Lapel pins

mitz18

6 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

does anyone really wear Platinum or Emerald pins? 

I have seen some pins, but I don't really bother to pay attention which level they are. 

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

I like the pins! I like any recognition that Royal Caribbean gives us. 

What do you do with them?

Just now, Tulsacoker said:

I wonder f you wear them upside down if that means anything? :classic_blink:

Like the pineapples?

When we made diamond we received the pins when we first got to the room and then in the middle of the cruise more showed up. Extras would be nice I guess if we were to do something with them other than toss them in the drawer. Now when we make Rhodium then I'll wear it. 😂

5 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've never worn mine. I have pins/medals for greater accomplishments than Crown & Anchor status. I don't wear them either. It's just not my thing.

Me too but they don't annoy others. 😀

5 hours ago, margeecruiser said:

We are D+ and wear our pins most of the time on the ship.  We have gotten some snarky comments, but they didn't bother us.  We wear them because we like them and enjoy wearing them.  We don't mention our status, ever.

Mary

You don't have to. Your D+ pin says it for you. 😜

• Like 5

We've never gotten pins sent or delivered to us. We've gotten them from the loyalty ambassador on whatever ship we go on next. We don't wear them but I add them to the pins I've collected over the years from various organization/groups.

19 hours ago, margeecruiser said:

We are D+ and wear our pins most of the time on the ship.  We have gotten some snarky comments, but they didn't bother us.  We wear them because we like them and enjoy wearing them.  We don't mention our status, ever.

Mary

I enjoy wearing my D+ pin. It took us a long time to get to this level. I don’t expect the pin to mark me as someone special, I just like it! I’m on a cruise to enjoy myself and have fun. I don’t worry about what others think. I don’t worry about what others are wearing (within reason 😉) and I don’t think anyone should worry about what I wear. 

I decide who I want to get to know based on their attitude & behavior. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, margeecruiser said:

Mary

Snarky comments???   Like what? Why in the world would anyone care if you wear a C&A pin. 

M

On 9/27/2019 at 2:52 PM, margeecruiser said:

Mary

So if you don't mention your status ever, do you just point to the pin? Sorry, but I just got a chuckle out of your comment. 

We made D by last October and will be D+ by the end of this November. Fast according to some, but slow according to others. I didn't know the D+ pins were bigger than the D pins. I would still rather some other piece of jewelry or nothing than the pin. Don't the pins make holes in your clothes after wearing them for a while? 

21 minutes ago, margeecruiser said:

I think some people do mention their status to others while in conversation.  We discuss our travels, our cruises and other interests.  I sure don't point to my pin; why on earth would I?  I'm offended by your remark.  You seem to want to insult me.  Why?

Mary

The only time someone mentioned their status to us, it was odd... here is the story...

we went to the MDR for breakfast.  We’re seated with a couple, and one guy.  Conversation went like this...

all: Hi!

jim: hi!  I’m Jim! I’m a diamond!

me: oh, hi!  Gosh, I sure wish we would have only booked with Royal, and we’d be diamond too!  Hehe. We love Royal!

Jim: didn’t acknowledge my comment at all, and proceeded to dominate the entire conversation with talk of his cruises and perks

Edited by vacationlover_mn

On 9/27/2019 at 3:16 AM, Ashland said:

The only ones that usually wear their pins are the Pinnacles....all the other pins are nonsense JMHO.

A few pinnacles we have run into wear their pins so they can push in at the head of any lines.  Thank heavens only a few do this.

4 hours ago, crazyank said:

A few pinnacles we have run into wear their pins so they can push in at the head of any lines.  Thank heavens only a few do this.

Gosh, I see lots of people pushing to the front of all kinds of lines. Are you telling me that they’re all pinnacle, or perhaps people at other levels ( or first time cruisers ) also push to the front of the line?  

I can’t understand why one group of cruisers gets such bad press!    All they did was take A LOT of cruises on Royal Caribbean!   

M

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I enjoy wearing my D+ pin. It took us a long time to get to this level. I don’t expect the pin to mark me as someone special, I just like it! I’m on a cruise to enjoy myself and have fun. I don’t worry about what others think. I don’t worry about what others are wearing (within reason 😉) and I don’t think anyone should worry about what I wear. 

I decide who I want to get to know based on their attitude & behavior. 

Best quote of the thread...nicely said.  🙂 

On 9/26/2019 at 6:10 PM, Coralc said:

I like the pins! I like any recognition that Royal Caribbean gives us. 

I like the loyalty pins because then I know who to approach when we have questions.   Like things a Diamond Plus should know:

“When does the buffet open?”

“Where is the bathroom?”

“Can I get an extra pillow?”

“Does the ship have a reel and long cable for the TV?”

”What, you don’t work here?  You have a name tag with cruise line’s name and your name on it.  Any reasonable and prudent person would assume you work here.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1