Galveston's Adventure

RCCL Fan

So....

Allure's routes out of Galveston are finally out.

7 night to Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel

&

4 night to Cozumel.

But totally missing from the schedule is Adventure.

It seems to have disappeared from the schedule at the same time Allure pops up.

My hope was that Adventure would start doing something to Coco Cay on 7 night route....  or would pick up the routes Allure can't do. (belize/grand cayman)   I'm hoping her routes are just still being finalized, but with Allure now in Galveston I suppose it's possible Adventure could go elsewhere and just let Allure Alternate between short and long routes.   I dunno. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, marci4tony said:

Keep in mind, when it comes to Galveston, that the transportation between the Airport and the Port is riduc.  Book your transfers through the cruise line if you can.  It is a good solid hour commute from IAH 

I would never book my transfers with the cruiseline; that’s a great way to:

1. Waste a bunch of money

2. Waste a bunch of time waiting for 50

other people to load a bus. 

Grab an Uber, or one of the dozens of private car or shuttle services in the area. 

Thanks for the heads up! We just booked on the November 14th 2021 sailing of the Allure with an open booking we purchased onboard. Staterooms were disappearing that showed available while I was talking to the Vacation Planner on the phone. The rate increased while I was playing around with the website too. Fortunately, our planner got us the original rate that I saw. 

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

So....

Allure's routes out of Galveston are finally out.

7 night to Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel

&

4 night to Cozumel.

But totally missing from the schedule is Adventure.

It seems to have disappeared from the schedule at the same time Allure pops up.

My hope was that Adventure would start doing something to Coco Cay on 7 night route....  or would pick up the routes Allure can't do. (belize/grand cayman)   I'm hoping her routes are just still being finalized, but with Allure now in Galveston I suppose it's possible Adventure could go elsewhere and just let Allure Alternate between short and long routes.   I dunno. 

Will Adventure return after Europe?

Since you can't do 3 night trips out of Galveston, do you think they will really do 5/4/5 with Allure?

Is the 4 night Cozumel, the tail end of repo week from PC

Edited by John&LaLa

Just now, HBE4 said:

I believe so. I only see one sailing for Nov 10 before starting the same 7-day itineraries on Nov 14.

That makes sense then. I can't see any other reason to do a short cruise out of Galveston with Allure.

3 hours ago, marci4tony said:

Keep in mind, when it comes to Galveston, that the transportation between the Airport and the Port is riduc.  Book your transfers through the cruise line if you can.  It is a good solid hour commute from IAH 

Our one trip out of Galveston used a cruise line bus out of Bush. It was a Celebrity TA to Rome on Galaxy. I thought it seemed convenient 

You're correct just that one 4-day.

My mistake.

Looks like Allure will only do 7-nights to Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.   No 2nd route like Liberty had.

But moreover I'm concerned about where the second ship is.....  come Nov. 2021  Adventure where art thou?

Im a little excited about this...we are from MA but have cruised out of Galveston a few times during our school breaks - usually because I can fly our family of 4 to Houston for the price of a single ticket to Florida...yes we add a car rental and extra night in Galveston  it it’s still usually cheaper! 

These are our favorite ports so it’s nice that we don’t have to worry about the port selection - just the week we want to go! 

I did a quick look at prices for a 2021 cruise at our school breaks - it’s a bit pricier than I wanted to spend still (much more than our last liberty cruise with 2 balconies!)...and the ocean balconies are were about $75 less PP than the neighborhood ones with no real savings otherwise. 

6 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

My mistake.

Looks like Allure will only do 7-nights to Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.   No 2nd route like Liberty had.

But moreover I'm concerned about where the second ship is.....  come Nov. 2021  Adventure where art thou?

Maybe it's seasonal 😉

Overall capacity with Allure is about the same as Liberty and a Vision ship. Liberty and Adventure is definitely more. 

6 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

My mistake.

Maybe the two ships in Galveston isn’t working out and they’re going back to one. The weird turnaround days on the 4/5/5 rotation in Galveston are terrible, it’s probably a harder sell than the Monday, Saturday, Thursday in Florida. 

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

Maybe the two ships in Galveston isn’t working out and they’re going back to one. The weird turnaround days on the 4/5/5 rotation in Galveston are terrible, it’s probably a harder sell than the Monday, Saturday, Thursday in Florida. 

The 3/4 rotation on the east coast is really convenient

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

Possible.

42 minutes ago, jimmyjam1973 said:

This route is very disappointing.  Was hoping to get a Coco Cay trip going out of Galveston. 

Ship gets there it's already Nov of the May-APR yr, have feeling next yr might be more options, GC(Pier?) and others, though might not be Nassau/Coco Cay could be

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe it's seasonal 😉

I would think that Nov - April would be the high season as people flock to Mexico/Caribbean for winter vacation.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Overall capacity with Allure is about the same as Liberty and a Vision ship. Liberty and Adventure is definitely more. 

Correct, but the whole point of the new terminal was about increasing capacity out of Galveston.   I would expect another ship to be announced soon. I keep reading rumors of Radiance.

Galveston recorded its millionth cruise passenger a few weeks ago.  RCCL will continue to have at least two ships here, if not more.

Princess, NCL and MSC has have voiced interest to home port in Galveston.

As the 4th largest cruise port in the U.S.; Galveston will continue to expand the cruise business and commercial dockage.