Diamond Happy Hour

93beachbum

Hi congrats of reaching Diamond. You get both, 3 drinks on your card you can use at any bar during the Happy Hours...and you can also visit the Diamond Lounge. The drinks in the DL do not count towards your 3 drinks loaded on your card.

There will be a letter in your room with all the information.

Enjoy your new status!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robandana said:

Hi congrats of reaching Diamond. You get both, 3 drinks on your card you can use at any bar during the Happy Hours...and you can also visit the Diamond Lounge. The drinks in the DL do not count towards your 3 drinks loaded on your card.

There will be a letter in your room with all the information.

Enjoy your new status!

Thank you for the info. That is what I thought it would be. Traveling with a group and I am the only diamond member. If I get those drinks, no need for that crazy beverage package!

Cheers! 🥂🍸🥂

Just now, 93beachbum said:

Thank you for the info. That is what I thought it would be. Traveling with a group and I am the only diamond member. If I get those drinks, no need for that crazy beverage package!

Cheers! 🥂🍸🥂

Forgot to ask. What is the time period?

6 hours ago, 93beachbum said:

Cheers! 🥂🍸🥂

It's a big money saver for sure. If your timing is right, you can get free drinks before, during and after dinner.

the diamond lounge doesn't make frozen drinks but some of the bars will do it and count it as one of your free drinks on your card... I've never had a problem getting a pina colada or strawberry daquiri

key word here is SOME

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

I may be wrong but aren't the 3 free drinks limited as to what you can get??

We always get the Deluxe package so I am not familiar with the happy hour drinks loaded on card or in the DL.

This was the DL drinks list from Independence May 28th 2019.

IMG_20190528_072853.jpg

2 minutes ago, Host Star said:

the diamond lounge doesn't make frozen drinks but some of the bars will do it and count it as one of your free drinks on your card... I've never had a problem getting a pina colada or strawberry daquiri

key word here is SOME

On Harmony 1 barman made a Pina colada for Pauline from the 3 HH drinks but the next night a different barman at the same bar wouldn't.

1 barman gave us a bottle of Prosecco rather than 6 individual glasses.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I may be wrong but aren't the 3 free drinks limited as to what you can get??

Correct.  You are limited to the drinks served in the Diamond Lounge.  The bars generally have a menu.  But as others have said, you can always ask and see what the bartender says.

1 hour ago, Host Star said:

key word here is SOME

Didn’t know that was possible. I’ve never asked. 

M

3 hours ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Most - if not all - ships now allow you to use the 3 free drinks at dinner in the MDR etc .. handy to know if your dining slot/s with your companions is during the HH!

MDR. drinks are generally is not possible if you have late dining. As at that time the cocktail hour is over

M

On 9/5/2019 at 3:02 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

MDR. drinks are generally is not possible if you have late dining. As at that time the cocktail hour is over

M

Hence why I put - " ... handy to know if your dining slot/s with your companions is during the HH! ... "

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Are you traveling with someone in your cabin that purchases the drink package?  I could be wrong, but I think if one purchases the package...all other adults in the same cabin have to purchase it?  

That is my understanding too.

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Are you traveling with someone in your cabin that purchases the drink package?  I could be wrong, but I think if one purchases the package...all other adults in the same cabin have to purchase it?  

Correct, but only applies to the Deluxe Beverage Package.  No such requirement for the Refreshment or Classic Soda packages.

13 hours ago, island lady said:

Lots of reports that the other companions can buy a refreshment or soda pkg if you press it. 

Not sure what happens if you are in a BW balcony with soda pkg included. Would that count as a drink pkg? I do know that you cant upgrade those.

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Lots of reports that the other companions can buy a refreshment or soda pkg if you press it. 

Not sure what happens if you are in a BW balcony with soda pkg included. Would that count as a drink pkg? I do know that you cant upgrade those.

I have been told  on the RC page on FB, when we were staying in a BW balcony, 

that the soda package doesn't count and if I wanted to get the alcohol package, my sister would have to buy the Refreshment package.  

Edited by katiel53
  • Thanks 1