How is everyone getting cheaper air EZ Air

fluffybunny22

I booked my flights the day they became available. I see here all the time that people refare and save money. My flights keep increasing in cost. They are up over $600 per person. Even the less desirable time and routes are more expensive than what I originally booked.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

I check frequently and refare when the price drops or I cancel and book a new flight when the times or price is better or I can get better seats (on transatlantic).  I also have flights booked where the the price has increased so I just continue to watch until the 45 day point.

Sometimes they go down and sometimes they go up. It's like booking on any other airline or flight booking website. Supply and demand.

Usually the flights I book thru EZAir stay pretty much the same , occasionally they get lower and I cancel and rebook if the timing of the flights work as well as the ones I originally booked. Occasionally they go up a bunch and I am so glad I booked mine early.

For example, the ones we have booked for a cruise departing from Venice later this year have almost doubled since I booked ours. I always try to book mine as soon as they became available and then watch them closely and hope for the best.

Whatever I am paying for EZAir flights always turns out to be way less than if I had booked them thru other sources.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wichard said:

I check frequently and refare when the price drops or I cancel and book a new flight when the times or price is better or I can get better seats (on transatlantic).  I also have flights booked where the the price has increased so I just continue to watch until the 45 day point.

You also almost have to check daily too.  Just last week my return flight went from an additional $169 to $8!  Cancelled original booking and rebooked.  Very easy to do.  Checked the very next morning and the cost was back up to $169.  I have not used EZair extensively, but I have on average, rebooked one time before the 45 day deadline.  Never saved a bunch, but did save some.  But like you said, most of my flights have gone up in price not down.

Pooh

• Like 1

I try to check at least once every day.  There was a one way EZAir fare I reserved for our South America trip that was close to $1500 when I first booked it right after the flights were available for sale.  I have rebooked this one probably 10 times so far and at the moment we are locked in at $510.  The current price for our flight is $710.  It can fluctuate even during the same day, the $510 was only there briefly.  For other cruises things may not change much but I have almost always been able to rebook at a better price when using EZAir.

• Like 1

I assume EZ air is through Princess ? I have always stayed away from cruise line airfares because I found them more expensive and restrictive. Only sailed Princess twice so far, but may have to look into this if you can pick pwn flights and rebook for lower fares...sounds too good to be true...😎😎

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

I assume EZ air is through Princess ? I have always stayed away from cruise line airfares because I found them more expensive and restrictive. Only sailed Princess twice so far, but may have to look into this if you can pick pwn flights and rebook for lower fares...sounds too good to be true...😎😎

It's a win / win - flexible and do not have to pay up front.

2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

My in laws are coming with us and I managed to get them both air for what they were going to pay for 1 ticket and using miles for the other ticket. For us I snagged business class for what my husband was going to pay for economy through the airline. I usually book directly through the airline but this was too good to pass up.

2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Prices can be pretty good as opposed to booking direct.

• Like 1

Thanks for info, so I assume you must have a Princess cruise booked to access the EZ air and must lock in by final payment. What if you choose not to use EZAir and book flights independently? Any obligation to stay with EZ air ?   Thanks

7 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Thanks for info, so I assume you must have a Princess cruise booked to access the EZ air and must lock in by final payment. What if you choose not to use EZAir and book flights independently? Any obligation to stay with EZ air ?   Thanks

No obligation at all. EZair allows you to cancel and not re-book if it is a flexible fare.

Edited by Doug R.

4 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I've found EZAir to be a lot less expensive for our flights to Europe. I haven't found it to be competitive for our domestic flights.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I've found EZAir to be a lot less expensive for our flights to Europe. I haven't found it to be competitive for our domestic flights.

Depends on your location I guess. We have found the fares to be very competitive for Philly to FLL.

Sometimes it depends on the price of jet fuel.  You can book the same day the flights are available, but if the fuel price drops, you might be able to get a cheaper price later.  I check the pricing at least once a week.  I was able to get my mom a flight on EZ Air for $189.00, ONT to FLL.  She has only one 90 minute layover in Dallas. 

For our upcoming TA cruise, I cancelled the return flights, then re-booked them using Southwest points.  I kept the outgoing flights from SFO to Barcelona.  EZ Air pricing is only $228.00 per person, for the one-way flight.  I was able to save $600 on the two tickets that I cashed in, so I'm pretty happy.  

Last month, EZ Air was offering a one-way from Sydney to SFO, on Hawaiian Airlines, for $500.00, per person.  The layover was three hours in Honolulu. You can sign me up for that, but DH was out of vacation.  😞

Also, I have a site that keeps tabs on my upcoming domestic flight, whenever I get a notice of price drop I usually go to EZ-Air to check fares.  The thing I have noticed is that sometimes it takes a couple of days for EZ-Air to drop their fares.  So when comparing directly with airlines, it's not always reflected in EZ-Air pricing.  My advice is to check often it only takes a few minutes and is worth it.  This has happened the last 2 times I refared our flights.  But we have already saved $90/pp so far, and we are still 9 months out, very happy so far.

Edited by 13cheermom
spelling

Is there a difference between refare and rebook? I recently used EZ-Air for the first time. I saw a price drop, so I tried to refare and it only let me cancel and rebook at the new price. It took a couple of weeks for the credit for the original flight to appear on my credit card. Is there an easier way? 

For international flights EZAir has provided excellent airfares.  Domestic US not so much...

Might want to also try different routings and different sorigination airports.  Last year we booked Australia via EZAir from TPA connecting at LAX.  Good fare and routing - until a call rescheduling us for the TPA-LAX leg through ATL with a 45 minute connection (legal for ATL).  No way is that easily doable during storm season where delays can easily reach hours just waiting for t-storms to pass to enable taxiing at TPA.  "Discussed" with EZAir and they finally rerouted us starting originating MCO providing for a two-hour connection AND a reduction in price of $500 each business.  Worth the slightly longer drive to MCO over TPA.  More of concern was the return back through LAX connecting back to MCO.  LAX is a zoo!  The Virgin Australia flight to/fm Australia were wonderful!

Quick question, we just redid our flight to Europe in Oct, but we had already paid for the original fare. Our flight is Oct. 30 so it is well outside the 45 days. Our credit shows up on the Princess site. Does this get credited back to our credit card or is it used as an onboard credit. Either way if fine, just curious. Never had this happen before, but am glad folks are talking about this on cruise critic so we checked and wow, what a surprise.

@Shaver John it should show up as refund to your credit card but that takes time, it's not up to Princess or EZAir, it's up to the bank that has your credit card.

Cruise line air fare (my experience is with Celebrity and Princess) has always seemed to be a great deal with transatlantic flights and open-jaw tickets. We've gotten business class for outrageously good prices. Having said that, in January we were flying from CMH to LAX for a Hawaii cruise. It helped that we booked during a promotion that offered discounted airfare but, even at that, we got an unbelievable deal on domestic flights. When it was time for final payment, our travel agent called and said "how did you do that?" We had roundtrip flights, both nonstop for just over $100 per person. We were each paying just a bit over $50 each way in coach. My travel agent is great but no one is going to monitor my cruise and flights better than I can. For this fall's transatlantic, we booked as soon as the flights were available and got business class flights for $1620 per person total. Now, on EZAir, the same flights are about $5,000; on the airline website, they're $9,000. I keep looking but I don't know why. I guess I just want to gloat.

• Like 1