Drink Prices (and sharing plans)

Asking for a friend --- 🙂  I was wondering what the cost was for an alcoholic drink on board a ship - I'm talking a strawberry daiquiri or something like that.  And what the virgin versions of a drink would be.

We were on a cruise and I think only had one or two alcohol drinks and two to three non-alcohol versions each night and my husband said that the bill for that was in the $400s - it was a seven day cruise.

The friend is going on a 4 night cruise - similar situation as ours.   The deluxe beverage package is $52/day.  2 rooms and it will be a parent and teenager in each room. (so no requirement to purchase deluxe package for the 2nd cabin mate).  Friend Dad's thought was to purchase the plan and then share with the others.  Is that feasible?  I'd always thought it wouldn't be and people would be caught doing that and it's against the rules. 

24 minutes ago, Justicedog said:

... 🙂

Is that feasible?  I'd always thought it wouldn't be and people would be caught doing that and it's against the rules. 

Not feasible.  If they catch you cheating, they can cancel the package with no refund.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Justicedog said:

Asking for a friend --- 🙂  I was wondering what the cost was for an alcoholic drink on board a ship - I'm talking a strawberry daiquiri or something like that.  And what the virgin versions of a drink would be.

We were on a cruise and I think only had one or two alcohol drinks and two to three non-alcohol versions each night and my husband said that the bill for that was in the $400s - it was a seven day cruise.

The friend is going on a 4 night cruise - similar situation as ours.   The deluxe beverage package is $52/day.  2 rooms and it will be a parent and teenager in each room. (so no requirement to purchase deluxe package for the 2nd cabin mate).  Friend Dad's thought was to purchase the plan and then share with the others.  Is that feasible?  I'd always thought it wouldn't be and people would be caught doing that and it's against the rules. 

I'm pretty sure there's a way for you to purchase a plane ticket for one and have someone sit on you lap for the flight. Just "sharing" you know.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Justicedog said:

$12-14

If we wanted more than one drink at a time on our package we had to provide both cards. Your “friend” would spend a huge amount of time at the bar getting drinks and it would become very obvious. The only time I got more than one drink on my package was an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water. 

9 hours ago, Justicedog said:

The more I thought about this the funnier it became... 
By the "friends" logic that it is OK to share. Why stop at just his family... why not get in a roll call and everyone chip in a dollar per day and have 60 people share the package? 
Sorry it's very late for me... guess I better get some sleep and not be so sarcastic!

• Like 1

I admire your courage for asking, or find you remarkably evil for posting this to start the "discussion."  😜

So, I imagine you, your friend, and any other reasonable adult already knows that sharing a drink package is like sharing an all you can eat buffet.

16 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

It´s really nice to see how helpful People are in asking for a friend. 

Haha, no doubt!

As to the OP, as other's have already noted, it's hard to believe this question is anything other than a troll attempt, but here's the simple answer: if "friend's dad" is amoral when it comes to theft, then of course the only problem is whether or not they get caught.

Yes, the drinks are expensive, but if someone is willing to sell himself out for a couple hundred dollars, then I guess there's not much more to be said about his self-worth.

If you want a drink on board, then pay for it.  Others have provided a range of prices, so plan accordingly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

People can be very generous!

I have some  bargain beverage packages coming up next year.  See you on board.  Drinks are on me😇🍺

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I have some  bargain beverage packages coming up next year.  See you on board.  Drinks are on me😇🍺

And which ship will you be sailing on Ellen?  Save me a Jack & soda, please.

16 hours ago, Justicedog said:

Asking for a friend --- 🙂 

Friend Dad's thought was to purchase the plan and then share with the others.  Is that feasible?  I'd always thought it wouldn't be and people would be caught doing that and it's against the rules. 

A lot of posters here on cc will be praying for your friend.  Just to be clear,  they will be praying your friend gets caught. They are the reason Royal now requires everyone over 21 in the cabin to get the package.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

The more I thought about this the funnier it became... 
By the "friends" logic that it is OK to share. Why stop at just his family... why not get in a roll call and everyone chip in a dollar per day and have 60 people share the package? 
Sorry it's very late for me... guess I better get some sleep and not be so sarcastic!

image.thumb.png.a174ba2944a0398d6b6a294fc9a366a5.png

• Like 1