Cruise wear

cruznjan

16 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I'm guessing with the Internet having everything year'round, cruise wear departments wouldn't pay their worth.

What I remember of it as a genre, it was unattractively over the top. But I'm more the tailored type.

• Like 1

Not sure there is a need these days. Sadly the number of passengers following the suggested dress codes is falling.

The majority of people I have seen travelling on Princess and Royal Caribbean over the last few years does not wear 'posh' clothes . Quite the opposite in many cases!!!!!!

I have never seen a "cruise clothes" department in a store, even when I lived in Southern California.  Kind of like I have never seen a rack of dresses labeled "sundresses", so I never know what someone is referring to when mentioning a sundress purchase.

21 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I have never seen a "cruise clothes" department in a store, even when I lived in Southern California.  Kind of like I have never seen a rack of dresses labeled "sundresses", so I never know what someone is referring to when mentioning a sundress purchase.

I found this.  It even mentions Lily Pulitzer🤣

IMG_1685 (1).PNG

I don't know if there were "cruise wear" signs, but I used to see "cruise wear" sections in department stores and found the clothes to be so kitchsy they were ridiculous.  Everything was red, white and blue, had anchor and sailboat motifs, etc.  I actually saw a collection like that a year or two ago, though I can't recall where.  It was a moment of "OMG they're doing 'cruise wear' again" horror, LOL 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2020 at 3:25 AM, islandgirlejfan said:

JJill sells resort wear which is very nice.  I am a huge fan of Soft Surroundings as well, although they are very pricey.  

I try to buy a new outfit each time I cruise. Doing a B2B next month & can't find anything at Macy's. Thank you for the JJill suggestion. It doesn't need to be resort wear, just different / new

37 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

My cruise wear is whatever I'd wear at home, for whatever the weather will be!  You don't need a special wardrobe!

I also. We're retired so I no longer have a 'corporate' wardrobe. Everything I'd take on a trip I'd wear at home, as you said, weather permitting. Shoes also.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

What I wear at home...I will be the lady in pajamas strolling everywhere😉 it's funny, when I am out during the summer in white linen pants and a Lily Pulitzer top, I've had people say "looks like your going on a cruise" which I reply "I wish!"😄

I just learned that you can order from the main dining menu through room service so I'm considering packing ONLY pj's!!!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, sydbarrett said:

I just learned that you can order from the main dining menu through room service so I'm considering packing ONLY pj's!!!! 🤣

Oh gosh, thanks for the laugh!  I needed it.  Sitting here breaking in a new pair of shoes.

On 2/15/2020 at 11:50 PM, cb at sea said:

My cruise wear is whatever I'd wear at home, for whatever the weather will be!  You don't need a special wardrobe!

I hope you know that there are different Cruise wear are available in the market, you should be wear them on you next journey.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:29 AM, clo said:

I also. We're retired so I no longer have a 'corporate' wardrobe. Everything I'd take on a trip I'd wear at home, as you said, weather permitting. Shoes also.

Great! but don't forget to take a look into special wears for your next trip.

I, for one, have a "cruise wardrobe".  At home I wear jeans or workout clothing most days.  On a cruise I wear sundresses, shorts, or jumpsuits in the day, and cocktail dresses, gowns, or linen pants outfits in the evening, with heels.  Just went shopping for a new sundress today.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sanket2875 said:

I hope you know that there are different Cruise wear are available in the market, you should be wear them on you next journey.

Sorry, but I'm one of those who wears what I wear at home.   I rarely buy something that I'm only going to wear on a vacation.   I did buy a long blue tank dress last summer to wear to the Andrea Bocelli concert at the Hollywood Bowl (went great with my jeans jacket and Jambu shoes).  The was the only time I wore that dress that cost over $200 (for me a LOT for anything that isn't a parka or boots).  I get to wear it again this summer for the same concert.  Then, back in the closet it will go again.  I haven't taken a cruise of vacation where I needed a special "cruise" or "resort" wardrobe.   

If you like and can afford spending on a special wardrobe, go for it!!!  I'm just a Plain Jane multi-purpose person 😉