Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Justicedog

Drink Prices (and sharing plans)

Recommended Posts

Asking for a friend --- 🙂  I was wondering what the cost was for an alcoholic drink on board a ship - I'm talking a strawberry daiquiri or something like that.  And what the virgin versions of a drink would be.

 

We were on a cruise and I think only had one or two alcohol drinks and two to three non-alcohol versions each night and my husband said that the bill for that was in the $400s - it was a seven day cruise.

 

The friend is going on a 4 night cruise - similar situation as ours.   The deluxe beverage package is $52/day.  2 rooms and it will be a parent and teenager in each room. (so no requirement to purchase deluxe package for the 2nd cabin mate).  Friend Dad's thought was to purchase the plan and then share with the others.  Is that feasible?  I'd always thought it wouldn't be and people would be caught doing that and it's against the rules. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Justicedog said:

 ... 🙂

Is that feasible?  I'd always thought it wouldn't be and people would be caught doing that and it's against the rules. 

 

 

Not feasible.  If they catch you cheating, they can cancel the package with no refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's against the rules as you already know. Unless there are drink police stationed all over the ship or if someone snitches on you obviously it can be done. It's totally up to your "friend" to decide what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess integrity doesn’t count anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Justicedog said:

Asking for a friend --- 🙂  I was wondering what the cost was for an alcoholic drink on board a ship - I'm talking a strawberry daiquiri or something like that.  And what the virgin versions of a drink would be.

 

We were on a cruise and I think only had one or two alcohol drinks and two to three non-alcohol versions each night and my husband said that the bill for that was in the $400s - it was a seven day cruise.

 

The friend is going on a 4 night cruise - similar situation as ours.   The deluxe beverage package is $52/day.  2 rooms and it will be a parent and teenager in each room. (so no requirement to purchase deluxe package for the 2nd cabin mate).  Friend Dad's thought was to purchase the plan and then share with the others.  Is that feasible?  I'd always thought it wouldn't be and people would be caught doing that and it's against the rules. 

 

I'm pretty sure there's a way for you to purchase a plane ticket for one and have someone sit on you lap for the flight. Just "sharing" you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Justicedog said:

Asking for a friend --- 🙂  I was wondering what the cost was for an alcoholic drink on board a ship - I'm talking a strawberry daiquiri or something like that.  And what the virgin versions of a drink would be.

 

$12-14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trolling?

 

Or really can’t just boldly ask what is the best way to cheat on the drink package? 🤷🏻‍♀️

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we wanted more than one drink at a time on our package we had to provide both cards. Your “friend” would spend a huge amount of time at the bar getting drinks and it would become very obvious. The only time I got more than one drink on my package was an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Justicedog said:

The friend is going on a 4 night cruise - similar situation as ours.   The deluxe beverage package is $52/day.  2 rooms and it will be a parent and teenager in each room. (so no requirement to purchase deluxe package for the 2nd cabin mate).  Friend Dad's thought was to purchase the plan and then share with the others.  Is that feasible?  I'd always thought it wouldn't be and people would be caught doing that and it's against the rules. 

 

The more I thought about this the funnier it became... 
By the "friends" logic that it is OK to share. Why stop at just his family... why not get in a roll call and everyone chip in a dollar per day and have 60 people share the package? 
Sorry it's very late for me... guess I better get some sleep and not be so sarcastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admire your courage for asking, or find you remarkably evil for posting this to start the "discussion."  😜

So, I imagine you, your friend, and any other reasonable adult already knows that sharing a drink package is like sharing an all you can eat buffet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

It´s really nice to see how helpful People are in asking for a friend. 

Haha, no doubt!

 

As to the OP, as other's have already noted, it's hard to believe this question is anything other than a troll attempt, but here's the simple answer: if "friend's dad" is amoral when it comes to theft, then of course the only problem is whether or not they get caught.

 

Yes, the drinks are expensive, but if someone is willing to sell himself out for a couple hundred dollars, then I guess there's not much more to be said about his self-worth.

 

If you want a drink on board, then pay for it.  Others have provided a range of prices, so plan accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 123funcruiser said:

It´s really nice to see how helpful People are in asking for a friend. 

 

People can be very generous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

People can be very generous!

I have some  bargain beverage packages coming up next year.  See you on board.  Drinks are on me😇🍺

Edited by molly361

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, molly361 said:

I have some upcoming bargain beverage packages coming up next year.  See you on board.  Drinks are on me😇🍺

 

Sounds great!😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Justicedog said:

Friend Dad's thought was to purchase the plan and then share with the others.  Is that feasible?

If he gets the drinks from different bars there will be no problem.....👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 123funcruiser said:

It´s really nice to see how helpful People are in asking for a friend. 

Why couldn't friend ask for himself/herself?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I have some  bargain beverage packages coming up next year.  See you on board.  Drinks are on me😇🍺

And which ship will you be sailing on Ellen?  Save me a Jack & soda, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

And which ship will you be sailing on Ellen?  Save me a Jack & soda, please.

You got it🍷🍸🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironic username "JusticeDog" asking about beating the system and breaking the rules.  Not much justice in that :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Justicedog said:

Asking for a friend --- 🙂 

Friend Dad's thought was to purchase the plan and then share with the others.  Is that feasible?  I'd always thought it wouldn't be and people would be caught doing that and it's against the rules. 

 

A lot of posters here on cc will be praying for your friend.  Just to be clear,  they will be praying your friend gets caught. They are the reason Royal now requires everyone over 21 in the cabin to get the package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

The more I thought about this the funnier it became... 
By the "friends" logic that it is OK to share. Why stop at just his family... why not get in a roll call and everyone chip in a dollar per day and have 60 people share the package? 
Sorry it's very late for me... guess I better get some sleep and not be so sarcastic!

image.thumb.png.a174ba2944a0398d6b6a294fc9a366a5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...