RCCL & TA?

1 Haven’t cruised Royal in a while. Many things have changed.

I’m aware of restrictions with TA’s. 

What Im asking is what can you still do on RCI web site?  IE purchase shore excursions ETC

2  just courteous. How big of a deal would you need to use a TA over RCI

33 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, you can still use Royal's website.

I would use a TA even with the same exact price and perks as booking direct.

That’s why I asked. It’s the same price but some nice perks.   But I like to buy things for the cruise and didn’t want to go thru a TA for the little stuff

• Like 1

As a TA we often have group rates, added amenities, and personalized service...but either way you can still book items through your cruise planner.  (Excursions, drink & dining packages, etc.)

Edited by KALCJ1

12 hours ago, Bases5 said:

That’s why I asked. It’s the same price but some nice perks.   But I like to buy things for the cruise and didn’t want to go thru a TA for the little stuff

If your TA is charging the exact same price as RCI direct, I would shop my business around to a different agent

11 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

First time for us without a T.A., just booked with RCI. did not know it would cost us to pick out our cabin. We will let RCI pick the cabins. We should have stayed with a T.A.

You still have 60 days after booking to transfer to a TA and pick up all the perks they offer, as well as keeping anything Royal gave you. If you are unhappy with Royals pick of your cabin you can still switch to any other cabin in the same category for no charge,  must be done after you receive a actual cabin number.  happy cruising 

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

You still have 60 days after booking to transfer to a TA and pick up all the perks they offer, as well as keeping anything Royal gave you. If you are unhappy with Royals pick of your cabin you can still switch to any other cabin in the same category for no charge,  must be done after you receive a actual cabin number.  happy cruising 

They are assigning guarantees later and later and later - probably to avoid that.

On 7/11/2019 at 1:50 PM, Merion_Mom said:

They are assigning guarantees later and later and later - probably to avoid that.

I use to book a GTY and get my cabin with a few days....now I always get it before boarding but its only a week or so before. I must say we seem to be getting better cabins now than when they assigned them within a few days of booking. Not sure if being Pinnacle makes any differance to cabin assignment.

For us it would have to be a lot. We have only booked once with a TA but twice there was a price drop and we couldn't get a hold of the TA so no drop for us. I didn't feel she did anything to help we haven't had any problems booking ourselves if we did I would consider a TA again.

On 7/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, Bases5 said:

1 Haven’t cruised Royal in a while. Many things have changed.

I’m aware of restrictions with TA’s. 

What Im asking is what can you still do on RCI web site?  IE purchase shore excursions ETC

2  just courteous. How big of a deal would you need to use a TA over RCI

No new restrictions from the past.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:38 PM, robandana said:

I use to book a GTY and get my cabin with a few days....now I always get it before boarding but its only a week or so before. I must say we seem to be getting better cabins now than when they assigned them within a few days of booking. Not sure if being Pinnacle makes any difference to cabin assignment.

It does not.

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2019 at 9:44 PM, Nemomof3 said:

For us it would have to be a lot. We have only booked once with a TA but twice there was a price drop and we couldn't get a hold of the TA so no drop for us. I didn't feel she did anything to help we haven't had any problems booking ourselves if we did I would consider a TA again.

That has happened to us a few times...price drop, "most wanted" cabin available, etc etc.

We do use a TA for majority of our cruises.

For the cruise I am leaving on this Sunday (Harmony) my TA was able to find several discounts that weren't posted on the RCCL website when I was checking prices. It was a slew of Emerald benefits as well as discounts they had access to. They were not advertised. I always use a TA. It's their job to find you the best deal and walk you through any questions you may have, free to you.