae2cb32d0f109de5950fe0681122389f.jpg

20190510_132633.thumb.jpg.9572c6ebfc2c2d83929ad2cc1eb0f6fc.jpg

20190511_151818.thumb.jpg.5239a50bd08cb0a680c30cecd51e63c3.jpg

Oh, and this was only a sample. Plus Laura and I both got plates since we had two cabins.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I guess I'll have to start looking and reading before snacking. Never noticed a card/note with our snacks.

Looks like this

20190428_140924.thumb.jpg.54478d48925fcc65be6213c03fa30251.jpg

Used them on my egg drop entry

20190505_211633.thumb.jpg.4f252f18f316ac8c2870636382bbbfd8.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Received cheese and crackers platter on 1st formal night and just received some savoury canapés on 2nd formal night. Jewel. 

You got a lot more than we did on the TA last Nov (and we were in a suite)! 

On Indy in May we hadn't received anything on the first formal night so assumed that they were phased out, I asked the D concierge the next day and she said we should have had something, we got a plate of chocolate strawberries that afternoon. No idea if everyone got them or it was because we said something.

I feel like they are getting rid of them, a few years ago we always got something on each formal night.

Looks like the kitchen had fun with all those artistic plates they sent you.  Very cute.  

Ok...what is that "egg drop entry" thing?  Looks like something someone that lives near the space center would build.  Pretty clever!  😄 

We always get the cookies...( and a lot of other goodies also) but find it funny that you can just pick up the same cookies at the WJ.  I keep the cookie plate refilled from there for Bucky the "cookie monster".  😉 

6 minutes ago, kernow said:

I feel like they are getting rid of them, a few years ago we always got something on each formal night.

Yes, and sometimes on non-formal nights too.