Mardi Gras Officially Delayed

balcony bound

16 minutes ago, declansdad said:

What would you complain about? It's not Carnival's fault.

I’d complain about the fact that those of us on the sailing don’t even have emails from Carnival yet. It’s a Crappy way to find out. They should have been ahead of the news leak and gotten us letters first. It’s not their first rodeo. If you call they tell you to refer to the email. 

• Like 4

this stinks....

I was so excited to celebrate my retirement with a repositioning cruise out of New York, and for 15 days, and a Journeys cruise as well....

Yes I can book another cruise, but it will not be anywhere near the experience I was so looking forward to.

2 minutes ago, JennN said:

I’d complain about the fact that those of us on the sailing don’t even have emails from Carnival yet. It’s a Crappy way to find out. They should have been ahead of the news leak and gotten us letters first. It’s not their first rodeo. If you call they tell you to refer to the email. 

Very True!  However when my cruise to Alaska on Celebrity was cancelled several years ago, I found out first here on Cruise Critic.  Tried to call my PVP but phone busy.  Guess I can figure out why...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JennN said:

It was just announced this morning, TA's have been notified and emails are being sent out.

Some people just to complain. The cruises are almost a year out and you booked on the first or one of the first cruises of a new ship. That's always a gamble.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m booked on inaugural cruise as well. Logged onto Carnival website this morning and noticed the booking was no longer there. I Was concerned and called Carnival and was told that letters are going out. Great way to find out. Airfare already purchased as well.

22 minutes ago, shof515 said:

This is the second ship Meyer Turku has delayed. they also delayed the Costa newbuild ship too. With these delays, hopefully Carnival learns their lesson and not use them any more 

They certainly could add a performance bond clause in the contract. Similar to a large construction project has, this isn't always a punitive action, but an incentive that delivery dates are reasonable and achievable for the project. The contractor and receiver are covered.

47 minutes ago, declansdad said:

It was just announced this morning, TA's have been notified and emails are being sent out.

Some people just to complain. The cruises are almost a year out and you booked on the first or one of the first cruises of a new ship. That's always a gamble.

Yes, and as soon as one person was notified, it would be all over the internet, and people would complain they didn't get notified, and had to find out second hand.  Posting on Facebook, the internet, and sending info to all TA's at the same time, is the only way this can work.  

I get that people would love to here it first in person, but that is just not logistically possible.  With the internet today, unless they somehow called every single person on every single sailing at the exact same time, (which is impossible), somebody would find out some other way.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

I'm booked on the Nov 14th cruise. Part of me is happy to still being going but I've never done an inaugural sailing.  Now I'm worried everything won't be complete and running smoothly. 

I'm also already booked on the Nov 14th sailing and I have the same worries! I'm also trying to be realistic about the fact that this sailing could get cancelled also. I know for us, we'd be greatly disappointed, but it's still far enough out that we'd be able to figure out other plans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

this stinks....

I was so excited to celebrate my retirement with a repositioning cruise out of New York, and for 15 days, and a Journeys cruise as well....

Yes I can book another cruise, but it will not be anywhere near the experience I was so looking forward to.

That sucks....

But congrats on the retirement!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

this stinks....

I am truly sorry for yall. We all look so forward to our cruises. I don't blame you one bit for being disappointed.

• Like 1

Wow, this is pretty disappointing. My family was booked on the 15 day NYC to Port Canaveral run and really looking forward to finally getting to the Southern islands. 

The itinerary was awesome, some of our favorite ports and a few new ones. 

I have 3 ticket booked via Aeroplan in business class (with lie-flat beds) from Vancouver to New York, then after the cruise from Orlando to Toronto in economy and then Toronto to Vancouver in lie-flat beds again. We had extra days booked on either end to explore NYC and take my kids to Disney. My youngest will be just short of 2 years old so he would have still been a lap infant. 

We are also going to be at 60 nights getting on, so my wife and I would have turned Platinum and my boys would have turned Gold. 

We were considering it a 10 year anniversary trip. (It was slightly early, because if we waited till our actual anniversary, then we would have had to get a 4th ticket for my youngest since he would have turned 2.)

Hopefully the cover the ticket cancellation costs. 

Maybe the next Mardi-Gras class ship will have a similar itinerary in a few years. 

3 hours ago, declansdad said:

What would you complain about? It's not Carnival's fault.

Well, since you asked the question...I don't think over 20,000 people are complaining.  We are severely disappointed.  Even though the cruise is a year away, excursions and rooms were sold out months ago.  I know I have spent countless hours researching ports, excursions, flights, hotels; buying every Rick Steves book there is; watching You Tube videos of ports; becoming invested in roll calls and new friendships.  There was a lot that went into this.  So to just scrap it all and say, "Oh, well" I don't think is realistic.  This is fresh news to us.  Will we get over it?  Absolutely.  But today we are sad.  And it might be nice if our fellow cruisers could show just a tad bit of empathy right now.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1