Almost "Diamond"

So here is my story and a few questions that I hope you will be so kind to answer.  I have booked a side2side cruise: 5 day out of FLL on Majesty and then on to Miami on the Symphony for the President's Cruise. One reason for the first cruise is to get to Diamond status, I am 3 points away. 

My first question: On day 3 of my FLL cruise, will I automatically be placed in Diamond status and allowed any perks that come with it or will I have to complete the cruise first. If the latter is the case, will my next cruise reflect my new status. I just need to know if there is a process that just happens or do I need to talk to someone on the Majesty to make sure that I am Diamond when I arrive at Miami port. 

Second question: I am going to need to get to FLL airport to meet SAS shuttle that will take me to Miami port. What is the most reasonable (cheapest) way to get from FLL port to FLL airport.  Also, is there another option that can actually take me from Port to Port?

Thank you for your help....

Edited by gizmo911

You won’t get Diamond status until you complete the first cruise. Since points don’t normally get applied for a week, you need to see the loyalty ambassador to get the points from cruise one applied. Since its a side to side, not sure which loyalty ambassador to contact. Maybe talk to both.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gizmo911 said:

Second question: I am going to need to get to FLL airport to meet SAS shuttle that will take me to Miami port. What is the most reasonable (cheapest) way to get from FLL port to FLL airport.  Also, is there another option that can actually take me from Port to Port?

Uber/Lyft should run around $30-$40 from Port Everglades to Miami.

1 hour ago, gizmo911 said:

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Uber/Lyft should run around $30-$40 from Port Everglades to Miami.

I agree.  Just use Uber or Lyft to get to the Symphony.

8 hours ago, gizmo911 said:

I left my car in an off-site parking lot at FLL and took a shuttle from FLL to the Miami port for the Symphony in March.  Turned out to be one of my not-so-bright ideas, and I would never do it again.  It was needlessly stressful to add the airport experience to a cruise; standing in crowds of people while waiting for the shuttle, and making sure my luggage made it on and off multiple vehicles.  I was trying to avoid arriving at the Symphony  frazzled (we hate driving in Miami), but adding airport madness made it worse.

I admire anyone who can land in FLL and get a vehicle to Miami and then do the same upon return from a cruise.  I just could not take the stress.  I don't even compare air fare prices else I may be tempted.  But from my airport, it is expensive no matter the destination.

I had that exact scenario happen end of last year. I took a 5 day Cuba cruise on Majesty and then followed it by a 7 day on Symphony. I made the next level on the 5 day. I went and talked to the loyalty ambassador on Majesty and she said she couldn't do anything and to see the ambassador on Symphony for that but she would send an email to the ambassador on Symphony letting them know. When I got on Symphony I went to that ambassador and of course they hadn't received an email but she was able to change everything right away and get us new cards. Just didn't have the perks of the higher rank for boarding or in room right away. 

9 hours ago, gizmo911 said:

So here is my story and a few questions that I hope you will be so kind to answer.  I have booked a side2side cruise: 5 day out of FLL on Majesty and then on to Miami on the Symphony for the President's Cruise. One reason for the first cruise is to get to Diamond status, I am 3 points away. 

My first question: On day 3 of my FLL cruise, will I automatically be placed in Diamond status and allowed any perks that come with it or will I have to complete the cruise first. If the latter is the case, will my next cruise reflect my new status. I just need to know if there is a process that just happens or do I need to talk to someone on the Majesty to make sure that I am Diamond when I arrive at Miami port. 

Thank you for your help....

Keep your Majesty sea pass to show Symphony LA

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Have you never flown into Orlando for a sailing out of Port Canaveral? That's a longer ride than FLL to POM.

In miles, yes. But those two drives don’t compare in the stress level. 

mac_tlc

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Who is stressed in the back of an Uber while post whoring on CC on the way to port?

If you have a deadline, and I-95 is acting like I-95, it can be an unpleasant ride—- even in the back seat. 

mac_tlc

10 hours ago, blackshirt said:

You won’t get Diamond status until you complete the first cruise. Since points don’t normally get applied for a week, you need to see the loyalty ambassador to get the points from cruise one applied. Since its a side to side, not sure which loyalty ambassador to contact. Maybe talk to both.

The loyalty ambassador has to contact Miami to get it verified because it won't hit their info for a couple of weeks.  The first loyalty ambassador can't really do anything even if they do confirm it.  When you board the second ship, find the loyalty ambassador and have them confirm it.  They'll do it and have new cards made for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mscinmia said:

Royal does have shuttles that go from PEV to POM.  You can arrange this pre-cruise and also on the ship.

Interesting, I was told last week that they have no transportation between the ports by a pretty knowledgeable Royal agent. 

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

In miles, yes. But those two drives don’t compare in the stress level. 

mac_tlc

Not sure what you are talking about. We drove to both ports (Miami and FLL) from Massachusetts many times. We drove between them and planning to do this again on our Christmas/New Year cruises on Explorer and Crown Princess. Never a problem.

Are you saying that taxi/Uber drivers are bad in Florida?

2 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Are you saying that taxi/Uber drivers are bad in Florida?

To some, the drive on I95 between PE and POM is perceived as more "challenging" than the usual pedestrian affair on 528 between MCO and PC.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Have you never flown into Orlando for a sailing out of Port Canaveral? That's a longer ride than FLL to POM.

I’ve flown into MCO, stayed overnight at my parents house in Melbourne FL, then drove the next morning to Port Everglades. I’ve done this 3 or 4 times, not a problem. I just leave plenty of time

11 hours ago, willtr03 said:

I had that exact scenario happen end of last year. I took a 5 day Cuba cruise on Majesty and then followed it by a 7 day on Symphony. I made the next level on the 5 day. I went and talked to the loyalty ambassador on Majesty and she said she couldn't do anything and to see the ambassador on Symphony for that but she would send an email to the ambassador on Symphony letting them know. When I got on Symphony I went to that ambassador and of course they hadn't received an email but she was able to change everything right away and get us new cards. Just didn't have the perks of the higher rank for boarding or in room right away. 

Just FYI....being Diamond and above does not get you into the room any earlier than anyone else.  They are all ready about 1:30...

16 hours ago, willtr03 said:

5 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Just FYI....being Diamond and above does not get you into the room any earlier than anyone else.  They are all ready about 1:30...

I am pretty sure that he means that the stuff in his cabin wasn't D+ stuff.  🙂  He had to wait to get the right benefits letter, etc.

@willtr03, please jump in and correct me if I am wrong.  🙂 

20 hours ago, bilyclub said:

Interesting, I was told last week that they have no transportation between the ports by a pretty knowledgeable Royal agent. 

I tried this on our cruise and would not recommend it. We signed up and payed the $30 per person for the port transfer on Majesty. Was told a certain time to meet someone at curbside (said they would have someone with our name on a board). Once we got off at that time no one was around. None of the royal people doing transfers had any idea we needed a transfer and didn't have any shuttles going to the next port. We got the run around from a bus driver for a while and after not getting any answers we just took an uber. Wish we would have done that from the get go. 

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am pretty sure that he means that the stuff in his cabin wasn't D+ stuff.  🙂  He had to wait to get the right benefits letter, etc.

@willtr03, please jump in and correct me if I am wrong.  🙂 

Yes, that is what I meant. I know we don't get in the room any earlier, I was just referring to the paperwork and such (side note, we were not going to D+, just emerald level but same concept, wont be diamond until after our next cruise). 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 8:19 AM, mscinmia said:

Royal does have shuttles that go from PEV to POM.  You can arrange this pre-cruise and also on the ship.

Not as of March 2018 when we could've used it. We weren't expecting it but figured give it a shot. Actually called ahead of time to check and Royal said no. We also checked with Guest Services and the Diamond Concierge on board. Like I said we weren't expecting one so it wasn't a big deal.