Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

10 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Cruise Lines are keeping ships longer now they previous Gen, many main Cruise Lines have ships about same age. Even Majesty(Sov Class) and several Carnival's were designed over 30yrs ago. But they dont start Cuba Cruise, which probably wont think Empress will be gone in couple yrs

It is the reverse. Previous generation ships have been kept even longer. 30 years was not an age to retire a ship. Nowadays it became difficult due to environmental requirements, operational costs and the need for balcony rooms and other stuff.

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

It is the reverse. Previous generation ships have been kept even longer. 30 years was not an age to retire a ship. Nowadays it became difficult due to environmental requirements, operational costs and the need for balcony rooms and other stuff.

Some of both. Royal already shed itself of smaller ships early, they have/are investing 20-25yr old ships and keeping what they have longer. In past Royal ships never would have got a top to bottom gut, letalone waterslides hundred million invested in 10yr old ships. These will be at sea 3 decades and more

Edited by ONECRUISER

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

The listing for release dates are a bit vague for northern Europe TA that usually hits Greenland and Iceland west bound fall of 2021.  

Am I missing it, or perhaps RCI is not going to do that route any longer?  

Only if a ship relocates from North Europe to the Northeast in late August/early September. Jewel does not do this, maybe Adventure.

Edited by Saab4444

Brilliance of the Seas has been removed from the Key West Port Schedule for the entire 2021-22 Season at the moment. 

Brilliance bookings remain at Cayman Islands with only the fall season from early September to Mid-November not currently booked. This seems to indicate a short season in Boston for just a couple of months in the fall of 2021.

The latest bookings for Explorer that were booked were at Cayman Islands and are a bit of a mystery. The first stop conflicts with a cruise already booked in April of 2021. The other two include one the week Liberty leaves Galveston and another holiday sailing. 

I am unsure if this indicates a possible re-positioning of the ship to Galveston or not? 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

The listing for release dates are a bit vague for northern Europe TA that usually hits Greenland and Iceland west bound fall of 2021.  

I'm hoping for that Transatlantic cruise to be available to book the week of December 9.

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Some of both. Royal already shed itself of smaller ships early, they have/are investing 20-25yr old ships and keeping what they have longer. In past Royal ships never would have got a top to bottom gut, letalone waterslides hundred million invested in 10yr old ships. These will be at sea 3 decades and more

They stretched a couple😉

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Actually it should be featured on Adventure otS in fall, after her Copenhagen season. 

Usually either the ship spending the Europe season in Copenhagen (Serenade until 2019) or Amsterdam (Brilliance 2020) does the Northern Europe TA with Iceland - so since Jewel already switches to Mediterranean after her Amsterdam seaon in summer 2021, Adventure should be the ship sailing to North America via Northern Europe TA.

But due to the ship size, I am not sure if she also hits Greenland, or just Iceland. 

1 hour ago, shipfriend_max said:

Actually it should be featured on Adventure otS in fall, after her Copenhagen season. 

Usually either the ship spending the Europe season in Copenhagen (Serenade until 2019) or Amsterdam (Brilliance 2020) does the Northern Europe TA with Iceland - so since Jewel already switches to Mediterranean after her Amsterdam seaon in summer 2021, Adventure should be the ship sailing to North America via Northern Europe TA.

But due to the ship size, I am not sure if she also hits Greenland, or just Iceland. 

That was my thinking also, after noting Jewel heads to Barcelona.  I am just hoping they will still do the north Atlantic TA, wanting to see Iceland and Greenland.  Need to check off another bucket list.  😉 

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

The latest bookings for Explorer that were booked were at Cayman Islands and are a bit of a mystery. The first stop conflicts with a cruise already booked in April of 2021. The other two include one the week Liberty leaves Galveston and another holiday sailing. 

I am unsure if this indicates a possible re-positioning of the ship to Galveston or not? 

Explorer 4 April 2021 now does Miami | Cruising | George Town | Cruising | Oranjestad | Willemstad | Kralendijk | Cruising | Miami

Original One did. 

Explorer Of The Seas Depart: 04:00 PM 04/04/2021 Miami, Florida  
Explorer Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 04/05/2021 Nassau, Bahamas  
Explorer Of The Seas 04/06/2021 At Sea  
Explorer Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 04/07/2021 Labadee, Hispaniola  
Explorer Of The Seas 04/08/2021 At Sea  
Explorer Of The Seas Arrive: 07:00 AM 04/09/2021 Miami, Florida

Since Adventure is going to Europe for 2021 and is also getting the 'Royal Amplified" revitalization, I guess the work would be done at Cadiz, Spain. It then becomes interesting to know if they will do it prior to the Baltic season or at the end of the Baltic season. This may affect at which end there will be a transatlantic and to where. 

I have not found any port booking yet for Adventure to give any clues. Anyone else? 

20 hours ago, springaussie said:

Explorer 4 April 2021 now does Miami | Cruising | George Town | Cruising | Oranjestad | Willemstad | Kralendijk | Cruising | Miami

Original One did. 

Explorer Of The Seas Depart: 04:00 PM 04/04/2021 Miami, Florida  
Explorer Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 04/05/2021 Nassau, Bahamas  
Explorer Of The Seas 04/06/2021 At Sea  
Explorer Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 04/07/2021 Labadee, Hispaniola  
Explorer Of The Seas 04/08/2021 At Sea  
Explorer Of The Seas Arrive: 07:00 AM 04/09/2021 Miami, Florida

Yes. I had meant to copy in the Cayman bookings in that post as well. You see the conflict right away, if these hold. 

1. Explorer of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 3,840 3,840 2021-04-06 07:00:00.000 2021-04-06 16:00:00.000
2. Explorer of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 3,840 3,840 2021-10-28 10:00:00.000 2021-10-28 18:00:00.000
3. Explorer of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 3,840 3,840 2021-12-26 10:00:00.000 2021-12-26 18:00:00.000

36 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Since Adventure is going to Europe for 2021 and is also getting the 'Royal Amplified" revitalization, I guess the work would be done at Cadiz, Spain. It then becomes interesting to know if they will do it prior to the Baltic season or at the end of the Baltic season. This may affect at which end there will be a transatlantic and to where. 

I have not found any port booking yet for Adventure to give any clues. Anyone else? 

Looks like a Ta to Barcelona then onto Cadiz for an Amp. Maybe a repo up to Copenhagen or maybe Summer in Southampton

Might make sense sending Adventure to Southampton. Newly Amped and some big advertising.

An Amped ship from Copenhagen to the Baltics doesn't sound right. Baltics and Norway is about ports and not ship.

A bit like sending Symphony to Alaska

1 minute ago, bigeck said:

Might make sense sending Adventure to Southampton. Newly Amped and some big advertising.

An Amped ship from Copenhagen to the Baltics doesn't sound right. Baltics and Norway is about ports and not ship.

A bit like sending Symphony to Alaska

Isn’t Adventure already confirmed from Copenhagen though?