Bean Counters vs Diamonds

seeyakids

4 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I realize some have gotten their status on coat tails and some paid a lot for double points in a suite.  But alot have also earned that one night at a time.  Currently at 250....we will never make pinnacle however that's a lot of months at sea and I feel it deserves some perks.  It also keeps us coming back rather then taking our money elsewhere.  I appreciate all the perks. I enjoy the lounge.  It would be pretty rough if it all changed.

I agree!

We cruise(d) with 8 lines, but now when we have D status for several years we cruise much more often with Royal than with others. We are not alone.

We already lost some points in cruise/nights conversion and became D later than we should've... and now that....

Edited by Tatka

Just now, davekathy said:

Millennium, Solstice and Edge class ships all have the Tuscan Restaurant. 

Yes, but on Edge it is one of MDRs. Do you know for sure that Elite's breakfast is held there?

2 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I agree!

We cruise(d) with 8 lines, but now when we have D status for several years we cruise much more often with Royal than with others. We are not alone.

We already lost some points in cruise/nights conversion and became D later than we should've... and now that....

And you're elite on Celebrity. 

2 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Do you really want to go on a cruise

Just to sit in a isolated room with a bunch of people bragging on how many RC trips they have been on?

No they want to squeeze into the lounge to receive unlimited drinks. The problem could be solved by just limiting the drinks to 3 no matter what lounge they are in. I bet if they did that they would find the lounges empty and could add more cabins it it’s place.

• Like 6

Why should it make a difference if the points are earned in an inside cabin or in a suite.  I am one who could never stay in an inside cabin, would at least need a window to let in some light.  It sounds like I should not get what you do because I stayed in a suite.  I did that one night at a time also.

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

And you're elite on Celebrity. 

Yes. Via Royal. Although X was our first love. We do have 6 cruises with them. I wish they sailed more from Northeast.

We are Platinum (equal to Diamond/Elite) with NCL and Platinum with Princess.. but Royal (and Celebrity) seems to be our priorities since that level. 🙂

Yes, but on Edge it is one of MDRs. Do you know for sure that Elite's breakfast is held there?

No personal experience as we have never sailed on the Edge. I've read on the Celebrity forum that's where the morning CC coffee lounge is. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Why should it make a difference if the points are earned in an inside cabin or in a suite.  I am one who could never stay in an inside cabin, would at least need a window to let in some light.  It sounds like I should not get what you do because I stayed in a suite.  I did that one night at a time also.

You should get double points...just makes sense as you're spending more.  I just don't want the program to change. 

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

It just takes longer to get to that level in regular accommodations than in suite.

Yes. Via Royal. Although X was our first love. We do have 6 cruises with them. I wish they sailed more from Northeast.

We are Platinum (equal to Diamond/Elite) with NCL and Platinum with Princess.. but Royal (and Celebrity) seems to be our priorities since that level. 🙂

We did a 14 night New England/ Canada cruise on the Summit, 8 to 22 September 2019. Fantastic cruise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We did a 14 night New England/ Canada cruise on the Summit, 8 to 22 September 2019. Fantastic cruise. 

If my work situation won't change we will do 12 day NE/Canada on Summit out of Boston next September. This will be our 3rd time on her.. and still it is more limited than RCI choices or even NCL choices. 🙂 We also work full time so while out of 5-6 cruises a year we have 12-14 dayers it is maximum once per year.

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

It's pretty clear that the majority of the Diamond rewards and DL discussion centres around the free drinks.

Just watch RCL eliminate the free drinks to every tier and start providing a "Diamond Discount" (AKA another fake sale) on drink packages. They'd then eliminate the lounges in favor of staterooms, or restrict them to higher tiers. (discount not combinable with any other sale or offer - of course)

I thought at one time there was some rumor that the lounge would remain but your drinks in there would count like your vouchers. So basically you would get three drinks per evening regardless of where you had that drink. 

Seems  reasonable to me, but I know I am in the minority

m

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

RC is getting rid of the CLs. Get rid of the SL and make it another top 3 tier lounge. Call the two lounges Top Three Tier Lounges.  Open only to diamond, diamond plus and pinnacles.  

They will never get rid of the suite lounge. Those folks are spending a lot of money to be on the ship and deserve a lounge.

m

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m still amazed that we’re spending so much time talking about why we don’t like the crowded lounges where we get FREE drinks, free appetizers etc. And then we don’t wanna use our vouchers for FREE drinks and other bars, because for some reason we would rather sit in a crowded room and complain about all the other people in there to get their FREE  drinks. 

I guess if we complain enough, there will be no more lounges, therefore removing the need to complain. I think we need to be careful what we wish for  

m

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

They will never get rid of the suite lounge. Those folks are spending a lot of money to be on the ship and deserve a lounge.

m

Actually the Suite Lounge is a new addition on Royal, I think newer then Pinnacle and Diamond Plus

Edited by ONECRUISER

16 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

So now that my head is going to explode,  we are still allowed into the Diamond Lounge?  Just the overflow is in jeopardy??

all it took was a post quoting "very reliable source"  and 121 posts later.

I do remember for a fact when the Diamonds were booted out of the concierge...that hurt!! And Diamonds only complimentary drinks were cheap wine or 50% off beer....and that was not that long ago.